First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    edited 30 August 2019 at 11:25PM
    Options
    jamieboy wrote: »
    iD Contract

i've just looked on uswitch and iD have a 1 month contract with 500 minutes
    Unlimited Txts
    500 mb data

for 3.99 per month. My friend just needs a phone for limited calls and txts, she isn't into using the internet, has anyone used them and are they ok ?

They're fine. I've used one for ages. I get 2.25Gb (unused rolls over to the next month), 240 mins, 5000 texts for £5 per month and it's cappable.

Unlike SMARTY, they do a credit check when you apply. Monthly rolling contract. I never use more than a fraction of what it offers. They have (I think) a deal with 4Gb for £8, so a bit cheaper than SMARTY.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
  • kennyvinegar
    Options
    I Just managed to get my EE contract reduced from £18.35 a month to £10 a month (2GB, unlimited mins and texts) :D
    I'm a girlie whirlie despite my username
  • Pennysmakepounds
    Options
    I Just managed to get my EE contract reduced from £18.35 a month to £10 a month (2GB, unlimited mins and texts) :D

Best deal by far is for those with BT BB:

BT Mobile (SIM ONLY):
    2GB Data
    Unlimited Minutes & Texts

@ £8 pounds per month

Total £96 Pounds (8*12)

£50 Pre-loaded Credit card by redemption.

Total cost for the year £46. (96-50)

OR

£3.83 per calendar month
    :jTo be Young AGAIN!!!!...what a wonderfull thought!!!!!:rolleyes:
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Best deal by far is for those with BT BB...

...£3.83 per calendar month

2 caveats on that, the first being that you have to have a decent EE signal (applies to all suppliers of course).

The second and bigger problem is that you have to have BT BB which is never the cheapest so it's swings and roundabouts.

I have the same deal in effect from Sky (for £6 a month) but we have to keep Sky TV for that. If it wasn't for the wife I probably would still be on Plusnet or similar.
  • Ali2000
    Ali2000 Posts: 15 Forumite
    Options
    I'e got a sim only deal from ID mobile, i get 500 minutes, unlimited texts and 5Gs of data for £10 a month. I can't recommend them enough, I've been with them for 2 years and its all been good.
  • oldagetraveller
    Options
    2 caveats on that, the first being that you have to have a decent EE signal (applies to all suppliers of course).

The second and bigger problem is that you have to have BT BB which is never the cheapest so it's swings and roundabouts.

I have the same deal in effect from Sky (for £6 a month) but we have to keep Sky TV for that. If it wasn't for the wife I probably would still be on Plusnet or similar.

It was good when I left Plusnet for BT back in May. Yes, their fibre is £29.99/month for a minimum 18 months but they were offering a £140 prepaid Mastercard then. Subtract the £140 from the 18 month fibre total and it works out very well.
    They do offer a 30 day guarantee with the mobile service so if the service is not up to expectations it is possible to cancel the contract.
    I personally prefer a rolling monthly mobile service, with SMARTY at the moment and on my second "free" month. I like their unused data buy back.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,865 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Just switched from EE to Plusnet. 1.5GB/UL/UL 30 day contract plus an extra 500MB mates rates for being a Plusnet broadband customer for £6 . Put the SIM into my EE locked phone and worked, no unlock needed (I do have the unlock code if needed). Waiting for the number port to take effect, all done by text message.
  • cfw1994
    cfw1994 Posts: 1,878 Forumite
    Hung up my suit! First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    andy2017 wrote: »
    None of the current SIM-only deals are enough to make me switch. Will we see better deals next week on Black Friday? Or possibly in advance of Black Friday itself?

I wondered about this....ID mobile 4GB for £8 or Plusnet ‘mates rates’ 2.5GB for £6.50 look about the best this morning. Not brilliant offers, I’d say....but the best I can see out there. Any others at this low end?
    Plan for tomorrow, enjoy today!
  • potatoman
    Options
    Can anybode help? I am a very light user,only useing whats app and maybe 2 calls a month, Is there a PAYG sim that will not run out every month.
  • HampshireH
    HampshireH Posts: 4,480 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just received my Plusnet sim from the black friday offer (current fiber customer)

£6 pm = 3gb data, unlimited texts and unlimited minutes.

The exact same deal I was paying £28 on 02 for. I used less than .5 Gb last month but worth having just in case.

Just need to get my number moved over which is in progress.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback