Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Til Sunday I think :(
    Also greatly craving angel delight & smarties :rotfl:

Sending hugs your way. Sunday is a long time:eek:

We had really bad snow a few years ago and we were expecting a delivery of central heating oil which we were desperate for. The person who runs the delivery company's local office and knows us (we've been customers for years and are on first name terms) rang us that morning to say the tanker was getting through OK and did we want the driver to drop any milk or bread off for us as their depot was quite near a shop. What a lovely gesture that was.

The driver brought 4 pints of milk and a couple of loaves and wouldn't accept any payment for it. Although it was full fat and we only drink semi skimmed as a rule it tasted wonderful:j
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Wow, carbootcrazy, that was a fab MS :)

I don't think passports cost as much then as they do now but it was definitely the best MS job I ever had. The majority of the other MS jobs I had involved eating burgers:eek:
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Blimey Carboot what an amazing MS :T. Maybe I should try MS as I'm reasonably near to shops. What company did you use?

That was really nice of your local company to deliver milk for you. Now that's good customer service that will inspire loyalty.
    Finally Debt Free After 34 Years, But Still Need to Live Frugally
    Debt in July 2017 = £58,766 😱 DEBT FREE 31 OCTOBER 2017 :T 🎉
    EMERGENCY FUND 1 = £50/£5,000. EMERGENCY FUND 2 = £10/£5,000.
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
    HOLIDAY MONEY = £0 TIME LEFT TO PAY OFF MORTGAGE = 5 YEARS 1 MONTHS
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Newbie
    edited 20 January 2018 at 8:31AM
    Options
    ;)
    Blimey Carboot what an amazing MS :T. Maybe I should try MS as I'm reasonably near to shops. What company did you use?

That was really nice of your local company to deliver milk for you. Now that's good customer service that will inspire loyalty.

I can't recall the names of the companies that I worked for, it was ages ago. I stopped doing it over 10 years ago. Certainly can't remember the passport job one, sorry.

The one I did most work for was an Australian (I think) company called Gapbuster but it has changed its name now I think. Maybe doesn't even exist any more. They did a lot of jobs back then for the major burger chain. I ate burgers till they came out of my ears:rotfl:. There was another one that involved checking on customer service and advice given at major post offices. Maybe that was the same company:undecided.

The assignments I could pick up were very limited because of my location. Our nearest 'town' (if you can call it that) is 7 miles away and it is mainly full of small independent shops. No big chains and there was never any MS work there. Our next town is 16 miles away and again I had very few jobs there apart from burgers:eek:. The companies don't allow you to shop the same branch too often or there's a danger your cover will be blown:eek:. I often had to travel further afield to towns 30 miles away and more for jobs and where travel expenses weren't paid and the fee was very small it just wasn't worth it. At least I was fed:rotfl:. It works best where you can pick up several assignments in the same vicinity, often for different companies. Your location may be ideal for that but mine certainly wasn't:mad:

There are lots of MS companies out there and I know there's a thread on MSE about it where people who work for the various companies post their experiences (good and bad).

Good Luck:beer:

I hope you enjoy your charity shop and coffee treat today, that's if the weather doesn't prevent you from going.
  • Willowtree222
    Options
    Hi Nicnak yes I am 😁. DH and DS1 are going in with me (I've told them I want to leave early) as DH has a voucher and wants a jumper and DS1 has errands to run. But we'll seperate and then meet later for coffee.

I love my Saturdays :D

I love your saturdays too! Xx
    September 2017 Debt = £25330

Starting afresh.

You can do anything if you put your mind to it. x
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    HairyHandofDartmoor Posts: 13,960 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    edited 20 January 2018 at 9:39AM
    Options
    nicnak wrote: »
    i love your saturdays too! Xx

:D :rotfl: :D
    CHRISTMAS SAVINGS = £0/£500. SEF = £1,400/£12,000 PREMIUM BONDS ME = £350. PREMIUM BONDS DH = £300.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Have a lovely day Hairy xx
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    Thanks Purplemum :)
  • HairyHandofDartmoor
    Options
    ;)

I can't recall the names of the companies that I worked for, it was ages ago. I stopped doing it over 10 years ago. Certainly can't remember the passport job one, sorry.

The one I did most work for was an Australian (I think) company called Gapbuster but it has changed its name now I think. Maybe doesn't even exist any more. They did a lot of jobs back then for the major burger chain. I ate burgers till they came out of my ears:rotfl:. There was another one that involved checking on customer service and advice given at major post offices. Maybe that was the same company:undecided.

The assignments I could pick up were very limited because of my location. Our nearest 'town' (if you can call it that) is 7 miles away and it is mainly full of small independent shops. No big chains and there was never any MS work there. Our next town is 16 miles away and again I had very few jobs there apart from burgers:eek:. The companies don't allow you to shop the same branch too often or there's a danger your cover will be blown:eek:. I often had to travel further afield to towns 30 miles away and more for jobs and where travel expenses weren't paid and the fee was very small it just wasn't worth it. At least I was fed:rotfl:. It works best where you can pick up several assignments in the same vicinity, often for different companies. Your location may be ideal for that but mine certainly wasn't:mad:

There are lots of MS companies out there and I know there's a thread on MSE about it where people who work for the various companies post their experiences (good and bad).

Good Luck:beer:

I hope you enjoy your charity shop and coffee treat today, that's if the weather doesn't prevent you from going.

Thanks Carboot :) I must check out the thread.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,097 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Just to add to MS HH my daughter when she was a student at uni used to do MS in restaurants. She invited me a couple of times , it was a cheap/free night out for her and now husband plus she made a few pound .
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback