PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ooh, pineapple salsa! Can you post the recipe if its any good please:D
    I will do once I have made and tried it. The only thing is the recipe states lime juice so I have a dilema- do I use my bottled lime juice or fresh lemon juice instead ? (I have 4 fresh lemons waiting to be used but no fresh limes and bottles of lime or lemon juice- the Jif stuff not diluting lol) :rolleyes: .
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Frugaldom
    Frugaldom Posts: 6,939 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Coming on to confess my sinful ways - after being extra frugal and cooking from store cupboard & homegrown, I ventured into the shop today and spent £6.60! Sugar Puffs were on BOGOF, so I HAD to have them but, much worse than that, I spent 67p on breadcrumbs and 69p on a wholemeal loaf! :eek: In my (not very convincing) defence, I had run out of bread and breadcrumbs, have had very little time to bake any and I want to see if the hm veggie cutlets taste any different with the posh orange crumbs on them! :rotfl:

PS: OK, I also saw the mention of pineapple and it made me think of Chicken Maryland... I have chicken, I have pineapple, I have salad stuff, I have potatoes, I have orange breadcrumbs. YUM! :)
    I reserve the right not to spend.
    The less I spend, the more I can afford.

Frugal living challenge - living on £4000 in 2024
  • OrkneyStar
    OrkneyStar Posts: 7,025 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »
    Coming on to confess my sinful ways - after being extra frugal and cooking from store cupboard & homegrown, I ventured into the shop today and spent £6.60! Sugar Puffs were on BOGOF, so I HAD to have them but, much worse than that, I spent 67p on breadcrumbs and 69p on a wholemeal loaf! :eek: In my (not very convincing) defence, I had run out of bread and breadcrumbs, have had very little time to bake any and I want to see if the hm veggie cutlets taste any different with the posh orange crumbs on them! :rotfl:

PS: OK, I also saw the mention of pineapple and it made me think of Chicken Maryland... I have chicken, I have pineapple, I have salad stuff, I have potatoes, I have orange breadcrumbs. YUM! :)
    Recipe please :D
    x
    Ermutigung wirkt immer besser als Verurteilung.
    Encouragement always works better than judgement.

• Kaz2904
    Kaz2904 Posts: 5,797 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Ooh, angelnikki, is it your eyeballs that are numb or the skin around it? I'd never even considered that your eyes can go numb but of course they can- D'oh!
    Been out in the garden and counted up 19 visible courgettes. 2 are about 2 inches long and the rest are buds. Lots of male flowers too although not a problem if I can get to them in time as you can batter and fry them a la Jamie oliver!
    Debt: 16/04/2007:TOTAL DEBT [strike]£92727.75[/strike] £49395.47:eek: :eek: :eek: £43332.28 repaid 100.77% of £43000 target.
    MFiT T2: Debt [STRIKE]£52856.59[/STRIKE] £6316.14 £46540.45 repaid 101.17% of £46000 target.
    2013 Target: completely clear my [STRIKE]£6316.14[/STRIKE] £0 mortgage debt. £6316.14 100% repaid.
  • dink1
    dink1 Posts: 197 Forumite
    Options
    Hi Guys,

Sorry not had chance to catch up on posts, will do so shortly, hope you are all having a great day, 3rd nsd so on track so far.....

dink1
    JanGC £250/£82 far:weight loss 1lb cc250/£86/cm40/£9.50 :A
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Kaz2904 wrote: »
    Ooh, angelnikki, is it your eyeballs that are numb or the skin around it?

I've had that before, very weird sensation. The whole side of my face was numb, numb nose was a horrible feeling:o
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • MissPin
    MissPin Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    nykmedia wrote: »

Ohhh recipe please!

Hope everyone is having a good day! Sun is out here! Can't believe it!:D

Oh and Hope you're feeling alright angelnikki!
    GC July £110/£97.21 already spent:rolleyes:

GC August £100/£87.98 already spent:eek:
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi all,
    Really depressed now as I thought I was doing OK this week which would have really helped with the month but forgot a few spends, then we had KFC last night as late home (I know, no excuse as we had meals in freezer)

But I'm blaming hubby coz he said "and if you REALLY want to bring me back a chicken sandwich, I won't mind" which put it in my head when I popped out to get some milk (have had so much in freezer, completly forgot!) and had to drive past KFC, and the aroma was so strong and smelled so nice, plus I had the thought in my head after what hubby said, and, well, you know the rest.... :mad: and I've got to blame someone, coz it wasn't me, honest! :o

So now only have £32.64 and nothing in the cupboards to last me till next Friday - ?????? Me thinks some careful planning is due....:rolleyes:
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • Diane_239
    Diane_239 Posts: 266 Forumite
    Options
    HI,
    Everyone just caught up on all the post Nsd today,
    thanks for the recipe ideas for using up porage oats,
    Orkneystar could you post the recipe for flap jacks please?
    July 2008 Grocery Challenge.[£200/£200]
    Aug Grocery Challenge £200
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options
    Diane_239 wrote: »
    Orkneystar could you post the recipe for flap jacks please?

she already posted it a couple of posts down from your request: Flapjacks

there are links to all of the recipes on post no6 on the first page of this thread ;)

I am feeling a bit better now thanks everyone :A . It was my eyes that were numb Kaz It's because he gave me extra injections cos I was worried that they wouldnt work as my ME means that painkillers usually dont work. The numbness has all gone now but it's been replaced with pain. Looks like he ripped my gum a bit getting it out and I've got a fat lip too :( I've had some chicken soup though so my tummy has stopped growling at me now :)

Edit: Just updated sig - tonight's MrT delivery came to £75.39

Nikki
    x
    :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business