Our new Sky Haggling guide - please share your feedback

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    ossie wrote: »
    Try it on your Sky Box. That is where my discount showed up!

Or on the app, although you'll get conflicting offers just quote the best one for yourself.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    I'm 10 months into a 50% off deal (only have Sky TV - BB and phone is with Virgin), and just got a letter from Sky saying they are extending this for another 18 months with no contractual tie in.

Sounds ok to me - I'm currently paying £78 a month for the full package (HD, movies, sports) plus 3 additional boxes. The optimist in me wants to think that they are throwing in the towel with me as they know I'll just go through the cancel and rejoin process in April.

But the pessimist in me says that maybe there are better deals on offer.

Anyone able to comment on/critique this deal? Is it worth haggling in april anyway, or am I about as good as I'll get?
    You can possibly get better if you haggle but you'd have to lose it to get the 75%. You'll probably get 60% without actually cancelling down but with a 12 month contract but there's no guarantees. If you're happy then go for it, it's certainly not bad at all.

Did the letter come out of the blue or had you been asking?
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Or on the app, although you'll get conflicting offers just quote the best one for yourself.

No nothing in the app either, will leave it a couple of weeks before looking
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Does anyone know what price the discount is based on? I've got variety and sports HD (no movies) at £71.50, multiscreen at £12. I've been offered 60% off via the tv but the T&Cs seem to imply it doesn't include the multiscreen or sports at £11 and sports HD at £6.

So the discount doesn't appear that great if that's the case. I don't want to click on 'take this offer' to see and find myself signed up for 12 months to a poor deal.
    Thanks.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    chrisw wrote: »
    Does anyone know what price the discount is based on? I've got variety and sports HD (no movies) at £71.50, multiscreen at £12. I've been offered 60% off via the tv but the T&Cs seem to imply it doesn't include the multiscreen or sports at £11 and sports HD at £6.

So the discount doesn't appear that great if that's the case. I don't want to click on 'take this offer' to see and find myself signed up for 12 months to a poor deal.
    Thanks.

Variety is £32, Sky Sports £27.50 plus your £12 multi screen (there's no option for discount on multi room I believe). The Sky Sports HD option is £6 but you need Boxsets @ £38 to get it surely.
  • chrisw
    chrisw Posts: 3,425 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Variety is £32, Sky Sports £27.50 plus your £12 multi screen (there's no option for discount on multi room I believe). The Sky Sports HD option is £6 but you need Boxsets @ £38 to get it surely.

The Sky Sports HD is part of the Sky+HD pack, I don't have box sets. So I seem to be paying an extra £12 for some reason as my total bill is £83.50. So I guess it will be reduced by 60% of £59.50 (32+27.50)?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    chrisw wrote: »
    The Sky Sports HD is part of the Sky+HD pack, I don't have box sets. So I seem to be paying an extra £12 for some reason as my total bill is £83.50. So I guess it will be reduced by 60% of £59.50 (32+27.50)?

Ahh, I think the Sky+HD pack is a legacy pack which (for new customers anyway) has been replaced by Boxsets. Mind you they seem to change the new prices on a weekly basis so God knows.
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    nickc84 wrote: »
    I would aim for 75%

Well obviously 75% would be great, but the question is, are there any recent cases of people with a TV only package like mine getting 75% out of Sky? Last year when I was haggling, 50-60% seemed to be considered a decent place to settle...
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    ratechaser wrote: »
    Well obviously 75% would be great, but the question is, are there any recent cases of people with a TV only package like mine getting 75% out of Sky? Last year when I was haggling, 50-60% seemed to be considered a decent place to settle...

I don't know about recently but the only way you get that is if you cancel down entirely and then they may offer it you.
  • Oakdene
    Oakdene Posts: 2,560 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Had a look at the offers section on my box & they've offered me 60% off TV package which isnt bad but going to hold out for more...
    Dwy galon, un dyhead,
    Dwy dafod ond un iaith,
    Dwy raff yn cydio’n ddolen,
    Dau enaid ond un taith.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills