Quit everything , and start again over 50?

Options

Comments

• patchwork_cat
    Options
    Personality not changed. Not suffering from anxiety.Never have , and IMHO never will.
    I'm as anxious as anybody would be in this situation .
    When givenan information pack by the estate agents ,and then told of a time which seems reasonable you go with it .
    Also, when you use a solicitor , who you have used on 2 other occasions for
    conveyancing, and he basically says the other solicitor is asking trivial things that are not really relevant then you do get a tad cross.
    I am basically bored , and need to move on .
    100% not suffering from any Othet illness than myasthenia gravis

You are coming across as very anxious, I have anxiety and my DH doesn't and you certainly seem to be exhibiting behaviours much more like me in this situation than my DH.
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    I think there's an important distinction between rational and irrational anxiety, just as there is between rational and irrational ie clinical depression.

AC seems to me to be reacting completely understandably to a collection of trying circumstances.

I have nothing but sympathy for anyone dogged by anxiety.
  • another_casualty
    Options
    You are coming across as very anxious, I have anxiety and my DH doesn't and you certainly seem to be exhibiting behaviours much more like me in this situation than my DH.

Sorry you have anxiety cat, but Wendy ( above ), has nailed it.
    Sure , I have been up and down as such, but I'm fine .
    Stressful times like what I've been through ( and going through)!bring out anxiety in anyone .
    House selling , is up there with divorce etc.

I have a friend who suffers from social anxiety.
    What I will say , prednisolone ( which is the only steroid I'm on ),
    does bring to the surface something if you're angry.

When I got a final written warning suspended for 2 years for example.
    In work: my boss snapped at me , because I forgot to put on my Hsp appt. form ,that the appt was for m g.
    She accused me of looking for sympathy.
    She forgot that, a year previous( when I was misdiagnosed ) I ran the dept with only 1 eye fiunctioning for 2 months and. Management were concerned.
    I never reacted on the day, when she snapped.
    However, when she asked me to change my appointment a few weeks later I let rip . So, even in the most severe provocation, I kept my cool.
    Please can you now understand ?
    Thank you
  • another_casualty
    Options
    gallygirl wrote: »
    AC another one saying don't pull out. You will never be able to move on if you are going to drop out every time there is a slight delay. It took us 3 months to sell a non-leasehold property with no real issues.

Do you really want to spend another winter commuting in London?

Phone CB and tell them you have serious concerns about the buyers commitment and are THINKING of pulling out if they can't exchange in the next week. In my opinion estate agents seem to be able to get things moving better than solicitors - fear of losing their commission probably. But don't cut off your nose to spite your face.

Well gally , I think this is the best advice today.
    I'm gonna wait till Monday, as the agent that's been doing most of the legwork is on holiday.He keeps telling me how near I am.

I'm back to relax mode ( I think ). :)
    My brother is using a pal for a few jobs he wants doing.
    He is putting pressure on me to phone hid pal, with the view to doing a rubbish run on Saturday , clearing a lot of my stuff.
    I'm holding off till tomorrow, when I will text him, and then discipuss on phone . My brother is definitely the anxious type , and flaps like a budgie when it comes to doing anything . He thinks only of himself, and doesn't assess the situation ,mexpecting me to commit to a rubbish run/ Possible help with move before looking into things first in a logical fashion .
  • MrsPorridge
    MrsPorridge Posts: 2,908 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Moving house is extremely stressful and would make even the most relaxed person on earth feel anxious and stressed!
    Debt free and Keeping on Track
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Enough said . It'd be nice to get back to the usual stuff now...
  • wendym
    wendym Posts: 2,945 Forumite
    Options
    Enough said . It'd be nice to get back to the usual stuff now...

Usual? Are you kidding?

How about a helping of usual from here:

My house keys missing cos OH took them from my bag this morning when he couldn't find his. Have gone to bed with all locks on, hoping no burglars fancy a Volvo so old it was probably used to drive Magna Carta here.

New no expense spared stairlift stranding me again. Crawled off in trepidation and am safely in bed, but with twisted back.

I have a kettle and stuff up here, but think tomorrow I may well add/substitute a bottle of gin.

Hope we all sleep well-ish.
  • Smodlet
    Smodlet Posts: 6,976 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Maybe it might be time to consider a bungalow, wendym???
  • another_casualty
    Options
    Could you replace the gin with jack Daniels ? :)

Fell asleep at 10pm, keep at 3.30 am. 5 and a half hours sleep.
    Feeling tired now. Struggle to get out of bed. It's Friday so, not too bad.
  • Happier_Me
    Options
    Hi AC

Another one that says hold your nerve. Although not a lease property it took us over four months from offer to completion when we last sold. We were in a short chain (we were moving in with family to avoid unnecessary delays) but our buyers were selling to a landlord who was dragging his heels trying to get a price reduction.

Timing was similar to yours too, we accepted an offer mid September and didn't move out until 31st Jan.

The few months around Christmas tends to be the quietest in terms of buying and selling, so pulling out in November will likely mean a wait of at least two months before you see any interest. Put a little pressure on by all means but I would see it through comfortable in the knowledge there is little chance of finding another buyer this side of Christmas.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure