Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I meant it was me lowering the tone!
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Okay, my miserable situation is at a standstill .
    If nothing moves by 2nd week of November , I am pulling out of the deal.
    I have nearly 3 weeks of holiday to take ,and aim to make proper use of them .This will mean me asking to have 3 consecutive weeks holiday for health reasons. I would therefore go to the gym daily , and tidy up my home in preperation of relisting and trying again .

Fed up , but determined .
  • Debsnewbudget
    Options
    It took you a long time to find these buyers
    If you relist then you start the whole process again plus add in a Christmas period where no one looks at houses
    For the sake of a couple of weeks, for goodness sake, just take a deep breath and think it theough rather than knee jerk reaction
    If you really have 3 weeks holiday to take (even when you pro-rata your entitlement up to the date of leaving ) then just book a few days off when your colleague comes back to get your equilibrium back

Its tough AC but you are within touching distance of your dream, dont give up now
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    wendym wrote: »
    LL - lowering the tone again........

I don't think anything from Private Eye is available online, but if you know anyone who gets it there was a send-up of hygge a month or so ago that made me laugh out loud in the haematology dept. Got me properly glared at.

You carry on, wendym. Is "hygge" pronounced huggie? Is it the art of enfolding oneself and other(s) in furs and getting up to no good in front of a blazing fire in a log cabin?

AC, it is only two months since August... practically no-one completes in that time, the exception being auction properties. At the risk of sounding harsh, if all vendors reacted as your last post indicates, no-one would ever move house but it's your decision.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    I urge you to seriously reconsider pulling out AC. You have no definite evidence to suggest your purchasers are reconsidering and are overthinking this. Solicitors are notorious for dragging their heels on house purchases and sales as they deal with this everyday and forget the stress on the purchasers and sellers. My daughter is also going through the same situation but house selling and buying takes as long as it takes. It could be something simple like your purchasers not getting a chance to get in to sign the contract, waiting for payday to help with moving costs or whatever. Get your solicitor to speak to theirs and ask what the hold up is. The estate agent may know something but I would wager there is no problem just that there is no rush to get this done.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 27 October 2016 at 10:58AM
    Options
    I have nearly 3 weeks of holiday to take ,and aim to make proper use of them .This will mean me asking to have 3 consecutive weeks holiday for health reasons. I would therefore go to the gym daily , and tidy up my home in preperation of relisting and trying again .

You are over thinking and over reacting, and frankly being a bit of a drama queen.

Chill.

By all means chicken out if you haven't got the stomach to see it through but you will be back to square one and probably stuck for another year.

Your call.

Ps sorry to be so blunt, but I'm not well today and I cba trying to be diplomatic.

I have had to cancel appts right left and centre and I've upset a lot of people. Whilst I am very sorry to have inconvenienced them I am too ill care what they think. Trapped nerve or pulled muscle in my leg, frozen shoulder, upset stomach and blinding headache.

I have to take time out and rest. The world can spin on its axis without me for a few days. Lol.
  • lessonlearned
    lessonlearned Posts: 13,337 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Smodlet wrote: »
    You carry on, wendym. Is "hygge" pronounced huggie? Is it the art of enfolding oneself and other(s) in furs and getting up to no good in front of a blazing fire in a log cabin?

If only........:rotfl::rotfl:

Wouldn't that be nice.;)
  • anna_1977
    Options
    Hey AC.
    Relax and give it time, fingers crossed for exchange in next week or so.

I've arrived in Dubai for a 6 day holiday with my best friend who lives here..... 36 degrees currently :j:j:j
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options

NO,NO,NO.

Now is not the time to weaken. As everyone above has said it takes time, especially with the third party of a Property Management Company involved.

Taking the house off now would be sheer folly, we all understand your frustration but you just need to be patient, and to press your solicitor and/or EA for proper updates as to where matters are.

Take a deep breath or three and hold your nerve.
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My neighbour accepted a cash offer on her house at the end of August and she only moved out and the new people moved in last weekend. So just under 2 months for a cash buyer!

My Dad also accepted an offer on his house at the end of August and still no completion date in sight (although I don't know any details of what is going on - long story)!

I have moved twice and each time it has taken around 15 weeks from making the offer to actually moving.

Do try and stick with it. I know how frustrating it is because you aren't in control and you have to rely on communication through a solicitor and he/she probably has lots of other clients to deal with.
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport