Jolly JANUARY's NSD Challange!

Options

Comments

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,439 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    hi, very late to the party but could I join please? ... I'd like to aim for 8 days this month, with today being 1/8 :):)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,467 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Today will be day 8 for me, powered by typical January total lack of money :p:p:p

Me too.
    No 10 today.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    7/15 for me. The weather being miserable helps. Keeps me indoors. :)
  • beanielou
    Options
    teafor2 wrote: »
    7/15 for me. The weather being miserable helps. Keeps me indoors. :)

Well done :j:j
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

• Robin09
    Robin09 Posts: 596 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Spends today but hoping to make 7/15 tomorrow. Have a great weekend everyone.
    SPC 076
  • dg1019
    dg1019 Posts: 967 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Nothing spent again today so that's half way to my monthly target :). 6/12.
    Tesco 4163.90 (-86.00 since 01/01/23)
    First Direct 2437.49 (-153.09 since 01/01/23)
    Halifax 2391.37 (-55.70 since 01/01/23)
    MBNA 1577.00 (-78.00 since 01/01/23)
    Virgin 786.66 (-25.00 since 01/01/23)
    Overdraft 500.00 (-0 since 01/01/23)
    Spending CC 4538.34 (+521.24 since 10/01/23)
  • beanielou
    Options
    dg1019 wrote: »
    Nothing spent again today so that's half way to my monthly target :). 6/12.

Well done :)

• nannygladys
    nannygladys Posts: 3,078 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks Beanie.

Again I haven't been out shopping, so up to 9, can't quite believe it as I use to go to the shops most days and it means I haven't used my bank card as I drew cash out at the beginning of the month, so the balance there is looking a lot healthier to.

Nannyg
    2024 is going to be a positive year for me, and it's starting now!! 
    Buys: All budgeted and paid by cash!
    Jan - fridge/freezer
              Hoover
    Feb - milk frother, curtain pole x2, roller blind - bathroom, toilet seat, bath sink taps, kitchen sink waste unit and an extra double electric socket.
    March - raised bed for garden, bathroom cabinet, roller blind - kitchen
    April - nothing
    May - 
  • beanielou
    Options
    Hi everyone

Thanks Beanie.

Again I haven't been out shopping, so up to 9, can't quite believe it as I use to go to the shops most days and it means I haven't used my bank card as I drew cash out at the beginning of the month, so the balance there is looking a lot healthier to.

Nannyg

that's just great :j :j

• cathybird
    cathybird Posts: 13,439 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    edited 12 January 2019 at 10:49AM
    Options
    Morning all, 2/8 for me today please. :)

I don't know if we need to explain what we're including and excluding? I'm not counting direct debits, bills etc or standard groceries (I get groceries delivered so no "impulse purchases"). I am including things I think of on the day that I simply don't need to buy (books, bars of chocolate, takeaway for lunch etc). It really helped me even yesterday as I would have bought something sticky and chocolatey at lunch if I hadn't said it was an NSD, but I evaded temptation, which is good, because I need to restrain my chocolate intake as well as save money. :)

I don't know if the above does or doesn't fit in with how people do this challenge? If I should be including groceries, for instance, pls let me know! :)
    In April I am taking a break from buying: Books
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport