NST October ORGANISE OCTOBER

Options

Comments

• f0xh0les
    f0xh0les Posts: 6,882 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Fruitloop - have a dodgy hug from me:grouphug:

Today also not a NSD as I thought I was going to pay the dentist, and had to hang around for 2 hours after dropping kids at school went to C0staS and had a coffee for £0 - hooray for points- mostly from customer satisfaction surveys.
    So went for a wander around ALL the charity shops, lucky old DH got a pure linen shirt and a lovely big winter jumper for £7.50. He is delighted. Bought 3 books for £1.50 total. Added to my reading stash pile.

Bought DS1 a mattress topper as his double bed is all springs:( only 12 months old, it was comfy but now, not. Used vouchers so £24.00

Then DS4 came home from school with swimming lessons letter, so paid that, and an extra £50 off DS3s school residential for next year.

YS bargains -
    21 ice cream cones for 10p, so I bought 2.
    4 wholemeal breakfast muffins 20p so I bought 2
    Hayfever nasal spray medication 66p - bought 2 - in bathroom cupboard for next year instead of £5 a pop.
    12 Taco shells 50p - we were having chili for supper tonight anyway -
    Serendipity !! Happy kids.

In the end I did not have to pay the stupid dentist, I am going back again in 2 weeks.
    4/10/22One Year Mortgage Free Yay!
    NSTurtle # 55 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢🐢🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 🐢 No Turtle gets left behind.[/b]
    ******PROUD MEMBER OF THE TOFU EATING COALITION OF CHAOS !!!******
  • Purplebonnie
    Options
    Organise October

Organise/Declutter – Sorted out old towels, sheets and teddies ready for local animal rescue home.
    Lunch – Leftover Stir Fry from last night
    Dinner tonight from pantry/freezer : Roasted Squash and Sage (both homegrown) Risotto

Regular – Absolutely no money spent today – zero – zilch!

Get Ready – Will buy some de-icer when I go to Home bargains Thursday.

SFD : 1/15

Improvise : Use an old wall hanging as a curtain for the back door. It is on a pole, so just need two hooks.

Stoptober : Aim to not even look at eBay today - achieved

Exercise : Walk the dog for at least 20 mins per day. Also do back & neck exercises - done

One More Time : Stuck to SW plan

Christmas : No need to buy Xmas Cards as have sorted out all the leftovers in Christmas box and probably have enough for next 10 years as I really don’t send many (elderly relatives etc)

Extra Income : £1.06 Interest Bank Account (paid into Emergency Fund Account)

Food Budget : £200 /£17.30
    SFD : 15 / 1
    Stoptober : No spending on eBay 31/3
    October Goal : Lose 8lbs /
    Extra Income : £100 /£31.06
    Debt 04/11/22 - £0.00
    Emergency Fund Goal - £1000/£106.89
    Living Fund 1 Year - £2520/£640
    Travel Pot - £2000/£350
    Regular Saving Fund £4800/£400
  • dizzyblnd
    dizzyblnd Posts: 449 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Sunday was a nsd but yesterday n today we're not so 1/15
    Mortgage free wannabee 2022 #82
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,720 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Scrimps - can you point me in the direction of easy vegan recipes please. My niece is vegan and it's her 21st later this month. I want to give her a nice notebook with some recipes hand-written in, super easy ones without a gazillion ingredients or too much prep. Ta muchly.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • mummylewis
    Options
    Logging in for day 3!

Today is 2/20 SFD. I did buy antihistamines HOWEVER they were bought using money I claimed back from work when I bought work biscuits yesterday with the groceries so I'm counting it as no extra money left my account!

No other efforts made today on the organizing front however I'm on a late shift tomorrow so I dont have to leave the house til 4pm. British Gas are coming to fix the boiler and replace a radiator so I'm going to get into the spare room after they're done to sort some stuff for a car boot in doing on 15th.
    I should add a paid a £50 excess to BG last week for the call out so that's all sorted and all repairs are covered (have definately made paying for homecare400 worth it with this!)

Fruitloop04, sending you and your family lots of virtual hugs. I hope they're on the mend and home real soon :) (and dont feel guilty about the job thing, i did that for too long and leaving was the best thing i ever did!)

Hopefully will have some good organising stuff to share tomorrow but bed time for now!

Be good, be careful x
    Money Saving since 2016 and determined to be debt free by 2020.
  • mothernerd
    mothernerd Posts: 4,827 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Debt-free and Proud!
    edited 3 October 2017 at 9:59PM
    Options
    Completed the first draft of my letter at quarter past one and then wrote it out neatly and walked to the GPO. Messed up posting here, read for a bit, then slept. Woke late.

I have managed to get 3 NSDs. yesterday I did a small shop for mum and bought ys bread, mediterreanean veg, chopped onions (11p per pack = 1 medium onion and thought it would help with the meat moutain) and 2 packs of stir fry veg (dark and red cabbage, grated carrot, sweetcorn and bits of pepper) one of which I ate yesterday - in 2 bowlfuls, raw with a little reduced salad dressing.

Today (mum wanted a loaf and there were a couple of things I had missed off last weeks list) and bought ys parsnips and chestnut mushrooms.

When I left you this morning I put chicken fillets, lamb chops and thick steaks in a roasting dish together and put them in the oven. On the other shelf I used another roasting dish with chicken lumps with chopped chillies, the med veg, bottom of the fridge mushrooms and 3 of the herb and garlic tubs of dip that DS3 gets with his pizzas. Cooked it for 3/4 of an hour and then turned the oven off but left everything in there. Threw chopped onions, mince, lots of lentils, 3 peppers, passata, chilli, herbs, L&P, stock and tomato puree in a pan and left them to simmer whilst I finished getting dressed and packed for the day.

Phone needed charging so put the charger in my bag and walked to the taxi office. Mum and I have done some tidying in the garden. Mum sat on a chair, I moved the swing seat and some of the chimney pots,made a hole for a cup hook and put one of mum's fairies on the shed and then sat down as well. Had a phone call about mum's Council tax and that is sorted.

I have also cut out a velvet back for an embroidered cushion that needs putting together, chopped up 2 whole heads of celery (ys last week) to make soup for mum (done when I got in), cut out some templates for craft and started cutting black shapes - so far have 4 each of spiders, owls and bats. Saved the bits to do 'features' on paper plate pumpkins.

Mum's medicine was delivered but the antibiotics weren't in again. So tomorrow I have to get to the doctor's early (so I can see my preferred doctor), get a prescription, fill it, take it to mum's. Problem being I already have an 11.30 appointment to have my blood pressure re-done and not sure I can squeeze in a trip to mum's and back. Hope to persuade the doctor to do 2 prescriptions, one for me to take away and one to be sent to the pharmacy as this is the second time I have done this (community nurse got them the first time) and there is not a lot of wiggle rroom on a Wednesday.

Mum has suggested going straight from her's to crafts but then I need to have everything packed and decide if I'm taking it to the doctor's with me - in effect leaving the house at about 8.30am, getting home after crafts and carrying everything for the day with me. Hopefully I should have more time tomorrow evening, just need to survive the day.

Today I am grateful for it not raining, for ticking off lots of little jobs and for the cooking turning out well.
    My mission in life is not only to survive,but to thrive and to do so with some Passion, some Compassion, some Humour and some Style.
    NST SEP No 1 No Debt No mortgage
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Thank you mothernerd that sounds extremely fair, I have upped my cycling target and if I need to spend then I will aim to spend on the day I drive and have completely spend free days so I only have 10 car parking days in my pot, any other days will go down as spend days. Thinking about it those 10 days could total up to £35! Now that I see that figure it makes me really want to cut it completely down.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • Fmess
    Fmess Posts: 2,920 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    SFD number 2, my lovely neighbours hace lent me their wifi code so I can do school work at home in the evening :) I am very grateful for them today!!!
    LBM = 07/09/13 Debt = £13339 (100% cleared)
    New roof and car £8557/£19003 New kitchen £396/£5039 Credit card Paid Student loan Paid
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 778 Forumite
    Options
    scrimps check out jack monroe cooking on a bootstrap website. Lots of vegan recipes and pretty cheap and straight forward xx
  • laurenh1
    laurenh1 Posts: 778 Forumite
    Options
    Sorry I meant apple muncher. I mis read x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts