And so it begins: The Pig Vs The Mortgage

Options

Comments

• pinkypig
    pinkypig Posts: 1,814 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Evening :wave:

I fear my posts are getting a bit 'samey' as b***er all is happening really:p. Works is ticking along and although there are a lot of extras to fit in they're all nice :D. My drive to work was interesting with a few fallen trees and loads of fairly massive branches strewn across the lanes:eek: someone did a heroic clean up though as they were all chopped and stacked on the verges when I came home.

The kids are with their dad this weekend and although it's always lovely when they come home I've started to appreciate a bit of self indulgent time rather than dreading it like I used to.
    My plans are fairly fluid as the weather is unsettled however I'm hoping for a longish trail run (quite like a bit of mud:)),some reading, baking and a bit of relaxation. I've got a veggie lasagne, a bag of salad leaves and a bottle of red to ease us into the weekend - I can't wait:)

Today's steps to success were;

Did the weekly food shop for £22.26 :). This included pile of fruit and veggies - love this current Aldi S6 offers:)

£4.50 spent on Cs bits for my gift cupboard which included two limited edition local prints :money:, a book and a bnwt cushion which matches dd's bedroom perfectly.

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Laundry done and on the airer

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and chicken and mushrooms in creamy garlic sauce and rice for dinner. Dinner was scrummy and there were four individual portions left for the freezer:)

Dropped tax stuff off at the accountants

Weights class done

Enough water drunk

Off to watch a bit of tv before bed. Happy nearly Friday:):)

PP xx
    Original mortgage £112,000 . Final payment due August 2027.
    Mortgage neutral achieved August 2020 - 7 years early!!!
  • Moneyfordreams
    Moneyfordreams Posts: 2,442 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    your posts reflect how driven you are and very organised... the planning shines through :D something for many of us to aspire to , I can't wait for Saturday off... there will be a weights class, I will join a gym more local to me, I will decorate...I've just filled the slow cooker with soup mix and veggies to take a stew/soup to work tomorrow.. see it rubs off :D happy nearly Friday :)
    Mortgage restart June 2018 £119950Re mortgage August 19 £110470, … Mortgage November 22 £85600 final 0% CC 3300Home renovations - £65000, mid 2018 - mid 2022
  • rtandon27
    rtandon27 Posts: 4,546 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Not at all samey PP! - very motivating in fact - it's lovely to see how the momentum works once you have balance in your life! :D
    4 YEARS 10 MONTHS DEBT FREE!!! (24 OCT 2016)
    (With heartfelt thanks to those who have gone before us & their indubitable generosity.)
    ...and now I have a mortgage! (23 AUG 2021)
    17 YEARS 4 MONTHS LEFT OF 20 YEARS
  • Cheery_Daff
    Cheery_Daff Posts: 15,737 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    I too appreciate your posts about the little details of life PP :j In fact I love so much that you list your 'steps to success' that I might just start doing the same thing :D
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Awww thank you, you are a lovely lot:A. I find keeping a diary so valuable in terms of keeping me focussed and motivated but I do often find that nowt much has happened, especially mid month:p

Yesterday was a good day:). Work went smoothly and the kids got off to their dad's . The house always feels so quite without them but it's also very tidy:rotfl: My marking and planning is up to date and so are my assessments. All meals this weekend are from the freezer so it should be very relaxing indeed!
    My weekend of indulgence has got off to a lovely start. As the forecast is rubbish but last night was a beautiful evening we got out for a trail run after work which, once I'd got out of the door, I thoroughly enjoyed :p. The rest of the evening was a perfect end to the week, mainly due to good company :). It was also an mse triumph - ys posh Asda lasagne 50p, ys foccacia ys 10p, Aldi salad leaves 39p and bulk bought wine £4 followed by a cs DVD 25p:money: :rotfl: it was also a nsd!

Today will be mainly baking, relaxing and a walk if the weather allows. Happy Saturday to you :)

PP xx
  • CathT
    CathT Posts: 7,116 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Some of my favourite diaries are about everyday life rather than overpayments!
    May 2024 - part 1 - £29,628 part 2 - £24,612 Total - £54,240 42 months to go!
  • pinkypig
    Options
    CathT wrote: »
    Some of my favourite diaries are about everyday life rather than overpayments!

Thanks Cath - me too:p
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Hello :wave:

What a change in the weather:eek: it's actually cold here!

Yesterday was generally wet and overcast so a day of relaxation was achieved. I had coffee in bed and read, had a day time bubble bath:p, made some naan bread, watched a DVD and had an afternoon snooze. It was lovely :D. As it proved to be a lovely,sunny evening we did get out for a walk through the woods and along the river followed by a veggie curry from the freezer, a cs DVD and a couple of glasses of wine. All in all a perfect, mse nsd:p

Today had a nice, relaxed start followed by a run through the woods and a leisurely and very healthy breakfast :A The rest of the day was visiting my dad and getting ready for the week ahead.

So today's small steps to success have been;

A great night's sleep:)

Batch cooked chickpea and spinach curry, tomato and basil soup and made overnight oats.

Laundry folded and put away

Rescued a bag of carrots by cutting off the ends and drying off the good bits so they hopefully won't go slimey and soft

Recycling sorted out and bin emptied

Seeded loaf is in the bm

2 reports done, only three to go:j

5 eBay items have bids:)

Small grocery spend of £2.59 on frozen spinach and milk

Cleaned out the fridge - must tackle the freezer soon it's a shambles:eek:

Lo veggie curry for dinner

I'm going to read through some stuff for work and then I'm off for an early night:)wave

Happy Sunday to you :):)

PP xx
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    It's cold here too, autumn has arrived booooo
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • pinkypig
    Options
    Evening :wave:

Another chilly day here :( but other than that it's been a good one.
    Work came and went without incident and my marking is done although I've not done any reports:o

I have money news :j, a small tt and £23.47 from eBay sales to the os pot :p. I've also had a nsd:j

Other steps to success included;

Drank enough water

Had a rest day - big run tomorrow:eek:

Did 16 eBay listings to place at the weekend

Lunches ready for tomorrow

Cheap healthy eats (porridge for breakfast, lo for lunch and batch cooked chickpea and spinach curry for dinner)

Repacked the freezer so I can now find things and made bread crumbs with past their best ys bread rolls.

Off to bed to read for a bit before lights out at 10.30:p

Happy Monday to you :)

PP xx
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback