anyone heard of cash finance direct?

Options

Comments

• rich565
    Options
    So many scams going around out there, good to see people have made posts to warn people in the future.
  • Adam_Rayner
    Options
    I had a rash of letters from firms - it turns out a near neighbour had mis-keyed her application. I experienced some purely snotty behaviour and was hung up on by the company I called to ask if there was any sort of odd fraud going on and even sent letters to place on file with the Police just in case, before I found out the truth.

However, I work on a website with a huge geek community with the members only side far more frightening than any private detective (I have some wonderfully 'connected' chums on there) and within a few hours had sent mails to all the directors at both their business e-mail boxes and their private ones as well.

I also was told that the company who had sold the lists would take me off them. I received the congratulatory letter from these fools but googled them and found you lot.

One question: Why are these 'people' allowed to do business in this way? Is it all so sweet and light that they have a nice high street shop with roses around the door? As that nice lady says on CBBC "I don't thiiink sooo!"

Even information printed on their letter is deeemed to be too secret to reveal on the phone!

Foolish nasty stupid, immoral, idiotic low lifes who prey upon the poor and reckon they can rip everyone off for ever. I think premium rate lines should be simply BANNED for everything. There is no use that makes any moral sense in any market. IT helplines? Pay in full per week, day or month. All the premium raters do is allow vermin to thrive.

I hope they sleep well at night.
    Chumps :-)))):mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
  • tizriz
    tizriz Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Another one here who has telephoned before having a look on the internet.
    There is, however, an option on the website to remove yourself from the telephone and mailing list. ;) Thanks for the warnings!
  • MBM08
    Options
    Had to sign up to keep this thread going.

Just got a call from them too, saying same old, been pre-approved etc call this 090 number. Did make me laugh when I asked what company they was and who this 090 number was, and they came out with CFD both times. :rotfl:

Anyways, good to see this was the first thing on a google search of their name :T

Also second result was from WikiAnswers http://wiki.answers.com/Q/Is_cash_finance_direct_a_legal_registered_companyof_money_lenders

Q: Is cash finance direct a legal registered company of many lenders?

A: No this company is not a legal loan company,but a scam.They ask you to ring a premium rate number charged at £1.50 per minute which they say will be refunded.They ask for your bank account details and then ask you to call back in an hour.They "reffer" you to at least three other companies and charge you £50 per refferal,which comes right out of your account.Obviously they are the one's getting the fees.You will never see the money,so steer well clear.
  • jonathan76
    Options
    Got a call from them 4 days ago went through the whole process of giving them my deatils was then asked to ring a premium rate number with a reference number in 15 mins, i did so gave them my reference number only to be asked the exact same questions again word for word, was then given another reference number and asked to wait an hour and call another premium rate number I did so gave them my reference number again only guess what they asked me to provide the same details as the first call. i by this time am getting very annoyed as i thought to myself why provide a reference number what is the point if every time you call the number they ask you to they ask the same questions over again, again i provided the details this time having to spell out the words im am saying by this time i am so annoyed my blood pressure is climbing through the roof and by the way i do suffer from high blood pressure, they did not help with their antics! anyway i started to spell out my surname 4 times all i got was sorry ! from the person on the other end so guess what i got so annoyed i hung up, so far now my calculation is i have spent over £60 calling them, they are rip off merchants only interested on praying on low income people desperate for help. My advice do not touch them with a barge pole stay away!.....
  • kazkaz
    kazkaz Posts: 36 Forumite
    Options
    I've had a call from them this morning, was told they could help me with the loan I have applied for. I've never applied for a loan through them but I did through another company but was unsuccessfull.
    They could help me with the loan, all they asked was my monthly salary and any other credit/loans I have.
    So I have been approved for a loan but they don't know my expenditure, house value etc. I don't think I even told them my full name and address !!!!.
    They wanted me to phone the premium number back straight away. I'm at work so I said I'd phone within 1 hour which was ok with them, they would pass my details on so everything would be ready when I telephoned.
    Luckily that 1 hour gave me time to do a bit of research. obviously no return phone call being made.
  • time4change
    Options
    Hi Folks

I love how all the support posts (or spam as we know them!) are all first time posters! Anyway, I applied for a consolidation loan with Yes Loans and refused to complete the application because the woman went into a monotone and wouldn't allow me to ask any questions. She also wanted me to giver her my card details for a payment - and this was BEFORE she could advise me of the APR or loan payment amounts.. am daft but no that daft!

Anyhoo, I am now getting calls from no less than 6 different companies as a reuslt of this - all offering me loans. Each time I politely but firmly tell them to go away and remove my details from their systems.

However, one will not give up - CF Direct - checked online today and see it's Cash Finance Direct 0161 246 0200. Today I lost the plot with a chap called Simon and even swore at him. I know disgusting but I am at the end of my tether - I am being called 4-5 times a day.

Aaarrgghhhhh
    Old debt paid off - £30,016.34
    Current Manageable Debt : £1,500 K&Co, £500 Capital One (Total -£2,000)
    Monies to be saved £10,000
    Comping: Only did once for 4 hours and won a frying pan and stuff!
  • Nitemonkey
    Options
    Had a call off this company asking me to call an 0906 number charged @ 1.50, bit suspiscious, but gave the girl on the phone the benefit of the doubt. Called and spoke to a young man who was very helpful, explained why they use the premium rate lines (it negates the need to charge an admin fee which most brokers do nowadays) He took me through an enquiry and explained why i was repeating my details (data protection act prevents more sensitive information being transfered between companies) and also gave me a freepost address to claim a refund on my calls (which i did, and received my cheque within about 12-14 days of posting my bill)

At the end of the call i was asked to call another 0906 number for an in principle decision, but decided to google them first, and also check them out with ICSTIS, and all seemed ok, and more importantly, lergitimate. Phoned back for my decision to be given 2 freephone numbers for lenders who had my loan transfered within a matter of days. I found the service very helpful, all my questions were answered and i got the loan i was looking for
  • scootw1
    scootw1 Posts: 2,165 Forumite
    Options
    if a company takes your bank details (payday company specifically) if the accoutn does not have a debit card connectd to it, is there any way other tahn a dirct debit that money could be taken from your account and if it is can you recover that money?
  • geoffky
    geoffky Posts: 6,835 Forumite
    Options
    why do people deal with scum company's like these..stay away from them as they are all after one thing and that's your money..if they had nothing to hide they would not be scamming £1.50 a min out of so called customers..i would like to see their loan to application ratio.....
    It is nice to see the value of your house going up'' Why ?
    Unless you are planning to sell up and not live anywhere, I can;t see the advantage.
    If you are planning to upsize the new house will cost more.
    If you are planning to downsize your new house will cost more than it should
    If you are trying to buy your first house its almost impossible.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure