HYC/Help Your Claim - dodgy sounding cold callers 0161 8505451

Options

Comments

• magpiecottage
    magpiecottage Posts: 9,241 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    You could have simply complained to FOS when they refused to speak to you and would have got exactly the same outcome for the cost of a stamp.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    cliffT wrote: »
    I think this company did a little more than just put a stamp on a envelope, and I believe without their help I would not have the refund that I have just received.
    You've failed to detail exactly what else you believe they did that you could not have done yourself and for free.

It's also suspicious that you claim another firm you employed failed to help you. What prevented the other claims firm from forwarding your complaint?

I let them do all the work for me.
    What "work"?
    Did you fill in their complaint forms? Did they post these to the Bank on your behalf?
    Doesn't seem a lot of "work" to me and certainly doesn't justify fully a third of your redress (plus VAT).

If you don't work for this firm, then I wonder at you singing their praises, especially on a thread consisting of totally negative feedback going back a few years.
  • cliffT
    cliffT Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    Some people know it all, and just want to put people down, you don't know my situation and to you everything is black and white, live in real world.
    No body would use firms like solicitors and accountants if it was just a matter of putting a stamp on a letter.
  • dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,379 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    No body would use firms like solicitors and accountants if it was just a matter of putting a stamp on a letter.

CMCs are nothing like accountants and solicitors. It is an insult to compare CMCs to professionals with legal and financial qualification and a higher ethical standing.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    you don't know my situation and to you everything is black and white
    Regardless of your "situation", it was you who thought it wise to sing the praises of this firm on a thread which otherwise universally derides them for cold calling and charging an enormous fee for doing virtually nothing. They are in no way accountants or solicitors and should not be mentioned in the same breath as those with that profession.
    I at no time made any remarks aimed at you personally and you STILL haven't replied to my query about what you think this firm did that you could not have done yourself and for free.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,504 Forumite
    Options

Not relevant. In the case of PPI complaints, it is exactly that simple.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
  • Bestdeals
    Options
    [QUOTE=Regardless_of_your_"situation",_it_was_you_who_thought_it_wise_to_sing_the_praises_of_this_firm_on_a_thread_which_otherwise_universally_derides_them_for_cold_calling_and_charging_an_enormous_fee_for_doing_virtually_nothing.[/QUOTE]

Sorry I thought this thread was to inform other people of experiences with dealing with this company, not just to slag off a company.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Bestdeals wrote: »
    Sorry I thought this thread was to inform other people of experiences with dealing with this company, not just to slag off a company.
    With a title which refers to "dodgy sounding cold callers", I think the topic of the thread is clear. This is a money-saving site, none of the regulars here will help promote a claims company in favour of a simple and free-to-use complaints process.

What are your experiences then?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Just had a call from HYC / someone claiming to be. Number was 0161 861 4000. Incredibly pushy and rude. So obviously dodgy.

CliffT above - as if you don't work for them, haha. Pull the other one.
  • MSfanatic
    Options
    Just had a call from this firm, although I may have missed calls from them before as the number rings a bell.

The guy started with the usual spiel about PPI which I interrupted to say that as a bankrupt I am not entitled to claim back any PPI as any funds raised should be claimed on behalf of myself by my creditors (as learnt by myself via MSE a few months ago).

While the caller was not rude or aggressive as other posters have said, he countered my bankrupt argument saying I was still entitled to claim back PPI on any loans I took out before my bankruptcy took place.

I pointed out that all of my loans were taken out before I petitioned for bankruptcy, and by lieu of the fact I was bankrupt I couldn't have applied for any loans after the court date; at this point he said that a Halifax loan in my name had completed in 2008 and I could claim that back because it was completed prior to the bankruptcy.

Now I don't know about this completion thing, but the fact that he knew the name of my loan provider, when it had completed and was calling me on a mobile phone number I had gotten at least 3 years after the BR alarms the hell out of me. How the frack does this company know such things? Are there people in the banks leaking such information??

I politely thanked him for his time and hung up.

I would like to ask one question though - was his claim that I was eligible to claim back the PPI because the loan was completed actually true? I suspect not, but wouldn't mind knowing for definite.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure