PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 7th September 2009

Options

Comments

• Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2009 at 6:32PM
    Options
    I have ironed what I washed this morning and that washing included the soak up towels so they can go away now. I don't iron towels (well I iron tea towels but hey...)
    *grins as clearly did good job with hoseleak*
    That washing, BTW did NOT include DS's school uniform. That's still in his schoolbag. From Friday:rolleyes:

In case I don't get back on good luck for the interview Quillion. Have you any other possibles in the pipeline?
    I am assuming (but I could be wrong) that you will go through Gleadless so I'll sent vibes over to White Lane you can pick them up as you zip past...
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Mrs_Beatson
    Options
    Hey girls...

excuse any typos.. Ive been kiddie free all afternooon and have to admit to having to partaking in a couple of glasses...

thank you ALL for your input into the hobby conversation! I have to admit I have been feeling a NEED to "have a hobby" lately, but have realised from your comments that you all seem to roughly do the same things as I do (with the exception of those craft-y ones amongst us!!)

To be honest I feel a lot better now!! Im not as dull as I thought I was and those things I DO do are perfectly acceptable!!!

Oh Im a strange creature at times, I know!!:rotfl:

Now somehow I need to get the school uniforms from the WM to the TD... that's gonna be a herculean effort!!

Mshs Beee

xx
    :rotfl:If you have made someone laugh today... check your skirt isn't tucked into your knickers!!!:rotfl:
    Mrs B you're a legend.
  • soappie
    soappie Posts: 6,786 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Boddy - well done for standing up to the yobs!
    Funny you should mention the Reds Trikes - they nipped by here late this afternoon on their way somewhere and gave me a nice low flypast...
    Quillion - middle one for me too
    Toots - I'm glad you're home safe and well

Well, did the natural science thing - was interesting if you like stuffed birds and butterflies etc. pinned to boards. I loved the building though - it's a listed one so it was nice to see inside.

DD seems to be well and truly over her ex. They were supposed to meet up again today and he cancelled saying he was waiting in for the sky man - now, I don't think Sky work on a Sunday! If they do, then I forgive him. But as he didn't answer the phone when she called, she's as suspicious as I and has said she's well shot of him..
    I am the leading lady in the movie of my life
  • toottifrootti
    Options
    hey Mrs B
    I am trying to catch up on the thread but just had to pop on and say you cannot possibly be dull - you are part of this thread/community and we are not dull or sad!!!!
    What about scrapbooking so you can create memories?
    Do you want a hobby that produces an end result or just something to enjoy and fill in time?
    would you be able to go to an afternoon class at the college and maybe learn a new skill or hobby?
    what about swimming - tennis- golf - art - photography - dress making - doing your family tree - bungee jumping - parachuting - sky diving - white water rafting - wine making - wine appreciation - local history - hill walking - dog walking - pet sitting - granny sitting - avon - card making - calligraphy - racing - pottery making - learn a new language - birthday cake making - gardening?????
    toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

• SarahShattered
    SarahShattered Posts: 2,222 Forumite
    edited 20 September 2009 at 6:31PM
    Options
    Valli
    WTG with the hose leak :T :T :T :T and :T :T :T :T :T re: the uniform! I'm impressed.:D Did you cave on the washing up? Or is it all in spare washing up bowl? :confused::rotfl::rotfl:

Mrs B you're a legend. I'm considering attempting 'hair of the substantial dog that bit me'. :D:D btw, I don't have any hobbies... ;)
    MMSSB Club Founder Member
    'Mean Mummies that set and stick to boundaries' :p

• AnW'sMum
    AnW'sMum Posts: 4,416 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    To be honest I feel a lot better now!! Im not as dull as I thought I was and those things I DO do are perfectly acceptable!!!

lol well it's that or we are all as dull as each other! But yes the things we all do are perfectly acceptable ;) I just missed off MSe and the net as I thought those were a given :rotfl:

Great to have you home toots, I know this will fall on deaf ears and dodgy eyes but please pace yourself ;)

ETA just seen your latest post toots, talk about back and running at full pelt!!!! Great suggestions BTW think she might home in on the wine ones, noe sure why I think that :p
    Official Mascot and Chief Cheerleader for the 'Mortgage Free in Three' Gang :D
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,780 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 13 September 2009 at 6:56PM
    Options
    Valli
    WTG with the hose leak :T :T :T :T and :T :T :T :T :T re: the uniform! I'm impressed.:D Did you cave on the washing up? Or is it all in spare washing up bowl? :confused::rotfl::rotfl:

Mrs B you're a legend. I'm considering attempting 'hair of the substantial dog that bit me'. :D:D btw, I don't have any hobbies... ;)
    No
    he washed it

(then I washed some of it properly :rotfl: he forgot the outside of the pan, that was all!)
    I decided not to include MSE and ebaying as I thought they were a given...got two buyers squabbling over one of my GBA cartridges...I hope they carry on a bit! Well they are DS's so he will get the money less postage and final fees...gosh I'm tough *cracks whip*
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • 3tabbycats
    Options
    Hi all
    Just updating my lists so I can get my stars before the new thread!

Manic Monday ~ Kitchen of Grot and Diming Room of Gloom
    Level One
    Level Two
    Wipe the big appliances and units.. don't forget kickboards!
    Clear a sticky dishevelled cupboard
    Level Three
    Clean the oven and hob..

Tickly Tuesday ~ Living Room, Hall and Stairs
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Clean TV, other electricals and cabinets
    Level 3
    Wipe light switches, sockets (make sure they are not switched on!!) and banister
    Clean any other glass like mirrors, pictures etc

Wednesday ~ Master Bedroom & Landing
    Level 1
    Level 2
    Dust surfaces & make sure no cobwebs.. (make sure to do the bed base.. mine was gross last week!)
    Vacuum and turn mattress before replacing with fresh linen
    Level 3

Thursday ~ Bathroom and Study/Pc Area
    Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three

Floopy Friday ~ Childrens/Spare Rooms
    Level One
    Level Two
    Level Three
  • jinky67
    jinky67 Posts: 47,812 Forumite
    Options
    AnW'sMum wrote: »
    l

ETA just seen your latest post toots, talk about back and running at full pelt!!!! Great suggestions BTW think she might home in on the wine ones, noe sure why I think that :p

I was gonna remark on that as well:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

I am alive BTW:D just not done any flying since I last reported.... been at work
    :heartpulsOnce a Flylady, always a Flylady:heartpuls
  • toottifrootti
    Options
    I'm considering attempting 'hair of the substantial dog that bit me'. :D:D btw, I don't have any hobbies... ;)
    :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
    AnW'sMum wrote: »
    Great to have you home toots, I know this will fall on deaf ears and dodgy eyes but please pace yourself ;)
    :p:p:p:p:rotfl:
    Valli wrote: »
    No
    he washed it

(then I washed some of it properly :rotfl: he forgot the outside of the pan, that was all!)
    I decided not to include MSE and ebaying as I thought they were a given...got two buyers squabbling over one of my GBA cartridges...I hope they carry on a bit! Well they are DS's so he will get the money less postage and final fees...gosh I'm tough *cracks whip*
    WTG Valli - I love your training methods!!!!:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

jinky hope you are feeling better hun?

toots xx
    Peace will be mine
    could do better - must try harder
    Live each day as if its your last
    DFW Nerd #1000 Proud to be dealing with my debts

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing