Aspire Money?

Comments

• Both me and my patner joined credit expert last week as we both have bad credit scores and we wanted to try and turn them around. My partner has had no credit and thats why his is so low. We are in need of a small cash injection to help buy a family car and completed the questions to match up companies that would possibly help us. Within minutes the phone rang and it was Aspire luckily my partner had the sense to tell them he wasnt interested until he had done some research. Half our later another call. Both call handlers were really pushy so I decided to look them up. Thank god for Money expert and all the users. Forewarned is forearmed. Thank all!!
  • spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Does anyone have an e-mail address for Aspire? I'm putting in a complaint to the TPS as they've constantly been calling & texting my mobile & landline after Experian passed them my details....

Thanks.
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    Don't do anything by email, it will be deleted quicker than i typed this. Do it all in writing and post it recorded.
    Aspire Money Limited
    Registered in England No 06457376
    28A Church Lane,
    Marple,
    Stockport,
    Cheshire,
    SK6 6DE
  • RedorDead6899
    RedorDead6899 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 20 May 2011 at 11:29AM
    Hope resurrecting this thread doesn't cause consternation! This is my first post, I wanted to add my experience of Aspire Money.

I have just received my telephone call after foolishly thinking that Credit Expert's 'lower my bills' tool would be safe to use this morning. I had quite a shock when I was told that they couldn't match a loan to me (for debt consolidation, I have a credit rating of excellent according to CE but I would like to lower my payments) and so 'Aspire Money' would be calling me! I immediately searched this forum which I have read before but not posted, and found this thread. To say I am concerned is putting it lightly! I'm hoping to apply for a mortgage within the next couple of years, so I'm desparate to keep my credit score high (will be trawling these forums for ways to do that now!)

I got the young lady's name who called me, though only the first name. I told her immediately that I did not realise my details would be passed onto Aspire Money and that I wanted all of my details deleted and requested that none of my information is passed onto other companies, with no further phonecalls. I asked for her name, which she had to spell for me and then the phone cut off, which I thought was charming but not unexpected. Within 1 minute I get another call saying we were cut off?! She asked if she could speak to me before my details were deleted, to which I replied no and again repeated my request.

I have an awful feeling though that this may not be the last of the matter :(
  • Even if they were real i would not go with them and no i have never heard of such a place

As seen in their website at 53.9% APR -_- it will never get payed off even at 10.4% and that's for homeowners only.
  • heinze
    heinze Posts: 1 Newbie
    Wow I'm shocked at how many people think they understand credit? I work for a bank and I was just looking at the site and stumbled across this. Not sure About Aspire Money but I certainly know about Experian and Equifax.

They are credit bureaus and although certain people on this site say their score cards are not important , ones hates to state the point then why do the bank use them?

The banks do have their own score cards when they assess a customers application as they need to judge their suitability (this is called rate for risk)

Experian have something called the delphi block which scores a customer from 0 - 1000 with 950+ being excellent customers who probably are not over committed and pay their credit on time. This is used and is very important for the banks. They align their scorecards with these scores but also take other things into account. Something that has tightened since the toxix debts of the last few years. The delphi block scoring is something that is also essential for credit companies and is a primary funtion in giving instant decisions.

My recommendation is stop listening to people who think they know about this and approach your own bank in the first place, you bank with them and if they won't give you a loan then you are unlikely to get a loan at a reasonable rate from anywhere else.

Wow really shocked at what people say they know and actually know
  • Apples2
    Apples2 Posts: 6,442 Forumite
    heinze wrote: »
    Wow I'm shocked at how many people think they understand credit? I work for a bank and I was just looking at the site and stumbled across this. Not sure About Aspire Money but I certainly know about Experian and Equifax.

They are credit bureaus and although certain people on this site say their score cards are not important , ones hates to state the point then why do the bank use them?

Because of this:
    The banks do have their own score cards when they assess a customers application as they need to judge their suitability (this is called rate for risk)

Experian have something called the delphi block which scores a customer from 0 - 1000 with 950+ being excellent customers who probably are not over committed and pay their credit on time. This is used and is very important for the banks. They align their scorecards with these scores but also take other things into account. Something that has tightened since the toxix debts of the last few years. The delphi block scoring is something that is also essential for credit companies and is a primary funtion in giving instant decisions.

My recommendation is stop listening to people who think they know about this and approach your own bank in the first place, you bank with them and if they won't give you a loan then you are unlikely to get a loan at a reasonable rate from anywhere else.

You already refuted your OWN opinion that the credit score is worthwhile.

How many posts do we see where a poster is completely perplexed as to WHY they are unable to obtain a loan when their credit score is 999?

As a new joiner you probably aren't aware but we see it regularly, it is one of the most common complaints.

The score is irrelevant because, as you have already described, it is simply one of the tools lenders use to identify the risk the applicant carries.

There is a huge amount of additional data which you use prior to accepting/rejecting and application, and then further on to assign an appropriate interest rate to those successful in their application.

Paying good money for such a score when it will NOT give you an indication of your perceived risk and probability of acceptance is the reason why it is most definitely a waste of money.

The credit file itself is not dismissed on here and is always the recommended way to ascertain if you are likely to jump ONE of the MANY Hurdles your lending institutions use prior to acceptance.

Q. How is spending good money on this score going to help people??

How is is going to help unless you understand all the other factors the lenders are going to use?
    Wow really shocked at what people say they know and actually know

This is a money saving site - we try to help people wasting money on things which aren't necessary.
  • jazzajojo wrote: »
    Has anyone ever heard of Aspire Money? They are loans people. but i dont know if they're brokers or lenders? Had a look through the forums but can't see anything relating to them....Just wondered if anyone knew if they were dodgy?

Aspire Money contacted me regarding a loan, they said they required security for the loan and as im not a home owner they asked if i had any gold, i said i only had a wedding ring and some gold fillings. The next request from Aspire i found disturbing to say the least, they asked if i would be prepared to have my fillings removed. I have written to them and Experian, who recommended me to them. I have also had over 20 text messages and phone calls from other companies because Aspire sold my details to these companies. I have now written to the FSA, and my MP regarding this company. This comapny need closing down, dont touch them.:(:(:eek:
  • HI there,

I was hoping i could get some advice.

I have just spoken to a lady from Aspire with regards to a possible loan application. She said that she would have to do a search in order to find out who would be able to assist with a loan. She then found a company that was able to assist and put me through to them. Before this she requested my bank account details.

I have decided to not take the loan. From the reading of this thread I understand that I may have made a huge error.

Can anyone advise if I have adversley affected my credit rating (which is good). If so what is the best way to reverse it.

Further, do they withdraw an amount from my account without informing me or requesting same from me.

I am very concerned and annoyed with myself for not doing further research.

If you can be of any help I would really appreciate it.

I am unable to call back because I keep getting cut off.

Many thanks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport