PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

July 2008 Grocery Challenge

Options

Comments

• Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    SuziQ wrote: »
    Morning everyone. I am going into hospital on Thursday for some tests and have been warned I may need a blood transfusion ie overnight stay afterwards,so am panicking today as I have realised I need to make sure I have easy stuff in for my daughter to do-I'll be indoors the next 2 days doing the bowel prep (eugh!) so need to do it today-I had intended going back to bed as I was up most f the nigt with a horrible summer cold/chest infection thing. Hope everyone else has a good day.

Hi SuziQ, I hope everything goes well for you - Thursday will be here and gone before you know it and here's hoping you don't need a transfusion or anything. Chin up girl,:grouphug:
    Den x
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • jediteacher
    jediteacher Posts: 1,143 Forumite
    Options
    Well, actually managed to get this weeks shopping from Mr T for £20. :j
    I did actually spend £36.43 but with money off coupons (legitimately) I got the price down to £20.12. I know it's 12p over but I'm very happy as have never been able to get shopping this low. Even including yesterdays fresh fruit, veg and other bits it's still under £35 :T which is a huge improvement considering I use to spend £80 - £90 a week. :eek:
    'Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.' :cool:
    Proud Mummy to two gorgeous miracles.:j
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    My Gill Holcombe book just arrived:D Look forward to reading it and trying out some of the recipes.
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • mouche
    mouche Posts: 902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Just found this website - don't know if it's genuine but it claims to let you read the whole of Gill Holcombe's book online. Haven't had time to explore but thought I'd post the link in case someone would like to.

http://www.ahealthybalanceddiet.info/
    Mortgage (original/ current):193,000 (23/09/11)/ £102,500 (07/11/2019)
    2019 Challenges: Make £300 a month: £9.71/£300 (January)
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Just had a look at that link posted, it seems to give you all the ingredients etc but then where it says method it is blank? Not sure if i'm doing something wrong?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • the_cat
    the_cat Posts: 2,176 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    WOW!!! That site looks fab - thanks Mouche:D

Weekly update time again and not doing too badly. Meal plan has had to be jigged a bit this week as DS2 has a mouthful of wobbly teeth and can only eat soft stuff - hopefully he will get brave and pull out the one hanging by a thread soon!

Had to get some more potatoes (mash for us AGAIN tonight!!!:eek: ) and will have just about £20 left for the rest of the month. Should be OK as we are away for 1 week of it:j
  • tattycath
    tattycath Posts: 7,175 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I actually managed a nsd yesterday and as long as I have enough petrol to get home today, I shall have another nsd today!!!
    GE 36 *MFD may 2043
    MFIT-T5 #60 £136,850.30
    Mortgage overpayments 2019 - £285.96
    2020 Jan-£40-feb-£18.28.march-£25
    Christmas savings card 2020 £20/£100
    Emergency savings £100/£500
    12/3/17 175lb - 06/11/2019 152lb
  • Flylady_Flower
    Flylady_Flower Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just had a look at that link posted, it seems to give you all the ingredients etc but then where it says method it is blank? Not sure if i'm doing something wrong?

I checked too and there is no methods on any of the recipes, but the meal plans are all there and the ideas, so still good, well done Mouche. at least everyone can check it out before buying it.
    LBM April 2013 - £29,000.00
    Vanquis CC's PAID - Debenhams SC PAID - A+L OD PAID - Asda CC £783.75
    Barclaycard CC £1400.78 - BoS CC PAID - Freemans Cat PAID
    F/D Loan & CC £1458.96 - Santander Loan PAID - Mum Loan PAID
    RBS OD PAID - F/D OD £1026.52
    Weekly Grocery Challenge - £95.00 budget / spend £-
  • *BigBird*
    *BigBird* Posts: 1,000 Forumite
    Options
    I checked too and there is no methods on any of the recipes, but the meal plans are all there and the ideas, so still good, well done Mouche. at least everyone can check it out before buying it.

Hmmm, I can see the methods. Maybe it's just certain pages where they are missing (I only really looked at the cakes :D )

(EDIT: Yup, just looked at the proper meal recipes and they are missing the methods.)

Loved the tip to keep gingerbread men in a sealed tin so they don't jump out and run away :rotfl:
    You can do anything, make anything, dream anything. If you change the world, the world will change.
  • angelnikki
    angelnikki Posts: 892 Forumite
    Options

The methods are visable to me :confused: - Oh... they're not on Make Dinner, Not Excuses though. I have the book if anyone wants any of the missing methods. let me know which ones.

Well I just had my tooth out! OMG he couldnt get it out and was yanking on it so much I thought he would take my jaw with it!! And then it snapped! :eek: but eventually he wiggled it out. Now the whole of my face and tongue are numb and my eyes are a bit numb too. OH booked the appointment at lunch time so I've only had brekkie today and now my belly is rumbling. :(

Soup for tea tonight. I've ordered a big butternut squash and some carrots & sweet potatoes on my MrT delivery so I can make a nice batch of yummy soup for when I can feel my tongue enough to eat. I will update my siggy later when my delivery comes.

Take care everyone :)

Nikki
    x
    :A
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business