Slipping Through My Fingers

Options

Comments

• teafor2
    teafor2 Posts: 3,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All :)

Day 8/28, 6/15 NSD's, Prolific £6.41 cleared £5.77 pending, Cash £23.75 for 8th-15th Feb

This is the first day of my 2nd week, so time to count the pots. I had £17.75 left from last week so I've added £5 each to theatre and caravan.

Also, on the back of what WB suggested and because I really like my pot system, I've added a new one called CC Bonus Money. This will get a share of any left over money every week and at the end of the month I'll pay it off the credit card. This is the only pot that can be dipped into if I need to. I already pay £40 extra to the CC so if I need extra money for something I'll take it from here. Touch wood, I can't see that being the case, but you never know.

Savings £67
    DS Savings £20
    Christmas £32
    Caravan £12.40
    Dogs £50
    Hairdressers £20
    Credit Card £40 extra payment
    Theatre Tickets £16
    CC Bonus Money £7.75

I had a cracking PA survey last night. The basic pay was £1.75 but there was a chance to bump it up to £4.50 and I managed to get £4.25. :T Wouldn't mind a few more like that.

Shoppix points stand at 1625 and RH at 655 so over half way to cashing out with both of them.

Hope you all have a good Friday. Can't believe we're at the weekend again. x
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    People are full of bright ideas on here :) Hopefully you'll find the right one to suit you!

Kicked PA up the backside on our behalf - managed to get a £1.70 survey, so it seems to have worked for now.
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • Homegrown0
    Homegrown0 Posts: 1,280 Forumite
    Options
    Ooh, i missed that well paying survey! Dammit!
    Sealed Pot Challenge 075
    Pay off by Xmas 2019 #02 - target £10,000
  • teafor2
    Options
    Only just caught it myself HG, think I noticed it about 8pm.

My new pot is a combination of everybody's suggestions, yours to keep hold of the money just in case, Beanie's & K's to pay it off the card and WB's to put it in a pot for a month. Let it never be said I'm not inclusive :rotfl:
  • Choccygirl123
    Options
    I love your pot ideas and great way to keep track of the extra. This year I'm ploughing every extra penny I make into the sealed pot challenge which will cover (hopefully) a large chunk of Christmas.

Once life settled back to work etc abd we have more salary income I think I'm going to start a couple of pots. Like dog grooming, cleaner, window cleaner, kids shoes, Kidd activities. These bits are currently paid out of that month's wages. I long for the day when I've planned and saved for it!
    Finally Debt Free 24/4/2023 
  • nomorecredit
    Options
    I love your pots too Tea such a great ideal. You are fab at keeping tally on everything I have found a note book which I am going to keep away from the kids (they always pinch mine) and start tracking with pen and paper.

I hope you have a lovely Friday.
    NMC x
    House Savings - £28.83
    Emergency Savings - £105.19
    Christmas Savings 2020 - £300
    No spend days - 13/15
    Debt:: MBNA: £100/£2,653.25 NEXT: £199.00/£199.00 Paid 13/03/20 :)
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,301 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Am going to start a hair pot.
    My hair has not been cut since October & 'tis dire :(
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • teafor2
    Options
    CG - I'd definitely get some pots up and running when you go back to work.:) Knowing I've got money in them to cover what I'd normally be scratching around for makes a big difference.

NMC - I'm not sure I'd be as on top of things if I were working tbh. What is it about our notebooks and kids/OH's. I hate anybody writing in mine but it seems to be the 'go to' book for scribbling notes in etc. :mad:

Beanie - Get your hair cut pot started pronto, you deserve a bit of pampering. :D

So, all this talk of my pots has made me realise how much I love having them, especially as I can see and feel my cash :T I know virtual pots in the bank work for some people but I'm a touchy, feely kind of gal. ;)

I used to have pots when I was a teenager and had a paper round which brought in £2.50 every week. I was really good at saving back then and by the time I was 18 I had a post office account with £100's in from babysitting and a Saturday job which was pretty good going back in those days. It seemed to all go wrong when I left home and had to start paying those pesky bills. :cool: Anyway, I seem to have been bitten by the saving bug again, only this time instead of cycling to the post office to pay my money in I just walk upstairs.

Pots are the way forward ladies and gentlemen. Trust me. :rotfl:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    I love how enthusiastic you are about yours savings pots :). I know what you mean about the joy of actual physical money.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • teafor2
    Options
    I am totally enthusiastic HHD, which goes to show how boring my life is :rotfl: It feels kind of nostalgic having them, although back then the categories would probably have been records, books, make-up and Jackie magazine. I do remember saving for weeks for skinny jeans and a salmon coloured coat. Ah those were the days. :) x
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback