Regular Saver Thread **New and Restarted**

Options

Comments

• Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sent application on the 23rd to Chorley, they phoned me on the 24th and passbook received today.

Noticed they changed the colour of their passbooks to Blue. Prefer red because it brings luck but blue is okay, as long as it's not white.
  • schiff
    schiff Posts: 20,100 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »

Noticed they changed the colour of their passbooks to Blue. Prefer red because it brings luck but blue is okay, as long as it's not white.

Red didn't bring much luck to Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the season just ended. Blue moon :)
  • Speculator
    Speculator Posts: 2,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    edited 5 June 2018 at 4:26PM
    Options
    schiff wrote: »
    Red didn't bring much luck to Man United, Liverpool and Arsenal in the season just ended. Blue moon :)

Hopefully, it will be closer next year. Klopp is assembling quite an impressive team, especially if they get Fekir and a decent goalkeeper.

Also, got my Monmouthsire Regular Bond passbook today, another blue passbook. I live nowhere near the postcodes required but I am an existing Saver Plus a/c holder. Only kept that opened for the monthly direct debit.
  • tg99
    tg99 Posts: 1,199 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Speculator wrote: »
    Hopefully, it will be closer next year. Klopp is assembling quite an impressive team, especially if they get Fekir and a decent goalkeeper.

Oblak would be an ideal ‘regular saver’.
  • karlie88
    karlie88 Posts: 9,114 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Not a regular saver as such but I know quite a few of us have the Halifax Help to Buy ISA as a form of regular savings account with no intention to use the 'Help to Buy' element. My OH has one and it had been earning 3.5% on a quite a nice balance but he got a letter today to say it's going down to 2.25% from 7th August.

I've started a thread about it here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74379463
    :grouphug: :D Official MSE canny forumite and HUKD VIP badge member :D :grouphug:
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    karlie88 wrote: »
    Not a regular saver as such but I know quite a few of us have the Halifax Help to Buy ISA as a form of regular savings account with no intention to use the 'Help to Buy' element. My OH has one and it had been earning 3.5% on a quite a nice balance but he got a letter today to say it's going down to 2.25% from 7th August.

I've started a thread about it here: https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?p=74379463
    Hi just a quick question, I thought a help to buy isa is for buying a home in the future, apologies if it appears to be a stupid question. Thank you
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • mije1983
    mije1983 Posts: 3,665 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    lindez wrote: »
    Hi just a quick question, I thought a help to buy isa is for buying a home in the future, apologies if it appears to be a stupid question. Thank you

It is designed for that, and the 25% bonus only gets paid out if you buy a property. But some people take advantage of the favourable interest rates with no intention of purchasing one. As long as they meet the current eligibility critera, there is nothing stopping them doing it.

As long as you meet these..
    • be 16 or over
    • have a valid National Insurance number
    • be a UK resident
    • be a first time buyer, and not own a property anywhere in the world
    • not have another active cash ISA in the same tax year
    ..you can open a HTB ISA.
  • lindez
    lindez Posts: 643 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mije1983 wrote: »
    It is designed for that, and the 25% bonus only gets paid out if you buy a property. But some people take advantage of the favourable interest rates with no intention of purchasing one. As long as they meet the current eligibility critera, there is nothing stopping them doing it.

As long as you meet these..

..you can open a HTB ISA.
    Thank you so much for answering my question help to buy isa its no good for me, I will look at a cash isa and see what rate i can get. Thank you again for answering my question it is much appreciated.
    MFWB#2
    MFTT5 #28
    Save 12k 2020 #111
  • adindas
    adindas Posts: 6,815 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2018 at 12:21PM
    Options
    Letter from Bucks today to say they changing their 'Regular Saver Local and Members' on July 1st to "Regular Saver Locals". Their summary sheet leaves several unanswered questions, as terms and conditions are not the same as the previous account. Access to the new account seems to be only by involuntary transfer from the existing account.

I understand that they are doing exactly the same with anyone holding the old Chiltern Gold Builder accounts.

So it would seem that they will no longer allow anyone to open the Regular Saver Locals (or Locals and Members) after 01 July, leaving only their simple regular saver (1.5%) still on sale - unless of course they are changing that too.

Ted

Simple regular saver is paying 2% (not 1.75%) Since 1st December 2017.

Extract from the document I got back in November 2017

"Your current interest rate is 1.75% gross pa/AER from 1st December 2017 this will change to 2.00% gross pa/AER"

Because they allow penalty free wihdrawal, it is good to keep it , if you need money to diverted from Clloyds and/or BOS.
  • veryintrigued
    veryintrigued Posts: 3,843 Forumite
    edited 9 June 2018 at 2:10PM
    Options
    adindas wrote: »
    Leeds RS4 I tried to browse my document and I found that the account will keep paying 2.3% (e.g 0.5% +1.8% bonus) indefenitely for the balance up to £6000. So my understanding is that as long as it is stil up to £6000 people will still get 2.3% . Is it correct or I have missed something here ? Thanks

Not sure why you've replied to a message about Leeds RS5 with RS4 information?

There are a number of RS5 separate threads on this Saving forum.

Like this:

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5852488&highlight=leeds
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure