Add your feedback on energy supplier Scottish Power

Options

Comments

• POLAR_BILL
    Options
    I am with Scottish Power and wonder if I can apply for WARM FRONT allowance. Our family income including working tax credit and child tax credit is below the threshold. Does anyone know if interest received on ISA investments, bonds and bank accounts is included as income? Also child benefit which I believe is not included.
  • Froglet
    Froglet Posts: 2,796 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well,i have applied as we are under the allowance.I work part time and have interest from savings,hubby also has a small pension only.

Not yet heard if we are eligible but it does no harm to apply. Go for it!
  • syco1
    syco1 Posts: 119 Forumite
    Options
    I would advise everyone not to use Scottish Power. I left them on 1st November because they put my direct debit up twice in under a month - the second time before they had even taken the initial increased payment. I am a very low user due to fuel poverty, and I needed the £100 back for Xmas, but they don't care. They said 4 to 6 weeks, but now that has gone they say they have only just got my final readings from my new supplier (I did supply them myself but they wouldn't accept them). They haven't got round to making up my final bill (4 to 6 week again) and even then they won't refund unless I ring and ask. Merry Christmas to all at Scottish Power !
  • matelodave
    matelodave Posts: 8,608 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I was quite happy with their service, but not happy with the amount of time that it's taking to refund my £100+ credit now that I've left them.
    Credit that we wouldn't have ramped up if they'd not faffed about with the direct debits during the year.
    Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large numbers
  • finash
    Options
    They don't answer their helplines, or reply to emails. They've owed me over £250 since I left them at the beginning of November. The account is closed, final bill paid, all done online, they just won't send me my money! Seems like they do this to everyone that leaves them, so I will be adding interest charges when I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!
    2010 Posts: 5,360 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    edited 22 December 2013 at 7:37AM
    Options
    finash wrote: »
    I write to their Complaints Director on Monday morning giving him a deadline for sorting it out before I take legal advice!

https://www.scottishpower.co.uk/support-centre/service-and-standards/complaints/

Call us on 0800 027 7771
    (Monday to Friday 8am - 7pm, Saturday 8.30am - 1pm) Email us at [EMAIL="customer.services@scottishpower.co.uk"]customer.services@scottishpower.co.uk[/EMAIL]
    Most issues are resolved after investigation by us at this initial stage.
  • benchin440
    Options
    only one work needed "Horrendous"
    Hit the Gym HARD!!!
  • POLAR_BILL
    Options
    Why is everyone so down on Scottish Power? People have problems with all companies at some time. It is how life is. Personally after 14 months with Scottish Power, I have had no problems at all. Long may it last.
  • POLAR_BILL wrote: »
    Why is everyone so down on Scottish Power? People have problems with all companies at some time. It is how life is. Personally after 14 months with Scottish Power, I have had no problems at all. Long may it last.

Can you not see the contradiction here? Maybe when you have a problem, you'll change your opinion?
  • Yep, we had a problem, and had to miss two payments over the last year or so. Very happy with SP, even when the readins were wrong. one phone call, and it was sorted.

very happy
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure