Jolly JANUARY's NSD Challange!

Options

Comments

• StKilda
    Options
    I’d like to try 10 of the rest of the month! (It’s 13th) ...exclusions petrol and essential groceries
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone
    Ive still not been out, too busy with the big sort out, but I will have to go to the CS to take a car boot full!So
    nsd = 11

Cathybird I don't count DDs but everything else. I worked a budget out at the beginning of the month, went through the food pile and made a rough menu, drew out enough money to cover day to day expenses ie groceries, fuel, window cleaner etc and hid the dd card!! so everything I now buy is a spend day! Its surprising how long you can go on powered milk if that's all you've got in and theres only semi skimmed on your list lol!!

I think being at home all day makes it easier as I don't have to pass shops on my way anywhere. Its when I have the dgc I find difficult as they are used to me having a full fridge and sweet tin!!

Anyway onwards and upwards, nearly tea time.
    Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    StKilda wrote: »
    I’d like to try 10 of the rest of the month! (It’s 13th) ...exclusions petrol and essential groceries

Welcome :wave:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • Saver.The.Taste
    Options
    8/14 for me and onto night shifts so wont have a chance to spend.....hopefully!!
    January Grocery Challenge £71.51/£150.00    48% spent!
    February Grocery Challenge £79.83/£112        71% spent!
    March Grocery Challenge £0.00/£93.00           0% spent!

Save 2022    £2305.21
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,299 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    8/14 for me and onto night shifts so wont have a chance to spend.....hopefully!!

Well done :)
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Cathybird I don't count DDs but everything else. I worked a budget out at the beginning of the month, went through the food pile and made a rough menu, drew out enough money to cover day to day expenses ie groceries, fuel, window cleaner etc and hid the dd card!! so everything I now buy is a spend day! Its surprising how long you can go on powered milk if that's all you've got in and theres only semi skimmed on your list lol!!

I think being at home all day makes it easier as I don't have to pass shops on my way anywhere. Its when I have the dgc I find difficult as they are used to me having a full fridge and sweet tin!!

hi nannygladys and thanks :) It's really interesting to see how everyone does it. Re milk, I used to have it in my coffee in the morning along with sugar and just gave both milk and sugar up at some point years ago, to save money I think, but it's so long ago I really don't remember! It makes life simpler though, esp in the morning when I'm a bit dozy :rotfl:

I'm up to 4/8 for today, so this is helping hugely already!
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Today is 11/20 for me :)
  • Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    8/15 yesterday for me. Spends today as DD has athletics club.
    SPC 076
  • nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,075 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Another nsd, its getting like a competition for me, to see how long I can last out!!! Trouble is it just proves to me how much food I have in!!! I still don't seem to have made a massive dent yet Im having my 3 meals a day.

Anyway back to my sewing and TV watching

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Today makes 9/15. My next one will take me into double figures. Halfway markers and double figures could be the psychological boost I need. :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure