PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is your charity shop bargain of the week?

Options

Comments

• Owain_Moneysaver
    Options
    maman wrote: »
    She just growled at me that she didn't put things out 'them out the back' do that.

Trades union restrictive practices in the 1970s have nothing on demarcation disputes in the back room of charity shops.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,163 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Very good haul in Ludlow's charity shops yesterday!

National Trust T shirt for smaller son (still had £10 price tag on) £2

Hard Rock caf! T shirt for bigger son £3

FatFace oatmeal knitted cotton jumper for me £4

Next black jumper with crocheted daisies along the top £4

All from Oxfam.

Last shop I went in was Sue Ryder and there was a coat I thought might be suitable for bigger son, at £7.

Got it home and it's a Tog24 skiing jacket, over £100 new. It's been through the washing machine and bigger son loves it! It has all sorts of pockets and other gadgets and he showed it to our uncle today who had bought himself a charity shop coat too for £8!!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    From our local hospice shop:

Mantaray blouse/top in teal/navy £3.00 (I love Mantaray colours & fabrics)
    Per Una Jersey tunic - great with leggings £3.00
    Buffalo London short lace-up boots with 1.5" heel - great with leggings £5.00
    Lara Ashley long-sleeved dress in pink & purple swirls, quite long, fabulous quality jersey £5.00 (and I have some purple suede court shoes that go perfectly)

Did I need boots?
    Am I short of tunics & tops?
    Can I fit another dress in my wardrobe?

Answers to all the above - a resounding 'No' - but I bought them anyway. :p
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Not bought much in charity shops recently as I've been losing weight and have a lot more to go so want to wait before buying replacement/new to me clothes.

However on friday I bought some reduced Christmas cards and a picture which will finish off my lounge perfectly.
    It is a framed print of 'The Croquet Match' by Sir John Lavery and is in perfect condition without even a scratch on the brown wooden frame.
    I looked it up on the net when I got home and the print alone is selling for £39.99 and if framed the same as mine it is £124.99 which is with the sale discount of 25%.
    I paid £8.50! I can't wait to put it up later this morning.
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,713 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    edited 11 January 2015 at 10:40AM
    Options
    I forgot about this until I emptied my laundry basket to do some washing:

A Craghoppers long-sleeved shirt with nosi-guard (permanent insect repellent impregnated into the fabric apparently).

It's in a fab raspberry/puce colour, looks hardly if-at-all worn & was reduced from £4.00 to £1.00 in a local charity shop.

Retails at £55.00

ETA:
    just Googled your print, TudorRose.
    I bet it looks fab in the right setting.
    Lovely colour to the grass and the sea.
  • TudorRose
    Options
    Thanks Pollycat. It will look right in my living room as I have a genuine Art Noveau mirror (family heirloom) on the wall opposite where I am going to place it so I will see the picture reflected in it every time I look in the mirror and the frame matches in with my furniture.
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Got a fabulous coat from BHF today. (No of course I didn't need it, just wanted it :o).

It's gunmetal grey and falls almost to my ankles - and I am tall - beautifully lined and with a matching collar and cuff furry trim, and cost £8. The labels is "Essentials". Has anyone heard of it? Not that it matters, I love it so much I am sitting indoors in it as it is so lively and warm I don't want to take it off.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • sarah182xxx
    sarah182xxx Posts: 1,228 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary I won, I won, I won!
    Options
    sounds such a warm and cosy coat Vfmeplse ! I think essentials is primark (she says checking her t shirt). love reading everyones bargains ! xx
    :j First prizes back into comping after a break - romantic break to 2 to Venice/ Paris or Rome with romantic trip and a 42 inch TV and blu Ray amazing !

Thank you all so much and good luck guys and girls xxxxxx
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    sounds such a warm and cosy coat Vfmeplse ! I think essentials is primark (she says checking her t shirt). love reading everyones bargains ! xx
    No way, it's much too good quality to be Primani, :eek:
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • iammumtoone
    iammumtoone Posts: 6,377 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    yesterday I brought a Toyota sewing machine for £30 and a next jumper and trousers for work for £1 each (they had a pound sale rail :))

Today I got a large bag of playmobil for £6 including a pirate ship and police boat.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure