PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• wheelz
    wheelz Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 24 December 2014 at 1:31PM
    Options
    tricksie wrote: »
    Still have them in Holland, think it is actually a Dutch company. DH likes their pants but since last Dutch relative has passed away we have no reason to go there anymore :(

http://www.c-and-a.com/nl/nl/shop/index.html :)

C&A is an international Dutch chain of fashion retail clothing stores, with its European head offices in Vilvoorde, Belgium, and Düsseldorf, Germany. It has retail stores in many European and Latin-American countries. Its brands include Angelo Litrico, Canda, Clockhouse, Here+There, Palomino, Rodeo (ski and snowboard clothes), Westbury, Yessica, Yessica Pure, and Your Sixth Sense.
    The company was founded by brothers Clemens and August Brenninkmeijer in 1841 as a Dutch textile company, taking its company name from their initials. They were from the German Brenninkmeyer family which traded in linen and textiles since the 17th century from its hometown of Mettingen, Germany.[1]
  • wheelz
    wheelz Posts: 334 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bought 40 christmas cards for £7.50 yesterday in the charity shop. :T :xmassmile :xmassmile :xmastree:
    Nice ones too.
  • southoftheriver
    Options
    I bought a designer wedding dress for my wedding next year! It's a bit tatty and needs some restructuring but it's amazing and fits well. Now I just need to source some fabric to recover it. I have a meeting with my old sewing teacher to see if she can help me build it up into my dream dress!
    Current debt: M&S £0(£2K) , Tesco £0 (£1.5K), Car loan 6K (paid off!) Barclaycard £1.5K (interest free for 18 months)
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Southoftheriver
    WOW!
    Do tell us what you paid for it. :)

Would love to see photos when it's done
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    2 things this week from bhf shop a mens matalan coat 5.99 and 20 xmas cards for next year half price 2.99
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    kboss2010 wrote: »
    I used to love C&A when I was younger, I still have one of their tops now and I wear it all of the time (it's 15 years old!)

It's called "coats & 'ats" on Merseyside ;)
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Today I popped into a CS on my way back home from the library and found the most amazing Denby Imperial Blue baking dish, rectangular with two compartments. As I have the same dishes I thought it would be perfect! Also two lovely deep oval pie dishes (not Denby). Total £12. I am really pleased!
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,688 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    Caterina wrote: »
    Today I popped into a CS on my way back home from the library and found the most amazing Denby Imperial Blue baking dish, rectangular with two compartments. As I have the same dishes I thought it would be perfect! Also two lovely deep oval pie dishes (not Denby). Total £12. I am really pleased!

The divided dishes retail at £48.50 (currently half price on Denby website) so a good bargain there.

Imperial Blue has been going for 25 years.
  • Caterina
    Caterina Posts: 5,919 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Pollycat wrote: »
    The divided dishes retail at £48.50 (currently half price on Denby website) so a good bargain there.

Imperial Blue has been going for 25 years.

I know, looked around and even the best fleabay bargain was around £18, so considering mine was £9 I am super chuffed! :j
    Finally I'm an OAP and can travel free (in London at least!).
  • silvasava
    silvasava Posts: 4,433 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I've got a set of Imperial Blue that I bought when it first came out & still looking good & going strong. Posted here a while ago that I got a haul of it from my local Sally Army shop for a fiver !!! I was out of that shop so fast you'd have thought the hounds of hell were after me :)
    We take our caravan to France sometimes & I always make time on the way back to stop in Cite Europe to have a look in C&A - they have great designs, good quality & still cheap prices.
    Happy Hunting to you all in the new year
    Small victories - sometimes they are all you can hope for but sometimes they are all you need - be kinder than necessary, for everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure