Outfox the Market reviews: add your feedback

Options

Comments

• SGB89
    SGB89 Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bs7 wrote: »
    Just got the same email ... they really are a bunch of clowns!!

And to think MSE recommended them!! lol

Are there any providers that are cheaper than 11p/kwh for electric? Thats the new rate I have been quoted in the latest email.

Because I checked a few months ago (before the price increase and it was like 14-15p/kwh) for the rest of the providers..
  • kentfella
    Options
    joined this lot back in march after following the link from the moneysaving expert website promising a 2 year fixed tariff and i just found out via webchat with outfox the market that i am not on a 2 year fixed and i am on variable which has put its prices up twice so just going to complain to the website
  • The_Jester
    The_Jester Posts: 230 Forumite
    edited 2 October 2018 at 7:59PM
    Options
    It appears my bill will be increasing also.

"Electricity and gas wholesale prices (the price Outfox the Market pay for your energy) have continued to see unprecedented increases throughout 2018. As a result of this and a rise in additional costs that make up your bill, the price you pay for your energy is increasing by 7.4%."

What I want to know is when will the energy club take this increase into account when carrying out comparisons? I'm on holiday soon and would like this sorted before I leave.
  • VoucherMan
    VoucherMan Posts: 2,771 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    bs7 wrote: »
    And to think MSE recommended them!! lol

Even worse, they (MSE) continue to give out inaccurate information about their (Outfox) charges which will leave some with bills higher than expected.
  • David981
    Options
    I started the switch to OTM on 27/09/18 following estimate and recommendation from MSE, which did not make me aware of the impending price rise. All seemed good until today, when I received an email saying I should enter my meter readings online in preparation for switch completion on Thursday 18/10/18. Creation of my account worked fine, but I was then shown a page about the AUGUST price increase! My first attempt at entering the readings got "an error occurred". I had left the economy reading box empty, so I tried again entering "0" in that box. This time no error, and a "thank you for readings" message appeared, but otherwise the page did not change, so I was unsure that all was well. Clicking "Usage" just got "an error occurred". Going back to meter readings just got the input form. Clicking "web chat" on contact page did nothing, but the email button in bottom left started web chat! Transcript as follows.
    Chat conversation with Nadeem
    Overview
    Operator Nadeem Date 10/15/2018
    David
    8:34 AM There was an error when I entered my opening meter readings. I now get an error when I click "usage". How can I check you received them?
    Nadeem
    8:35 AM Good Morning. It's my pleasure to assist you today. Before we get started I'll just need a few pieces of information from you so that I can confirm your identity: 1. The first line of your address 2. The postcode of that address 3. Your telephone number
    Your supply is not going live with us on 18/10. Until your live date, your Hero Hub online account will not function properly. Please check back on 18/10, and you'll be able to provide opening meter readings, via your online account on this date. I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    I would be happy to take meter readings from you today, in anticipation of your live date. Do you have them on hand?

David
    8:37 AM But I received an email subject "We're nearly there" asking me to input my readings on the hub???

Nadeem
    8:37 AM I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    We do send this email in anticipation to ensure there is sufficient time for our customer's to be able to provide meter reading(s)
    I would happy to take the readings from yourself today and have them entered on your supply's live date.

David
    8:40 AM electric = 2595 and gas = 8155

Nadeem
    8:40 AM Thank You

David
    8:41 AM and please get your email content and web site error trapping sorted out!

Nadeem
    8:41 AM As of the 18th you will no longer face any issues
    I do apologise for any inconvenience caused.
    As your supply is not live with us as of today's date, you will face some issue.
    issues/

David
    8:42 AM then the emails and web site should reflect this!

Nadeem
    8:43 AM Once again, please accept our sincere apologies.

David left the chat
  • BarGin
    BarGin Posts: 951 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    My switch went through last week but at the weekend I was still unable to use the "Hub". I sent them an email to ask what was going on and have just received this reply:

"Thank you for contacting Outfox,

I hope you are well today Sir. Apologies for this, we are still awaiting some technical information to filter through from the industry. Whilst this does not affect your switch, the initial functionality of the Hub is limited. In the meantime you can submit meter readings via email, phone or live chat. We are actively resolving in the process of resolving this and your account will soon be up and running."
  • DCO
    DCO Posts: 1 Newbie
    Options
    Per Cheap Energy Club offers, on 5 Sep I opted to switch to Outfox the Market for dual energy. Told 21 day delay. Five days before switch gave OTM meter readings as requested; (had to chat, hub wouldn't accept inputs). Told electric accepted but had to have gas on the switch day, which I gave OTM. On 2 Oct got OTM email: Prices up 7.4% on 1 Nov. On 8 Oct got estimated bill from Tonik, lots higher than usage. Tonik said they had actual electric reading from OTM, but not gas. Call to OTM verified they had NOT submitted my actual gas reading to Tonik but would do so. On 15 Oct Revised Tonik bill: electric correct; gas 16 cubic meters more than actual, so can't find whose error. Tonik uncooperative. Can't take to OFGEM for eight weeks. BTW, I also notified MSE re tariff increase and got a bologna reply: Can't update comparison site until notified by suppliers, which makes their comparisons INVALID. Beware of MSE energy comparisons, Tonik and Outfox the Market.
  • Mee
    Mee Posts: 1,441 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Thanks for the review guys. Thinking of switching from Ebico after SSE and Zero debarkle, but seems OTM may be no better.
    Free thinker.:cool:
  • ben501
    ben501 Posts: 668 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I'm having issues a month after my account went live.

Try leaving some negative feedback on a site like Trustpilot. You'll soon get their attention.

Maybe if they spent as much time on customer services as they did on checking feedback...
  • spikeyman
    Options
    Hi everyone, having had these comedians since July we have nothing but problems with switching, billing, and customer service, avoid them at all costs and do not believe the cheap energy club site either when they quote them as the cheapest. They are not and we found this out once we switched.

What they actually do is play with the membership fee each month, (daily charge) depending on the last 2 years estimates of usage for that property, not the user, they get this from a 3rd party source then estimate your usage and charge the membership fee as they like.

Our initial quote, why we switched, was a fee of £7.99 a month, we are low users. What they actually charged was at first £11.99 then after that £14.01 a month when questioned they gave the reason outlined above. The charge is equivalent to a daily cost and meant we would pay around £90 a year which makes them more expensive than other quotes, so beware and do your own figures.

We received notification 2 months after we joined prices were going up and our membership charge would also increase to £15 a month £0.495 pence per day factor that in and we switched away from them as quickly as possible.

They take DD as soon as you sign up, OK fair enough but then when you look at your bills, we have 6 bills for 3 months usage with them. You cannot understand how they work them out and, even though you supply meter readings they estimate the readings as they see fit.

So far they took £269.15 from us, the bills from what we can calculate come to £151.25, they are showing a credit of only £70 in our account so where has the £47.90 gone. A complaint has been filed to ask them to supply a full statement but they do not respond so it looks like a regulator complaint will have to be made to force them to sort this out.

Take care, anyone, thinking of switching to them. Cheap energy club sent us a quote we could save money but they showed a membership fee of £6.99 which is totally untrue see here and scroll to the bottom to see the fees they say they will charge but in practice they do not. https://www.outfoxthemarket.co.uk/How-it-works.aspx

Hope that will save someone the heartache and hassle of dealing with these people, its better to pay a little bit more and get the billing and service right.
    Makes the world go around eh...
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure