PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Dizzy_Imp
    Dizzy_Imp Posts: 2,755 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone! Freeeezing cold today, so I'm glad I tucked all my feathered and furry friends away last night. I'll be spending a while defrosting water and making warm porridge for them all this morning, I think.

Haha! The goat inspector! Actually she was doing a Trading Standards inspection for food hygiene and welfare. I've now been exempted from food legislation as my goats are pets and not for the meat industry, which is one less box to fill in later next year. She said all my animals looked healthy and loved and that I had a soft heart. I'll take that.

Finished painting the ceiling in the back hallway, so just patch repairs and oiling of the timbers to do and then....THAT ROOM IS FINISHED...

Got my day boarder again today and another meet up with a potential customer and hound. Best get started!

See you all later x
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm up

But done nothing yet.

Got a hosue guest for 8 weeks, so going to make the bed / clean round / clean shower in that room.
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Up and done the horses early. Not done much else so far however did wipe over the front of the Tudor paneling on the front of the house when I got home. I don't use the front door too much but did today and noticed how many cobwebs and dirt there was so grabbed a cloth and gave it a quick wipe. In true Flylady fashion it's not perfect but better than it was. I might put it on my list to do regularly so it becomes a S&S.

I have done bits over the last week but need to knuckle down and do some of the jobs I hate (windows are my nemesis and I have 23 I think).
  • Mademoiselle
    Options
    Lunchtime now, not had too bad a morning, appointment booked for this afternoon for my hair. Order signed for new boiler in rental house. Talked to plumber about new bathroom, and arranged for him and tiler to come back and quote. Flowers ordered for sis in law's birthday. Made good progress with banking and expenditure tracking. Arranged to go to theatre tonight with friends.

Off to put my soup on
  • kazwookie
    kazwookie Posts: 13,842 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Bed made
    Shower cleaned
    Items for shower room replaced
    Toilet cleaned
    Food shop done
    2 new keys cut
    Prescription picked up, as they had 'lost' it on Wednesday.
    Washing now drying
    Breast Cancer Now 2022 100 miles October 100 / 100miles
    Sun, Sea

2024 7/28 lbs to go.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all x

Cushion covers off and now in the machine. Dishes washed and bunkers wiped. DDs clothes picked up off bathroom floor.

Off for a HHC if anyone wants to keep me company?
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Hi all x

Cushion covers off and now in the machine. Dishes washed and bunkers wiped. DDs clothes picked up off bathroom floor.

Off for a HHC if anyone wants to keep me company?
    Starting now, need this motivation to do something.
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    In my HHC I have
    Emptied WM and reloaded
    Winterdyke
    Made my bed
    Sorted what I'm wearing to work tonight
    Tidied up DDs room floor
    Grabbed DDs washing basket and sorted into loads
    Jumped into the shower and decluttered myself of dirt and hair
    Told DD to get out of her school stuff so I can get the next loads in

Need to dry hair and put some polyfilla on face

How did you get on shirlgirl?
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    In my HHC I have
    Emptied WM and reloaded
    Winterdyke
    Made my bed
    Sorted what I'm wearing to work tonight
    Tidied up DDs room floor
    Grabbed DDs washing basket and sorted into loads
    Jumped into the shower and decluttered myself of dirt and hair
    Told DD to get out of her school stuff so I can get the next loads in

Need to dry hair and put some polyfilla on face

How did you get on shirlgirl?
    Not as good as you but I

emptied DW
    vacuum cleaned the stairs
    collected up dog toys etc and set robot off to clean family room floor
    wiped over the doors and skirtings in the hall
    answered numerous messages from DD1 and then collected up her sports clothes as requested

I think that was it but then I dashed out of the door to meet DD1, collect DD2 and then see to the horses. My memory is shocking; you can call me goldfish. :rotfl:
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    pigpen wrote: »
    My head is fried.

Dot came out of school mid meltdown again.. yesterday they moved her to another table because she claimed she couldn't see the board. Today she was struggling with some new geography words.. Monday it was because they hadn't read her book.. Tuesday she came out bouncing off the walls..

Boog's laptop died... He had to be physically restrained from bashing his head on the chest of drawers...

I cannot do this.. I have to decide now whether I continue with thte plan to get the fire place fixed in the back room which has been a gaping filthy sooty hole for nearly 5 years.. (I thought it was 6 but it is actually 5) or get Boog a new laptop for his (and MY sanity) ... I have bought the flooring the the back room, I've had the carpet 2 years... I need this filthy hole fixed... I cannot afford both and I have no idea what to do.

The house benefits everybody, Piggers. Especially you, considering you've already got however many hundreds spent on it but not seen the benefit of.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family