Warning - do not use wolstenholmes solicitors

Options

Comments

• Ali1234_2
    Options
    adam123456 wrote: »
    I think wolstenholmes are great they have excellent customer services and provide an excellent service, i had all my calls returned, they are a sucessful company everyone has there own opinions, they have excellent lawyers who can provide regular feedback !!!! Best lawyers ever

Have you actually used them? Their sales department is good, and returned my calls - that is all part of the con as you feel like you are dealing with a professional company. What a mistake. Once they had my money it was a different story, and I find it hard to believe that ANYONE has successfully bought or sold anything through them.
  • cakinwande
    Options
    Ali1234 wrote: »
    Have you actually used them? Their sales department is good, and returned my calls - that is all part of the con as you feel like you are dealing with a professional company. What a mistake. Once they had my money it was a different story, and I find it hard to believe that ANYONE has successfully bought or sold anything through them.

Wolstenholmes have a number of employees trawling the web and posing as customers. The clues to look out for are:

1) Positive feedback...! We all know this company is terrible so positive feedback is bound to be fake, look at how its worded and if there is any specific details in depth

2) How many post counts the user has made

3) When the poster joined.

adam123456 joined Nov 2009 and has one post, this one. Do you think this is a genuine customer?
  • cakinwande
    Options
    Ha, I just read on another forum that Nazma (the one who tracked threads down all over the web to try and clean up Wolstenholmes name) has left the company. When are the law society just going to go there and close them down?!

I hope everyone has made a legal complaint against them. We are owed hundreds if not thousands in compensation.
  • robynellis
    Options
    Ali1234 wrote: »
    We used Wolstenholmes on a flat purchase. The purchase nearly fell through as a result of their repeated failings, and they didn't care. I cannot stress how bad they were. Their solicitors lied not only to us but to their in-house supervisors, constantly blaming each other for their failures. Wassam Sidique (Syd) was supposedly in charge.
    I wished that I had given up on them at the first sign of trouble, but as they had charged £300 of the fees upfront I carried on. I ended up having to call them most days for several weeks - if I didn't nag them they did nothing, literally. It cost me a fortune in time, phone bills and stress.
    Please, please, please don't use them.

:mad: I am currently with Wolstenholmes for conveyancing & my experience has been horrendous. Aug they started my conveyancing & it is still ongoing. My purchasers mortgage expires on 6/12/09. Messages left, emails faxes sent all ignored. In fact i am going to the office in Birmingham today as everyone involved in the transaction has had enough. as you have said lies have been told from start to finish.But they was more than happy to take £450 upfront for the fees. I can not believe clients are treated in such a unconsiderate manner. I have complained on the advice of the LAW COMPLAINTS SOCIETY .. Suprise suprise to response..
    I CANNOT STRESS ENOUGH FOR FUTURE CLIENTS DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY
  • char1iecha1k
    Options
    I am another victim of this awful firm. Like a lot of people I only wish I had seen this sooner. I feel like I am stuck with them now

a few statistics:

weeks since the vendors solicitor sent the contract: 4 (Wolstenholmes have not recieved it yet!)

in the last 2 weeks:

Voice calls made: 20
    responses: 1 (and it was to the assistant, not the solicitor, I can get hold of her)

emails sent: 8
    responses: 2
  • Israfel
    Israfel Posts: 104 Forumite
    Options
    My advice would be to any of you still with them, it's probably not too late to change, as one poster mentioned they've held them up since May, thats crazy. As anyone whos read through the thread will know I had my trouble with them. I managed to get my 300 back after badgering them for weeks. I changed to a local solicitor and I'm now completing on friday and it's been hassle free since I changed. He's been great, spoken to him face to face twice and he's replied to every phone and email. If you're still with them instruct a local recommended solicitor as soon as possible to save yourself stress, grief and money. You can chase them up for your deposit back then, you will get it eventually. Earlier in the thread someone posted a complaints number so use that. I did find there was a chance of them answering if you phoned early, no hope after about 10 in the morning. Best of luck to all still dealing with them
  • char1iecha1k
    Options
    Since writing the last post I made up my mind and cancelled. I am going to use a local solicitor which is what I should have done in the first place. He is in walking distance of my office so if nothing is happening I can go and make a nuisance of myself! Meanwhile I am bracing myself for difficulties getting my deposit back.
  • isayoldchap
    isayoldchap Posts: 1,262 Forumite
    edited 3 December 2009 at 8:21AM
    Options
    I have just had my enquiry started with the LCS.

I do hope they will have 'teeth' to deal with these clowns.

Advice to buyers.......Don't use them!
    Advice to sellers.......Don't accept an offer until you know who their solicitors will be.Oh, and don't use Wolstenholmes
    Advice to Estate Agents........Be very wary of Wolstenholmes being mentioned in your office.It will seriously hold up the contract up
  • Bootsox
    Bootsox Posts: 171 Forumite
    edited 6 December 2009 at 11:53AM
    Options
    Wolstenholmes, oh dear me, trolling a thread like this pretending to be happy customers is the tactic of a bunch of losers!

The correct approach is to actually trouble yourself to fix your product.

Having said that, some of the troll comments are bordering on the ironic.

What will happen to people's money if Wolstenholmes goes bust, is there some form of Law Society guarantee? Even, so it could take months to get your money back.

I can't understand why, on such a major purchase, people try to save a couple of hundred quid. Surely it is better to go to a local firm, preferably one that has a good local reputation or has been personally recommended?
  • braken
    Options
    I am a ftb and wolstenholmes suckered me in, what a mistake they are useless. I have now decided to get another solicitor and hope that I can get my money back from them. I have had no contact from the solicitor assigned to me at all, I have phoned and emailed but to no avail and I will be reporting them to the law society.

If anybody lives in the greater Manchester area can you recommend any decent solicitors. Somebody told me to use ford banks Irwin, has anybody used them? Any help would be appreciated.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure