PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Weekly Flylady Thread 14th January 2019

Options

Comments

• Jazee
    Jazee Posts: 8,972 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Lunch scoffed, birds fed and I've quickly hoovered/swept/mopped through.
    Another cuppa then another dog walk.
    Spend less now, work less later.
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    Afternoon all:

So far today:
    2 loads of washing done & hung up
    Pickle's rain coat washed (and forgotten about, starting typing my post reminded me, so I'll hang it up when I'm done here.)
    3 lots of 'dropping stuff off at other people's houses'
    Church and associated responsibilities done.
    Meal planning done
    Shopping list written (will go in the morning)
    Pickle watching the Christmas
    Recordings - he's still loving the snowman, snow dog, bear hunt & zog.
    Kitchen cleaned & dailies done.

Need to keep pottering. Could
    Do with a good blitz in the first floor and in the loft but as hubby is away and I have sole charge of Pickle it won't happen.

Happy flying everyone.

Wish.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
  • ionafan
    ionafan Posts: 4,481 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Update:
    ionafan wrote: »
    [STRIKE]- finish tidying desk before D surfaces (gives me an hour)
    - make a shopping list
    - throw soup ingredients into SC
    - quick S&S of kitchen and bathroom after breakfast
    - church this morning (must remember to take the milk) but I'm not on duty, apart from serving coffee afterwards if the regular coffee lady is still absent
    - call in to Mr A1 on the way home - the fridges are almost bare and the freezer stocks are getting low, but on the plus side my bank account is now looking much healthier than it did a fortnight ago :money:
    - soup for lunch[/STRIKE]
    and also
    [STRIKE]- all shopping put away[/STRIKE]

I should be able to manage
    - Rosie's walk, then...
    - relax with a :coffee: (still not 100% fit)
    - last few papers to sort for the coming week: busy most days!
    - cook a pretend roast dinner (actually chops)
    - enjoy the Midwives

And I'm still feeling OK :D

Well done Round - you certainly have MAD :T:T:T
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    It was a waste of time hanging out the towels and tea towels. No drier at all when I brought them in - but, heyho, I enjoyed the fresh air.

I've had coffee with DS's Dad, lunch with my Dad and DS, and I'm now home alone with Sweetie as DS has gone over to pigpen-land to see GF and will stay overnight.

I've done a laundry shuffle and put the tea towels on the radiator in the hall. The last two bottles are now in the recycling box :T

I've had a no spend weekend too - eating what's in the fridge or freezer :money:

Rxx

ETA Thank you ionafan xx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • YORKSHIRELASS
    Options
    Hi all

Have done a plan for the week, including meals, then DS1 has landed home unexpectedly from his GFs so will need feeding. DS2 has gone off to book his holiday with unsuitable friends, I have no idea how this holiday is going to be paid for. My parents just turned up with a list of admin jobs they needed help with (they are very grateful, but still).

All of this has left me feeling slightly irritated. DH has taken himself off to play on the XBox.

HM soup for tea, my finances are looking nowhere near as desperate as they might have been thanks to me being very strict about spending. Just need to not fall of the wagon money wise.

Might just lose myself in my book for a bit.
  • roundtuit
    roundtuit Posts: 4,146 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I'm going to WUDUPA another bowl of pots whilst my tea is cooking - the smaller the pile of pots the more motivated I am to keep working at it :)

A little tiny job after tea - unpack two lots of socks received as Christmas presents … then they can go upstairs.

Then we'll see.

Hugs

Rxx
    IT ONLY TAKES SMALL DAILY ACTIONS
    FOR MAGIC TO HAPPEN
    Rosemary Ikpeme
    :D
  • funfairprincess
    Options
    Hi all x

Was too tired by the time I got home last night to make up my bed so I slept on the couch :o I've now made up my bed, threw 2x loads in the WM, put the cushion covers back on and put them back in the LR along with a clean throw. DD is home and dropped the bomb she needs 2 pairs of jazz shoes and a new pair of pointes :eek: That's Saturday mornings job then!
    DDs pal is over so I'm about to feed us all, I mean seriously I'm having to pause Harry Potter :rotfl:
    I'm not a muggle...I'm just magically challenged
  • Jojo_the_Tightfisted
    Options
    2 x washloads in and out.
    Himself put away his clothes and vacuumed upstairs.
    I emptied out a drawer and got rid of tatty scarves and single gloves, giving enough space for various beauty electricals to go out of sight [strike]because they'll never get used more than once in a blue moon[/strike].
    Quilt cover changed with his assistance (and the Idiot Cat's).
    Windowcleaner visited (???) and paid.
    Various empty bottles from the bathroom chucked into recycling.
    I could dream to wide extremes, I could do or die: I could yawn and be withdrawn and watch the world go by.
    colinw wrote: »
    Yup you are officially Rock n Roll :D
  • atypicalblonde
    Options
    Two big dog walks done, kids taken out for a run around for a couple of hours, just running their bath now.

1 x WM done, DW to go on again, soup made, hoovered round, sent some emails. New bedroom windows booked :j our windows are dreadful, doing them now before we change our minds.

Love to all, see you on the new thread xx
    MFW :)
    [STRIKE]Mortgage 8.2.15 - [/STRIKE][STRIKE]£171,064.64[/STRIKE] Mortgage 1.5.2018 - £99,980.45
    Aiming to be MF 1.10.2020
  • wishingthemortgaheaway
    Options
    This evening I need to:
    Tidy up from tea properly.
    Put Pickle's bedroom back together
    Empty suitcase from being away (washing has been done, but it's the rest of the 'essentials')
    Toys away from the living room
    Reset dining room
    Drink Prosecco before it turns to vinegar in the fridge.
    Outstanding mortgage: £23,181 (December 19)
    MFW 2020 Challenge Member #10 0/£2318
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family