Crazy Cat Lady Chapter 3 - A New Beginning

Options

Comments

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,307 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Keep plodding :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Ahhhhh, so you can undertake marking as a way of earning a bit extra? I wasn't aware that was a thing. Although I must admit, I hadn't even thought about it. It seems a good fit for you though but be careful not to burn yourself out.
  • Eager_Elephant
    Eager_Elephant Posts: 4,714 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options

Woke up this morning with a stuffy head and sore eyeballs. I'm hoping that it's just general fatigue and being worn out from the time of year etc rather than that I'm coming down with something. I'm a bit too busy to get sick.

These symptoms plus a few more are what I get fir hayfever, people think that hayfever involves a runny nose but for me it doesnt. On top of what you describe I also get a tickly mouth, sore throat, and ears that feel like they have loads of pressure in them.
    Fingers crossed it isnt anything too bad.
    EE - I'm not surprised any more that our lives seem to follow such similar paths. I often catch myself wondering if you're going through exactly the same stuff as I am.

I have stalled slightly on the divorce side of things, even though I saw a solicitor on the first week I havent taken it further. Too be honest I only went to see her so that STBEXH knew I was serious about him leaving and now he has left there doesnt seem the rush to do anything especially as I know I have 6 months from any incidents of unreasonable behaviour. I think you are going great guns and doing so well.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi again everyone :hello:
    Not ill, just tired. I've had a couple of exhausted days which have made me very over emotional and liable to burst into tears at any given moment. But it is still just busy. I know it's worth June being like this because of the money I will make to spend on the kids come July and August - making memories and travelling the uk. :D
    I am utterly determined to get one of these 4 contracts finished tonight - ideally 2 if I work very hard. Means knuckling down and getting on but it will be fine. The end is in sight for 1 (almost 2 but the second one requires a bit more extra admin once the marking is done) so fingers are firmly crossed.
    Solicitors rang me yesterday - the paperwork has gone to the courts for the divorce. Still waiting for my bank statement so I can get on with getting the mortgage sorted out. I think it's more urgent for me EE because we're both on the mortgage and I want it just to be my mortgage. But I don't see the point in dawdling about - I've made my mind up that we're done and dusted and the sooner we can get the divorce done and move on then the happier I will be. And I will be even more happy once the finances are sorted out as well but that will need to wait until I hear about a mortgage.
    Other than that, really nothing to report. Work, mark, sleep and repeat until done. :D I will get properly caught up with all of you whose diaries I read, just need some time to do it.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,307 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Hope you can get what you want done.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Pesky extra admin! Your brain thinks you've finished and you have to drag it back kicking and screaming to finish more work. Gah! Good luck with it all x
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • foxgloves
    foxgloves Posts: 11,118 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    You are sooooo busy, CCL. It's not helped that the divorce/mortgage stuff & all the emotional fall-out from that, has coincided with your most manically busy time of year. The extra marking sounds like a huge lot of work, but it will be good when the money from that starts to come in. It will hopefully arrive just in time for you to take your children out for a summer treat or two. And look,another week has passed, so that's another week closer to the school holidays. I'm sure you'll have more time & energy then to devote to moving things on, so try to hang on in there!
    I expect the cats are helping in their own way!
    F xx
    "For each of our actions there are only consequences" (James Lovelock)"For in the true nature of things......every green tree is far more glorious than if it were made of gold & silver" (Martin Luther King Jnr)
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I have a friend whose husband sets exams and marks as well. If I visit and stay with them , I don't see the husband only at mealtimes . He marks science papers as well, the internet went down one year at their home and it was panic stations.

Hope you get to the end of no 2 . Have a good weekend.
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Good morning :coffee: :hello:
    This is how tired I am. Woke up this morning to the sound of a text arriving at my phone - so picked it up to check it and saw that it was 7am. I panicked that I had slept in, got up and started getting ready for work. It took me almost 10 minutes to realise that it's Saturday :rotfl:
    I'm not sure that the end is in sight for the marking just yet, but one paper is fully complete, one is about 95% complete, one is 30% complete, one is about 15% complete and one starts next week. So I'm getting there. Not much planned for today other than marking and a haircut this afternoon, which ds and I are both absolutely desperate for. Pity I can't really afford it at the moment but I'm still hopeful that this is just a short term thing - even though it's gone on for a couple of months now. As my counsellor has said, I can't focus on the things I can't control at the moment. I always sort things out in the end and at the moment I need to focus on my family and my marking and stop stressing about things I can't control. I'm waiting for solicitors and mortgage news so I can't do anything on that front at the moment. I could cry at the thought of the debt I'm running up though, but I've been there before and gotten out of it, and I'll get there again. Just need to go with the flow at the moment...
    Saw ex again yesterday - he came to watch ds swim again. He still seems really good - still doing all the things I wanted him to do when we were together. Getting out and about, exercising, showing an interest in his children. I still feel sad that we have to be apart to be happy, but he agrees with me that it's all for the best. I'm still quite hopeful that we'll manage to stay friends through it all. Who knows though? I have seen improvement like this before and then watched him crash back down - just need to remember that the kids are my top priority there. We have arranged for them to see him tomorrow for Father's Day, and I'm going to go and see my dad and stepdad as well. I have the day off tutoring and will be child free so I'm going to take a couple of hours out of marking to visit my family.
    It was also my Year 11's last exam yesterday so a few goodbyes. It's always a little sad to see them leave, but lovely - and I got some absolutely gorgeous cards that had some really beautiful words in them. They're all proudly on displat at home :D
    Right - back later - I need to get on with some other stuff.
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning CCL,

I've just read through your diary and wanted to cheer you on. I'm in the same profession as you, albeit a different age range, and reading your diary resonated so much with me. I separated from my ex eighteen months ago due to his behaviour. Although alcohol wasn't involved his volatility became unbearable and the stress of living in such a situation affected my children so much so that one of my DD's had,what I can only describe as a breakdown and ended up seeing a youth counsellor and having a youth worker for about 6 months. That was the catalyst I needed to wake up and see how unhealthy the situation was and to do something about it. Like you, I had been working hard at school and trying to hold it all together, paying for all the household and children's expenses on my own. It took another 6 months for the ex to leave and that was only when my solicitor said I had no other option but to apply for an occupation order. My ex owns another house which he bought before we met so I knew he had other options whereas I didn't, as all my money had gone in paying bills and everyday expenses, so I had nothing to even be able to put down a deposit on a rental home. The ex has chosen not to live in his other house and to this day I have no idea where he lives, although he is local enough to see the children. That has caused extra expense because getting legal papers to him has taken quite a while.

It sounds like your solicitor is on the ball and things are moving forward for you. A huge well done on getting the marking done on top of the usual summer term teaching commitments. I appreciate how much inner strength is needed to get to the point of saying enough and then working out the future. I'll be reading with interest as I still have to work out my house situation for the future. In my case I need to move elsewhere in the long term, as my ex still has things here which he keeps turning up for and I don't think boundaries will be properly respected until I do.

Have a lovely day visiting your dad and stepdad and I hope you get chance to feel you've had a break from the marking.
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills