• beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    I wonder if they are losing regulars because the workload has increased

I think this is true.
    I will see how this stint goes.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • alumende27
    Options
    Just come across this thread, my husband works for Royal Mail so I assume that means I wouldn't be allowed to sign up?

Probably. My recollection is they ask screening questions as part of the signup process. My father was deemed ineligible to sign up as he's a Royal Mail shareholder.
  • alumende27
    Options
    redagila wrote: »
    I wonder if they are losing regulars because the workload has increased

Is it? I'm on my second year and it's less onerous than the last time around. I used to have to post some letters as well as the occasional cube from post-offices, which was always a bit of an !!!! as there isn't a post-office within walking distance, whereas the postbox is at the bottom of the driveway.
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hi all, just come across this thread. i'm on my second month of this now and boy has it jumped up a gear in the last few days. Had 8 items recieved on Friday and 5 on Sat! Have a busy posting week ahead as well, they sure do make you work for your stamps haha
  • Saetana
    Saetana Posts: 1,544 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I received at least 12 items this week - can't recall ever getting so many in all the years I've been doing the survey! I have a huge stack of SMARTS but they don't seem to want any of them sending back. Posting is reasonable at around 4 items per week - I'm also wondering if they are short of panelists at the moment given the deluge of received items in the last week. I've booked myself 2 weeks off at Christmas, not going anywhere but will need a break by then - assuming my stint doesn't come to an end in the meantime :D
    2020 Wins:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,308 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Saetana wrote: »
    I received at least 12 items this week - can't recall ever getting so many in all the years I've been doing the survey! I have a huge stack of SMARTS but they don't seem to want any of them sending back. Posting is reasonable at around 4 items per week - I'm also wondering if they are short of panelists at the moment given the deluge of received items in the last week. I've booked myself 2 weeks off at Christmas, not going anywhere but will need a break by then - assuming my stint doesn't come to an end in the meantime :D

I was told that a wee while ago when I queried the high amounts of mail received each week
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • girlchops
    girlchops Posts: 331 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    I was told that a wee while ago when I queried the high amounts of mail received each week
    I'm not sure that they are short of panellists because I've just been invited to do my 3rd stint of training since June!! :eek: I'm due to start next week and at the end of the previous 2 training periods i received the usual message that i'd completed training and would shortly be joining the live panel when a space became available. I've been doing this survey for about 5-6 years and was always extended because they used to be short of people BUT when I phoned to query this 3rd invite to training, I was told that they are greatly oversubscribed across most of the country at, but a lot of people are going to be on vacation at Christmas so that's when I'd probably go live!!. IMO it's just the usual case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing at TNS Towers.
    Anyway I'm one of the few who hopes i do go live because I need the stamps!! my stash is getting scarily low!!
    Goodnight all ;)
  • NBLondon
    NBLondon Posts: 5,532 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    alumende27 wrote: »
    I used to have to post some letters as well as the occasional cube from post-offices,
    I hadn't thought much of it until now - but you're right. The old distinction between any post box and a post box at a post office seems to have been dropped. Presumably no longer being measured separately. I'm getting between 2 and 4 outgoing and 3 or 4 incoming for the last couple of months. Maybe the load varies around the country? I have a cube for tomorrow going all the way to Shetland - I'm sort of interested to know how much longer that takes compared to mainland Scotland.
    Wash your Knobs and Knockers... Keep the Postie safe!
  • Purpleroses
    Purpleroses Posts: 4,125 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    NBLondon wrote: »
    I hadn't thought much of it until now - but you're right. The old distinction between any post box and a post box at a post office seems to have been dropped. Presumably no longer being measured separately. I'm getting between 2 and 4 outgoing and 3 or 4 incoming for the last couple of months. Maybe the load varies around the country? I have a cube for tomorrow going all the way to Shetland - I'm sort of interested to know how much longer that takes compared to mainland Scotland.

I'm in the Hebrides and unless it's parcelfarce its usually pretty quick. Maybe a day extra
  • dreamalittle
    Options
    Has anyone been rested lately and had their final presentation pack? I was told about a month ago that I'd be coming off the main survey 'soon' and now have no more postings showing, but haven't had the usual end of stint reward. Messaged them about it last week but no response yet.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure