PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th January 2019

Options

Comments

• roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,099 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    roundtuit wrote: »
    So I'm going to:
    unload WM, drape wet washing on airer and set second load swishing
    DUPA pots
    wash jars and put in recycling box

All done.
    Second load is now on airer and third load has just stopped swishing. I've also recycled an empty biscuit box and an empty drinks box.

DS has just informed that he'll be having tea out with friends, so there's just me to feed whenever I'm ready :D

I'm going to unload the washing on to the airer - no room for any more today. Then recycle two empty boxes that I can see from where I'm sat. Then I think I feel another WUDUPA coming on - got to strike while the iron is hot = so to speak.

So that'll be another HHC coming up. Anyone want to join me?

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,944 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I'll join you RT but it'll be harvesting leeks and making soup. Since my last post, I didn't even get to wipe the appliances in the kitchen.

Today I have just about done dailies and two short dog walks. Also worked out how to use my new sewing machine and taken laundry off airer but can't get it away because DH is ill in bed. Will need to change bedding later as he's sweating like a pig.

Right, lets get harvesting and doing.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • Valli
    Valli Posts: 24,844 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Last night I CBA to cook...so today I have taken my own advice and cooked two fish pies, one to freeze. Had to go to Mr Al. which I knew would be busy. We've had snow but it's thawed now but I bought 2 bars of emergency chocolate for my car and one for DD as she has a long drive.
    While the oven was on for the fish pie which was lunch for the Vallikids I cooked myself a selection of roast veg (for work lunches) and a jacket spud (for my lunch).
    WM x 1
    TD x 1
    DW currently running.
    Don't put it DOWN; put it AWAY
    "I would like more sisters, that the taking out of one, might not leave such stillness" Emily Dickinson
    :heart:Janice 1964-2016:heart:

Thank you Honey Bear
  • Jazee
    Options
    Soup is currently bubbling away. Quite a bit will be frozen if DH doesn't perk up today. Utensils washed up and left to drain.

I think I will do some crafting next, just 15 mins to keep me happy.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,099 Forumite
    Options
    Jazee wrote: »
    I'll join you RT but it'll be harvesting leeks and making soup. Since my last post, I didn't even get to wipe the appliances in the kitchen.

Today I have just about done dailies and two short dog walks. Also worked out how to use my new sewing machine and taken laundry off airer but can't get it away because DH is ill in bed. Will need to change bedding later as he's sweating like a pig.

Right, lets get harvesting and doing.

Thank you Jazee xx Good to have your company :D

In my HHC I:

set the timer
    put the bowl of pots to soak
    unloaded WM on to airer
    turned clothes drying on radiators
    recycled empty selection box and two shoe boxes
    found £25 restaurant gift card - put with DS's keys
    binned envelope / recycled Christmas card
    WUDUPA bowl of pots
    refilled bowl and left glass bottles to soak before recycling

and I had 5 minutes left so I shredded until the beep :D

I've just taken another pile of clean clothes up and closed my bedroom curtains while I was up there.

During both HHCs I've played music - first time I've done that for so long I don't know when it was. Hits from the 60s :D

I have snowdrops out in the garden - oh yeah I put out the kitchen bin bag. :D I knew there was something else lol.

I'll rinse and recycle the bottles then that's me done for the day.
    Thank you - I would probably have done nothing without flylady!

Get well soon Mr Jazee xx

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • Jazee
    Options
    I have done some crafting while catching up with telly, put the recycling out and blended the soup. Back to crafting and telly for a little while now.
  • pigpen
    pigpen Posts: 41,062 Forumite
    Options
    Car filled with charity deposits!! I have about 200 more boxes to sort through.. yi-flipping-pee!
    One binbag for DD1, one binbag for her bil and one bag for Jacobs mummy. I filled a wheelie bin with rubbish.. I need to wash the carpets once I’ve finished faffing about. My house is so full of gubbins.. I found 3 bags of wool whilst shifting gubbins about.. now I have more to knit before I am allowed to buy more.. I have soooooo much to be knitting through.. just doing Spam a red Aran cable jumper .. it was going to be a tank but I did the wrong armholes so this can be a sweater and I will do him a tank in another colour.. he likes red best but I might have some more somewhere.. if not I have some cream Aran I could use instead.

Today’s fun..
    2x dw
    2x wm
    3 hours flinging in the middle room so I can start emptying the back room tomorrow.
    Another mountain moved to the shed... including a chair which needs fixing.

I ordered ds3 a used laptop hard-drive.. £19 .. figures that would be sufficient.. need to sort a windows disc next. Hopefully that will stave off more meltdowns!
    LB moment 10/06 Debt Free date 6/6/14
    Hope to be debt free until the day I die
    Mortgage-free Wannabee (05/08/30)
    6/6/14 £72,454.65 (5.65% int.)
    08/12/2023 £33602.00 (4.81% int.)
  • Honey_Bear
    Honey_Bear Posts: 7,094 Forumite
    Options
    *Healing vibes* for you, Kazwookie, and peaceful night for you, Ionafan.

I am wearing my newly made jersey top, very chuffed with myself. I'll definitely make myself some more of them but I'm very glad I signed up for the course because the tutor was excellent. I'm learning how make fitted trousers in March/April on a two-day course, and if it's anywhere near as good as today's I'll be a very, very happy lady. I've re-hemmed it since I got home and it's very comfortable, too. result!

Now to shove a pizza in the oven so that we've got something to eat while we watch something tonight. Lovely.
    Better is good enough.
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    Opted for doing nowt of any consequence in the end.

Himself made a sort of mince and mixed bean thing with a handful of lentils, handful of oats, cauliflower and courgette strips which was surprisingly nice (ad used up some of the random bits lurking in the fridge.

I've been caught out by a sinus headache, so sent him off to the chemist with a checklist of things to say to the Pharmacist when they treat him like a potential drugs baron - apparently they decided to stop giving him the third degree about why it had to be the OTC version, not the overpriced version with caffeine and paracetamol (because it's four times the price of the former + 2 paracetamol from a 29p packet in the cupboard) and not the freely available one that doesn't work just before he repeated 'and it feels like she's been smacked across the face with a baseball bat'.

Just waiting for them to take effect and I'm going to put a fresh fitted sheet on and veg out upstairs.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,460 Forumite
    edited 20 January 2019 at 8:04AM
    Options
    Yesterday I managed WMx2 - all TD'd, de-creased and hung on the airer; my desk is a bit tidier; and I have worked on what I have to do next week and dealt with another phonecall from the family (all sorted now with minimum fuss). I also took Rosie for her walk, but to save my energy we went in the car as far as the covert and then onto the fields, where she decided she didn't want to run with any of the (very few) dogs that were out at that time and sticking close to me; consequently by 9 pm she wanted some real exercise - sadly "No" at that time, when it's cold and damp and will set me off coughing). Today I shall revert to taking her to the big woods, as she runs around a lot more in there.

Today's plan is
    - finish tidying desk before D surfaces (gives me an hour)
    - make a shopping list
    - throw soup ingredients into SC
    - quick S&S of kitchen and bathroom after breakfast
    - church this morning (must remember to take the milk) but I'm not on duty, apart from serving coffee afterwards if the regular coffee lady is still absent
    - call in to Mr A1 on the way home - the fridges are almost bare and the freezer stocks are getting low, but on the plus side my bank account is now looking much healthier than it did a fortnight ago :money:
    - soup for lunch
    - Rosie's walk
    - relax with a :coffee: (still not 100% fit)
    - last few papers to sort for the coming week: busy most days!
    - cook a pretend roast dinner (actually chops)
    - enjoy the Midwives

I shall be delighted if I can achieve all that without feeling totally exhausted again. Yes, I will take care and sit down if I have to!

Any chance of a photo of your jersey top, HB? The design sounds very comfortable - are you adding some to your sales table?

Will get myself another cuppa, then attack my list! Hope everyone has a good day xx

ETA: an advert has just come up on my FB feed for washable drawstring see-through bags for loose F&V shopping. Looks like what I imagine Valli made for school last week, but bigger. Might be another idea for Flylady craft stalls?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure