Aspire Money?

Options

Comments

• rtho782
    rtho782 Posts: 1,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread ;)

I have a pretty poor credit history with two defaults, a £5,500 default 5.5 years ago which leaves my file in Feb 2011, and a £103 mobile phone default dated 2006.

Due to this I really struggle to get finance of any form, although I now have a Vanquis card which recently had its limit taken up to £500, I use this to ~£250 or so and clear it every month in the 6 months I have had it, and have never gone over or missed a payment etc... I also have a JD Williams account with a £900 limit, that has sat clear for 4 months or so.

I'm in a better situation financially now than I have ever been before, my pre-tax income last year was £21300 and this year will be around £23-25k, I've worked for the same employer for the last 2 years and have a bright future with them.

I'm at the point of needing, or I guess wanting, a new car (been driving bangers since the last one got smashed up :( ).

I have my eye on one for £3,500, and have £1000 in savings to go towards it, plus the £0.50p trade in value of my current banger.

Anyway, I've just applied for a loan with Aspire....

I know the APR is huge, but I don't care. Paying off a £2,500 loan (which I may even pay early) will do wonders for my credit rating, and is therefore worth the money to me. I can certainly afford the monthly repayments - the £1,000 I have to put towards it is money that has built up in my current account in the last three months without me actively saving.

As long as they are NOT one of the "pay us £50 we have a loan for you" companies then I will take them up on any offer they make me :)

I'll let you know if it actually pans out....
  • w13
    w13 Posts: 3 Newbie
    Options
    Apples2 wrote: »
    You wouldn't have any connection with this company per chance???
    absolutely not. just an ordinary bloke enjoying my life whilst trying to make ends meet.
  • streets88
    Options
    Does anyone have a contact number for Aspire? Every number I find and have tried says it's no longer in use...
  • Andyburke
    Options
    I had a missed call from them today and called them back on 0208 080 6402
  • StevenYoung
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am in a bit of a panic. Someone applied for money from Aspire Money and typed in my mobile number into the quote. I then received calls from them, texts most of the day and even a text from a poor credit company. Then, when I was at the pub tonight my (debit) card was declined even though there is money in the account - I am now worried that the two are related and that my credit rating will be harmed due to this. I was not sure where to post this but this is the relevant company so I thought someone could shed some light on the matter.
  • jon_boy75
    jon_boy75 Posts: 364 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi everyone

I am in a bit of a panic. Someone applied for money from Aspire Money and typed in my mobile number into the quote. I then received calls from them, texts most of the day and even a text from a poor credit company. Then, when I was at the pub tonight my (debit) card was declined even though there is money in the account - I am now worried that the two are related and that my credit rating will be harmed due to this. I was not sure where to post this but this is the relevant company so I thought someone could shed some light on the matter.

If you think someone is using your details, you need to talk to your bank and cancel your card...is that not quite obvious?
  • StevenYoung
    Options
    It is not that someone has been using my details - my card and account are well protected and I have made the bank aware of what has happened. The thing with the card came about due to a power surge knocking the card reader out (apparently) and nothing has come out of my account. Was just concerned about someone using phone number.
  • AdviceSought
    Options
    rtho782 wrote: »
    Sorry to resurrect a dead thread ;)

I have a pretty poor credit history with two defaults, a £5,500 default 5.5 years ago which leaves my file in Feb 2011, and a £103 mobile phone default dated 2006.

Due to this I really struggle to get finance of any form, although I now have a Vanquis card which recently had its limit taken up to £500, I use this to ~£250 or so and clear it every month in the 6 months I have had it, and have never gone over or missed a payment etc... I also have a JD Williams account with a £900 limit, that has sat clear for 4 months or so.

I'm in a better situation financially now than I have ever been before, my pre-tax income last year was £21300 and this year will be around £23-25k, I've worked for the same employer for the last 2 years and have a bright future with them.

I'm at the point of needing, or I guess wanting, a new car (been driving bangers since the last one got smashed up :( ).

I have my eye on one for £3,500, and have £1000 in savings to go towards it, plus the £0.50p trade in value of my current banger.

Anyway, I've just applied for a loan with Aspire....

I know the APR is huge, but I don't care. Paying off a £2,500 loan (which I may even pay early) will do wonders for my credit rating, and is therefore worth the money to me. I can certainly afford the monthly repayments - the £1,000 I have to put towards it is money that has built up in my current account in the last three months without me actively saving.

As long as they are NOT one of the "pay us £50 we have a loan for you" companies then I will take them up on any offer they make me :)

I'll let you know if it actually pans out....

How did you get on?
  • lifesuckssometimes
    Options
    scammers do not give your personal details many complaints about this ghost credit company
    NO!
    MY NAME IS NOT WORZEL
    IM JUST FEELING SLIGHTLY ROUGH TODAY
  • BobbyDrew
    Options
    Aspire has been contacting me none stop for the last two days - upto 20 calls and text messages per day. This is all due to CreditExpert giving them my details without my permission. The first call from Aspire was an extremely frustrating call. They are quite forceful and try to push you into getting some sort of loan with them. Anyone reading this - please don't be fooled. Their tactics are pathetic and even after I clearly state that I am not interested in their loan they have the guts to ask me what I would like the loan for!! Since then I haven't picked up the call. Their numbers are: 02080806402 but the last digit can also be 9 or 6. When you try to call them there is no-one on the other end or there may be an automated person saying 'your call is important to us so please wait....' but then you never get through.

Anyone who is considering using their services should think twice. If they do call you make sure you warn them not to call you or put your details through their automated/computer system which they use to call you continuously - otherwise you may not even be able to call them back to complain about the calls.

CreditExpert should take responsibility for the hassle this has caused many people.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure