Options
167891012»

Comments

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,648 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Daven1960 wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone can help me resolve a complaint with Very. Basically I ordered a 2 seater sofa, a corner sofa and a footstool at the beginning of May, after 6 extra deliveries and returns of faulty items it has finally all been returned and my account cleared. My husband has taken 6 days annual leave for the deliveries etc as I am unable to do this due to ill health, I have spent hours on the phone trying to sort this out and hours sending secure web messages and web chats regarding this. They have offered me £50 compensation for inconvenience and refuse to consider a token payment for my husbands losses of annual leave. Today they have offered me £50, 20% off my next order and free delivery. Obviously this is unacceptable as I don't want to order furniture from them again. Please can somebody suggest what I should do now, Very say they can't escalate the matter but I can write to their customer excellence team. Many thanks for any help offered.
    Have you read MSE's Failed Delivery article?
  • Daven1960
    Options
    Thanks for that I'll try and adjust the template to suit my a complaint of repeated deliveries and collections:)
  • Misc2050
    Options
    Before I explain my issues with Very, I wanted to warn others NOT to trust this retailer under any circumstances - every commitment they make is false and their customer service is extremely poor!

I attempted to order a TV online, to get the 10% off first purchase promotion. The website took a ton of details, opened a credit account (a requirement of the offer) and after all that told me the item was out of stock! I rang Very to find out what had happened and they told me that it’s ok they could place the order over the phone. I confirmed that the offer I saw online was still applicable with the advisor and placed the order. I received an Order confirmation and a delivery date email - all good so far. The evening before my delivery, I got a call from their logistics provider to tell me that the delivery couldn’t take place because they hadnm’t recieved the TV. I rang Very and after being cut-off twice and holding for 15mins, the advisor came back on the line and calmly (as though it’s normal) told me “your item is out of stock” and that she could offer me an alrternative. I was pretty annoyed as I really wanted THIS particular TV, but I asked anyway, what alternatives she could offer. Sufficed to say, these were all inferior, pretty awful options. When I asked how long I would have to wait until the TV I wanted would be delivered, she told me she didn’t know and that I should “JUST WAIT PATIENTLY”. That was the point I realised that Very was a pretty shady outfit! I mean, what kind of reputable retailer would say that to a customer?! A manager was supposed to call me back the next day, but before that, I decided to call them to query whether the “10% off” offer had even been applied and (you guessed it!) - NO! In short, DON’T TRUST VERY TO DO ANYTHING CORRECTLY (i.e. charge the correct price, deliver when they say, or even speak to you with any service mentality).
  • Kay101
    Options
    Ordered fridge freezer end of Sep, delivered with cracks and faulty, over freezing despite correct temp. Ordered replacement of the same product, over freezing again! Engineer confirmed the appliance is a write off! 17 days later I am still no closer to resolving the issue and in the mean time still left with a faulty fridge which has caused a huge inconvenience. My food has been ruined and I am unable to go food shopping since I have a faulty fridge! Bearing in mind each time they are collecting the faulty fridge I have to defrost/use up/waste all of my food! I have been passed around to numerous people and they take over a week to answer one email! i do not wish to call them as I want everything in writing since they cant be trusted! When I have called in the past I was told to go online and fill out a form! I will never order from them again!
  • Liah1976
    Options
    Chris, do you still work for very ? I need to speak to someone thanks
  • Liah1976
    Options
    No emails are unsent has anyone got recent contact detail thanks
  • pmduk
    pmduk Posts: 10,655 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Read post #110 to find where the secure contact form is to be found.
  • PINKLADY21_2
    Options
    The very email address does not work!
  • deeky6
    Options
    Hope this helps someone. 
    Kim Jones - Executive Complaints Handler
    Shop Direct Group Executive Complaints
    CEExecutiveTeam@shopdirect.com

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories