anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• xhoobx
    Options
    Ive heard of them...

Not long finished on the phone to these guys, I got the same initial call as everyone else and they promised that the premium rate number was refundable.

They told me I had been pre-aprooved for a loan of £4000, this sounded abit strange so I asked them again exactly what the number was I was calling.... They told me it was the number of their creditor who was "keen" to have my application sorted by the end of the week.

Upon calling the number I was just put back through to cashFinancedirect who then proceeded to take me through an application process (so much for be pre-aprroved).

And then after wasting 15mins on the phone by having to supply 3 years worth of employment history, I was told I could call a different number or wait to be contacted....

I havn't heard back yet, but im a lil bit cheesed off that i was told I had been aprooved and that the creditors were waiting for my call.... even though I was just put straight back through to CFD.

Im going to reclaim to cost of the call and if they don't.... luckily for me one of my best friends works for trading standard.... they wont get away with this for much longer..

DONT USE THIS COMPANY, THEIR LIARS AND YOU MIGHT NOT EVEN GET A LOAN AT THE END OF IT.

And i think post #10 is spam also, bcus they were not that helpful towards me... if its not spam he must be talking absolute Ballhocks.
  • slyp
    slyp Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    Im quite annoyed with this company. They are very persistent and phoned 3-4 times last week to speak to my partner who was in hospital at the time. I googled the phone number and came across this thread. Just had my phone bill and have a 15min call to a 09052160204 number costing a total of £15.44 which my partner had made unknowinglya few weeks before. (my partner had also applied for a yes loan at some point like in a previous reply to this post) Does sending your phonebill really get it reimbursed???
    im not particularly happy about sending a rip off company like this a phone bill showing all my dialed calls and account number and address on as who knows what theyre gonna try to do with that.

BEST AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
  • ahs1982
    ahs1982 Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    I've been stupid enough to phone them and then I checked the internet. If I'd done it the other way round, I'd have saved myself a lot of money and hassle. I only called them today,but after reading comments here and elsewhere, it doesn't look good.
    :o
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    slyp wrote: »
    Im quite annoyed with this company. They are very persistent and phoned 3-4 times last week to speak to my partner who was in hospital at the time. I googled the phone number and came across this thread. Just had my phone bill and have a 15min call to a 09052160204 number costing a total of £15.44 which my partner had made unknowinglya few weeks before. (my partner had also applied for a yes loan at some point like in a previous reply to this post) Does sending your phonebill really get it reimbursed???
    im not particularly happy about sending a rip off company like this a phone bill showing all my dialed calls and account number and address on as who knows what theyre gonna try to do with that.

BEST AVOID THIS COMPANY AT ALL COSTS.
    If you are going to send the bill, send it recorded!! then they can't deny receiving it.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

• ahs1982
    Options
    Just to let everyone know that this company appears to be a complete scam.
    I was told my loan application was complete then asked to call another premium number in an hour.
    If I get a loan from them I'll let everyone know, if you're interested.
    I'm not going to phone the premium rate number though, I'm going to call their 0161 number.
    I'll keep you posted!
  • ahs1982
    Options
    I asked for advice from a solicitor and apparently what they are doing is fraud. By that I mean, I told them about the 090 numbers and the fact that nobody ever seems to get offered a loan and CFD/Horizon are taking people's bank account details. What I was advised to do is tell my bank about this and try to ensure that money will not be taken from my account without my knowledgde or agreement. As for the fraud part of it, I'd love to think there's something we can do to have this company investigated and possibly put a stop to their dealings altogether. Not sure how though...
    If anybody has any suggestions I'd love to hear them. Cheers x
  • gam35guru
    Options
    Hey Guys!

Alright, so I got a phone call this morning at around 09:30am, and to my surprise I got a phone call from a lady named Chelsea, who assured me that I had been approved by some lenders and I just had to ring back this 0906 number to run through some quick details and I would have my loan in no time.

SOUNDS GREAT DOESNT IT?????

Well...... being curious as I am, I thought I'd give this Chelsea a chance, and asked her if there were any other phone number I could call that wasnt premium rate to validate this call. Sure enough, she gve me the following number: 0871 7500500.

So here I goes, I ring this number, and I spoke to a gentlemen named Ben. Well, things seem good so far.... I decided to question the young man and ask for certain information, specifically their registration number with the FSA (Financial Services Authority) who are responsible for enforcing the law when it comes to companies who deal in financial services like loans, mortgages etc. etc.

Well, he confirmed to me they don't have a FSA registration number as they are the BROKERS and not the LENDERS, which means they work on behalf of the customer to attain a loan through "their" lenders for the customer. That's a fair comment, and totally legitimate.

He did seem to get a tad ariated when I was asking for all sorts of information which he duly provided to me, so this led me to believe that their are a lotta customers ringing this number up and enquiring about the use of a PREMIUM rate phone number to pay for the fees (which they also stated there were none).

Anywho, as the call progressed he thanked me for calling and enquiring about the use of premium rate numbers as a lot of customers just jump the gun and assume that this is not a legitimate company with bad intentions.

I have actually followed this up and have got the following information back:

Horizon Finance
    www.horizon-finance.co.uk
    Customer Services: 0871 7 500 500

Consumer Credit License #: 503842
    Company Registration #: 3173946

You can actually apply for the loan WITHOUT the use of a PREMIUM rate number using the online FREEPOST form, however one small call to the actual LENDER is needed in order to transfer the funds into your account.

Customer Services Department
    FREEPOST
    HORIZON

(no stamp needed)

or alternatively

FREEPOST
    CFD

(no stamp needed)

So all in all, using google you can actually search this company on the internet and it turns out that they're COMPLETELY LEGITIMATE!!!

Now, I, like most of you reading this, am 100% genuine. I needed £5000 for a motorcycle (which I eventually got through Yes! Loans **only because they contacted me a week earlier than Cash Finance Direct (no other reason)**) .

So, as I've read in other responses in this thread, if you respond to this post by saying this is illegitimate and/or I'm probably working for the company, DO SOME RESEARCH. I've given you the details. So again, DO SOME BLOODY RESEARCH like I did myself. And stop degrading peoples responses because you're too bone idle to research this stuff yourself, and prefer to question the integrity of the information and/or source of such information instead.

Lastly, Horizon clearly state "if you are dissatisfied in anyway with the charges on your phone bill, PROVIDING YOU RANG THAT NUMBER FROM A BILLABLE PHONE LINE eg. your home phone line, or CONTRACT mobile.... you can apply for a full refund of these charges AFTER 5 WORKING DAYS".

To do this send a covering letter and a ORIGINAL copy of your phone bill to:

FREEPOST
    CFD

and again No Stamp Needed!

Well...... phew that was a lotta work. Infact, all that took me 15 minutes to find. So you guys who doubt Horizons intentions, do the same...... apply yourself.

I look for ward to all feedback from this response. Positive/Negative.

Good luck to all you loan seekers!
    I hope you find Horizon and/or whichever company you use, a good choice!

Many Thanks
    Gam35guru:money:

:T:T:T
  • kellymundy
    kellymundy Posts: 161 Forumite
    Options
    Can anyone else smell a canned meat product here???:spam:
  • cakeisnice
    cakeisnice Posts: 7 Forumite
    Options
    I too applied for a loan with Yes, and received a call from CFD today. Stupidly I passed on my details and I am due to give them a call back in an hour or so (which after reading this forum isn’t going to happen!).
    Just wondering if that means Yes have turned me down for a loan (without informing me) and passed my details on? Also, I paid Yes a £50 admin fee- will I ever see that again?
    Have to agree with everyone else, using a premium rate number is a terrible way to do business- it all seems a little shady.
  • ConAvoider
    Options
    just got a phone call from cash finance direct telling me good news that i had been pre approved for a loan. So glad i checked on the forums first and read the feedbacks first, as i now realise its got to be one big SCAM!!!

They too asked me to ring a premium rate phone number at £1.50 a minute for god knows how long, and if they are a legit company then why would you have to ring a premium rate line, rubbish!!!

thanks again and to anybody thinking of applying, i recomend DON'T.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure