Symbio Energy feedback

Options

Comments

• Talldave
    Talldave Posts: 2,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    DragonQ wrote: »
    The January "cash grab" doesn't bother me at all. It just means I get more cashback from NatWest Rewards and when I switch companies after my fixed term ends, I'll get back any overpayments anyway.

It is annoying though that Santander don't seem to offer cashback for Symbio Energy like NatWest does.

I don't think you'll get any more cashback than if they'd stuck to plan A because as soon as the overpayment is consolidated on the next bill you'll have a correspondingly smaller payment.
  • tk47
    tk47 Posts: 311 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    edited 24 January 2020 at 8:02PM
    Options
    I thought I'd post a further update, as it's been a week since I last posted in this thread.

As readers may recall, I received a full refund (care of my local bank manager) on the morning that they took the wrong amount near the beginning of this month (and a day before the bill said, but that wasn't the major issue).

Last week they sent me a revised bill, and asked if they could collect this revised amount this week. Whilst I still disputed the bill, and asked them to continue to address my complaint, I did accept they could take the money as per this latest bill.

Well they haven't. :cool:

Actually, I asked my complaint to be raised to stage 2 of their complaint process, and 5 working days now having passed - the amount of time they said they indicate they would usually respond to me within stage 2 - well no response.

In fact nothing at all from them since last week. :cool:

It seems they've been too busy on social media instead of addressing my complaint, or even taking up the offer of getting some money off me.
    Lots of activity on the usual social media platforms, not that any of the posts seem to relate to supplying electricity in the UK, or indeed the huge number of complaints they are currently facing and, as they admit, are struggling to cope with.

And this from a well known review site. They were damn quick reacting to that. I just wish they would react to customers complaints lodged with them in accordance with their own complaint procedure just as quickly ... or even in the timeframes they suggest. :cool:

Symbio-Trustpilot-Sylvia-Fitzpatrick-20200124.jpg

Oh well, this time next week we'll see just how outrageous their first bill actually was, and indeed, I'm anticipating, how OTT even their revised bill was too.
  • CRISPIANNE3
    CRISPIANNE3 Posts: 1,471 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    tk47 wrote: »
    I thought I'd post a further update, as it's been a week since I last posted in this thread.

As readers may recall, I received a full refund (care of my local bank manager) on the morning that they took the wrong amount near the beginning of this month (and a day before the bill said, but that wasn't the major issue).

Last week they sent me a revised bill, and asked if they could collect this revised amount this week. Whilst I still disputed the bill, and asked them to continue to address my complaint, I did accept they could take the money as per this latest bill.

Well they haven't. :cool:

Actually, I asked my complaint to be raised to stage 2 of their complaint process, and 5 working days now having passed - the amount of time they said they indicate they would usually respond to me within stage 2 - well no response.

In fact nothing at all from them since last week. :cool:

It seems they've been too busy on social media instead of addressing my complaint, or even taking up the offer of getting some money off me.
    Lots of activity on the usual social media platforms, not that any of the posts seem to relate to supplying electricity in the UK, or indeed the huge number of complaints they are currently facing and, as they admit, are struggling to cope with.

And this from a well known review site. They were damn quick reacting to that. I just wish they would react to customers complaints lodged with them in accordance with their own complaint procedure just as quickly ... or even in the timeframes they suggest. :cool:

Symbio-Trustpilot-Sylvia-Fitzpatrick-20200124.jpg

Oh well, this time next week we'll see just how outrageous their first bill actually was, and indeed, I'm anticipating, how OTT even their revised bill was too.

My original bill was for 790 units and the revised bill came down to 329 units.
  • Mr.Mean
    Options
    slowrace wrote: »
    And neither are DCC compliant, which they should be to comply with Standard licence conditions 42.8 of the gas supply licence and 48.8 of the electricity supply licence (as applicable).

I don't think Symbio have any intention of becoming compliant anytime soon, Taking on customers who already have smart meters would, you would think reduce the work they have to do with the roll-out.
    They won't take you as a customer if you have a smart meter.
    What else can you deduce by this action!
  • Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I thought they wouldn't take on smart customers because it would make billing too easy and simple to understand ��. If they don't become compliant they will have their licence revoked
  • Talldave
    Options
    Tafrock wrote: »
    I thought they wouldn't take on smart customers because it would make billing too easy and simple to understand ��. If they don't become compliant they will have their licence revoked

It would stop them giving away free units!

I wonder if it's because they aren't signed up with DCC yet?
  • Glandel
    Glandel Posts: 30 Forumite
    edited 25 January 2020 at 2:35PM
    Options
    Mr.Mean wrote: »
    I don't think Symbio have any intention of becoming compliant anytime soon,
    Then they will be banned from taking on new customers, come March
    - and may eventually lose their licence entirely

So what makes you think a business whose sole operation is supplying electricity, has no intention of becoming complaint soon? :huh:
    Taking on customers who already have smart meters would, you would think reduce the work they have to do with the roll-out.
    This is not about the roll-out of smart metering, it's about not being DCC complaint.
    Suppliers have until the end of 2024 to roll out smart meters (if that date doesn't get put back again)
    They won't take you as a customer if you have a smart meter.
    That's presumably because they are not yet DCC compliant
    Nothing?
  • Talldave
    Options
    That they're so busy trying to find out why their balance sheet doesn't (balance!) that they haven't got time for DCC stuff yet.
  • molerat
    molerat Posts: 31,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 28 January 2020 at 11:18AM
    Options
    Just received an adjusted Jan estimate which is about 16% over my own estimate. They are going to debit me £8 on 4 Feb to make up for the agreed reduced payment taken against the original silly estimate. Not what we agreed, we agreed to a fixed monthly payment, but we will see what happens with the Feb estimate.
  • DragonQ
    DragonQ Posts: 2,193 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Talldave wrote: »
    I don't think you'll get any more cashback than if they'd stuck to plan A because as soon as the overpayment is consolidated on the next bill you'll have a correspondingly smaller payment.
    Unless they overcharge me over the course of my tariff, which almost always happens, then I get a refund.

Symbio sent me a partial refund, like others here.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback