NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• Jellybean88
    Options
    Late check in for yesterday here ops!!

Organise – We had stir fry for dinner yesterday. I've used up all the noodles in my cupboard now.

Exercise : 18,100 steps done yesterday between work and the gym.

Yesterday was a really busy day so I didn't get a chance to do much besides work, gym and sleep lol.

I'll check in for today later on.
  • mummylewis
    Options
    Morning turtles!
    Off to a good start today so far. Emptied the dishwasher and put the breakfast pots in. DD woke up at 7.15am today!!!! This is the 3rd day in a row she has gotten up around the 7am Mark. Previously it's been 5am and that's it, I don't want to jinx it but we may have hit a turning point :D

Going clear space in the spare room now for the british gas man to work and get a start on bagging stuff up for car boot. Hopefully I can make a little money to go towards plastering in there.

Shouldn't be a spend day but will check in again later.

Have a great day everyone!
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    It takes grace to remain kind in cruel situations
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • ilovetea
    ilovetea Posts: 1,211 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Oops was going to check in yesterday but fell asleep:o.
    Was NSD number 3 so happy with that.Just posted some e-b*y parcels and as the buyers paid I'm not counting that.
    Hopeful that today will be a NSD as well.

Ilovetea xx
    Make £2024 in 2024 £1161.08
    Declutter 2024 things in 2024 1012 /2024.
    NSD's in Feb Target 20. So far 21/20.
    NSD's in Mar. Target 20. So far 21/20
    NSD's in April Target 20.. So far 22/20
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Check in for today

NSD total - 3 :)

got a refund for Gas & Electric which I have shoved straight into savings, wasn't expecting it and therefor I don't need it.

have the kids on my own this w/e as hub is away so I am going to look up English Heritage places to visit on my lunch. I am also going to phone one of my loyalty cards as they haven't sent that out yet and I am missing bonuses!

Home made soup for tea :)

Have a good day peeps :)
  • Calling14
    Calling14 Posts: 3,498 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Apologies sneaking in tad late.

Budgets in place
    Food £100 to include xmas cake ingredients/and bit make up. Lidl lippy is fab 2 for £3.00

SFD going for 2/20

Going out £90/ £170 eek - This month I go out:D got 3 gigs lined up. Figure includes travel and hotel costsand few drinks paid £90 yesterday. Not sure if my friend owes me for tickets its so long ago when I booked it. So may recover some costs .

Fuel 0/£40
    will hang fire as asda cutting petrol costs this week.

Exercise
    - 3/31 Aim to get in hilly walk each day( my fitbit strap is broke) so not step counting. Ashamed of how little I am doing lately 8k a day - DD on holiday just climbed Ben Nevis yesterday in 60mph/ with snow hitting her hard. Madness but made me think slight wind and I don't go out :o

Extra income - can't do overtime but surveys/quidco aim for £100
    Had 19.06 quidco/ £5 surveys and £3 Halifax so far £27.06/£100

Will get back into the swing of things next few days Mothernerd and check in daily :D honest.
    LBM 13039 1.1.13 Now £0 Finally Debt FreeMortgage free Oct 2019:)EFund/savings £25000 10/11/22
  • determined_new_ms
    Options
    Hi :) check in for yesterday & today

forced myself to go to the allotment both days. 30 mins yesterday and 1 hour digging today :) Have done about 30 mins walking and another 30 mins later :)

today as was in town did from shopping - tis so rare I go into town these days I have to make the most of it. Got jam wax covers for jam made on Monday. Also picked up some cellophane to make a hamper for the child minder to say thanks for all you have done over the last 3 years. A bottle of prosecco, hm jam & hm lavender sugar scrub :)

spent £1 on moisturising cream so £1/10 and that's me for the month! :rotfl:

SFDs still at 1/15 - hoping I can get another 3 this week and still be on track....
    DF as at 30/12/16
    Womblng 2020:
    NSD Jan 2/18 YTD: 2
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Spendy day yesterday:o

We went to sort the rug, curtains and radiator cover for the front room - all pre-budgeted for- but I went with my dd and dgs so ended up buying toys, clothes, lunch and also some nuts that I needed....spent far too much but worth every penny!! Still don't have any curtains though!! :mad: The baby stuff, lunch and parking came from my persie money but the nuts are from shopping so £15 there....

Doing well on the using stuff up....raided the fridge this morning and have cooked red onion steaks with maple and wholegrain mustard and Moroccan lemon & potato casserole. I have made a sweetcorn, grapefruit, orange and pomegranate salad and have cooked and shelled some broad beans. I'll serve all this with some leaves which I still have growing (last lot now...need to re-plant at the weekend). I am also making some caramelized shallots which I will make filo tarts with or make into a 'jam' later in the week. :D

I spent a long time walking yesterday so that is definitely my exercise so far - I am having a night off tonight but will hopefully get some yoga in at some point this week, depending on work commitments. I haven't done a 'stoptober' thing yet....I need to quit smoking (I'm a serial quitter!! :o) but I am planning on stopping over the next few days....I am having the dgs at the weekend and don't smoke around him so it's an ideal time to stop without going insane!! ;):D

Hugs to all that need them....keep it up, we're all doing great!! :T
  • Shelbi
    Shelbi Posts: 744 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    So far so good, really loving this challenge its helping me keep on the straight and narrow.

SFD: Working towards another NSD today… managed to bring lunch again woohoo! I’m gonna call it 3/16 (I’m an optimist today)

Food: still have the remaining £62 odd in my food budget had a delivery yesterday so I think well be good for the next couple of weeks (bar milk and bread)…did manage to scoop some evaporated though for tea if I got desperate lol

Stoptober: Day 2 of my no smoking- I’m feeling bit better today…fingers crossed!

Improvise: Didn’t make anything but I did follow a fellow turtles advice and sign up to kindle unlimited free trial period in order to cop a free book were reading in book club!! (£7.04 saving- wey hey)

Exercise- other than walking from the station to work and back I haven’t done much- This area needs some work.

Christmas- Still not formulated a plan, but did find some gift wrap, bows and old unused Xmas cards!! Yay!- got me into the spirit

Banned- I’ve managed to stay out of the caf!, off licence and chippy so far- I’m doing a ok!!

Extra income- Completed Swag Bucks, Downgraded my season Ticket (amount to be refunded not yet know, downsized my pension contribution for this month…all I’ve got so far)

Have a great day turtles! Sx
    DFD-01.03.2018:starmod: :beer::T
    Maternity Savings- £2000/£10,000
    Emergency Fund- £1,000/£5,000
    House Deposit- £0/£25,000.
    NSD November 2/30
    Make £5 per day- £128.48/£155
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Organise/ Cook from Scratch/ Use things up - All food from stores. Had icecream for lunch :o:p to use it up. Pasta for dinner for the boys. I might just have poached eggs on toast - nauseous headache

Pay debts/ savings - £2.56 cashback claimed from tcb as an Amaz0n voucher, so rounded it up and paid £5 to kitchen fund.

Budgets
    * Food - 28.44/ 325 (stretch 290)
    * Fuel 60/60 - car has been filled right up. Should last halfway into Nov, fingers crossed..
    * Clothes 0/75
    * Gifts 5.50/150
    * Toiletries 0/10
    * Social 0/200 (stretch 150)

NSD - 3/12

Improvise -

Exercise
    * Week 1 - 2/4 Whilst watching a catch up tv programme I sort-of Zumba-ed for 27 minutes (was meant to be 30 but I got bored!0 - enough that it registered as aerobic activity on fitb1t, so I'll take that :D

Jan Goals - "By the end of the year I want to have halved the (non mtge) debt we have and have lost 20lbs - and also get fitter along the way"
    Debt at start of year more than halved.
    Weight/ fitness = complete failure. Still need to weight myself again

Extra income - As above - £2.56 cashback claimed. Another item listed on flebay

Christmas - started making lists. Need to finish this off

Get Ready Checklist
    1 - Health - vitamins taken today so 4/31
    4 - Maintenance - need to contact plasterer & electrician by 10/10. (Have mentioned it to electrician's wife - mum at school - but need to do it properly) OH has messaged plumber we used for bathrooms before - fingers crossed he still has the same email.....
    Have messaged plasterer (03/10) - no reply as yet and I phoned plumber (03/10)- no longer trading so now need to find a plumber....

Gratitudes:
    * surprisingly nice icecream for lunch :p
    * another dry day (although I forgot to hang out the washing :()
    * finally sorting out some pics on my old phone
    * DD 'checking in' :)
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport