Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Special_Saver2
    Special_Saver2 Posts: 1,409 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi Folks,

I cannot see anything to change for this weekend's update.

I will do another update next weekend.

SS2
    For those new to this thread, the first few posts are constantly updated and are on the first page
  • fleemkt
    fleemkt Posts: 175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Can the Lloyds Club Montlhy Saver be setup to have 13 payments? My first payment was mid June and have set it up to be the first of each month with the last next year on 1st of June.

Also, will I also be able to open their normal monthly saver currently paying 2.50%?
  • kidmugsy
    kidmugsy Posts: 12,709 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    fleemkt wrote: »
    C Lloyds Club Monthly Saver ... will I also be able to open their normal monthly saver currently paying 2.50%?

Yes. A friend has.
    Free the dunston one next time too.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    fleemkt wrote: »
    Can the Lloyds Club Montlhy Saver be setup to have 13 payments? My first payment was mid June and have set it up to be the first of each month with the last next year on 1st of June.

Also, will I also be able to open their normal monthly saver currently paying 2.50%?

Yes to both questions :D
  • liamcov
    liamcov Posts: 618 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    eskbanker wrote: »
    That loophole you refer to was indeed closed, as per this thread from last October (and others): https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5727599

Will I be able to get the Nwide FlexDirect 5% for a new joint account (my sole account has recently gone over the 1 year mark)?
  • RG2015
    RG2015 Posts: 5,918 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    liamcov wrote: »
    Will I be able to get the Nwide FlexDirect 5% for a new joint account (my sole account has recently gone over the 1 year mark)?
    Yes. Last year, I had a sole account and a joint account at the same time both paying 5%.
  • glider3560
    glider3560 Posts: 4,115 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    lindez wrote: »
    Hi this is perhaps a stupid question to get the 5% on flex direct account at Nationwide do I need to keep the £2500 in all month to maximise the interest. Thank you
    The current account? This is the regular saver thread.

But yes, interest is calculated daily, so you only get interest for the days money was actually in the account. You weren't expecting to get interest for time when money wasn't in the account, were you? :p
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    A rather novel idea from The Nottingham (by letter) about the maturity of their Tigers RS. There is a follow on RS to which you can move your maturing funds but the interest rate is 1.5%, you can continue to add up to £250 per month (they don't specify a minimum), BUT you can't make a withdrawal until 30/11/2019.

The alternative is to close the account. By letter or a visit to the branch. I doubt if there will be a FP or cash alternative. They don't say.

With Bank of Scotland and Santander paying that rate of interest on bigger sums it's not unattractive.
  • aj23_2
    aj23_2 Posts: 1,155 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    A rather novel idea from The Nottingham (by letter) about the maturity of their Tigers RS. There is a follow on RS to which you can move your maturing funds but the interest rate is 1.5%, you can continue to add up to £250 per month (they don't specify a minimum), BUT you can't make a withdrawal until 30/11/2019.

The alternative is to close the account. By letter or a visit to the branch. I doubt if there will be a FP or cash alternative. They don't say.

With Bank of Scotland and Santander paying that rate of interest on bigger sums it's not unattractive.

Thought their issue 3 was 500 a month.

Yeah but you can deposit year after year with NBS regular saver, the max balance is 750k (not that you'd live that long lol) so it would compound year on year.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,101 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    aj23 wrote: »
    Thought their issue 3 was 500 a month.

Yeah but you can deposit year after year with NBS regular saver, the max balance is 750k (not that you'd live that long lol) so it would compound year on year.

This is the Tigers and £250 is specified in their letter :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure