Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• hugglemonster
    Options
    Wow that is good news about the offer I hope you can get the price you want, great news that they're not in a chain either makes such a difference.

Girlfriend troubles at 12, my dd isn't even interested at the moment I feel sorry for whoever she chooses she's a girl with a strong mind!

Hope all goes well with the house hunting, something is waiting to be found.

H x
  • So we've accepted an offer :) after much negotiations, we ended up meeting half way on the lowest price we'd accept. Two and a half weeks in total to sell it.

Now I can concentrate on Christmas before we knuckle down to serious house hunting.

Sounds silly but I really wish my dad was here, my mum & stepdad are happy as are DH's family but neither of our dads are alive, I could do with a cuddle.
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Awww great on the house! Isn't it funny how things can just change overnight!!
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Such brilliant news, and to be able to move knowing your buyer isn't in a chain, that must feel fantastic. I'm so pleased things are going well!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

Still in shock that we've accepted an offer but I know it's to the right people. We've got some painting left to do, our bedroom has never been decorated since we moved in :o so we're going to give it a lick of paint, just to freshen it up. DD's room just needs finishing off.

Going to be plodding along money wise, until the new year, will go through my spreadsheet though and try to forecast from Feb/March, I'll spend January looking at our outgoings and see where we can cut back more.

Going to do a dry January too.

Kids finish school today and don't go back until the 4th, DH finished yesterday and I'm still at it until Friday.

Right off to get organised. Back later x
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,355 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Congrats on the offer pmo2! New year new start! Have you found anywhere and got your mortgage offer?
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,056.55 as of 04/24
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Do you think you'll stay in the next house long term? House hunting is so exciting, all the possibilities...

Are any of the houses that you've already seen contenders?
  • monz
    monz Posts: 4,129 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Debt-free and Proud! Stoptober Survivor
    Options
    Sorry to hear about both you n ur partners dad. You know he will be proud of you seeing how well you are doing though xx
    Debt (1/9/14) £6,702.11 Debt free (30/11/2016) mortgage port- £70,077.82 and mortgage £126,517.39 o/s currently
    Debt - £17,190.83 (29/7/22) now (19/8/22) £16,688.80
  • MrsSave
    MrsSave Posts: 1,817 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Congrats on the house offer :)
    Starting a new debt free journey
    Starting Debt: £5,250
    Current Debt: £4,995.50
    Amount Paid: £254.50 Percentage Paid: 4.84%
    Emergency Fund: £350
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Do you think you'll stay in the next house long term? House hunting is so exciting, all the possibilities...

Are any of the houses that you've already seen contenders?

Yes, this house will be DH's retirement, so the plan is stay until the kids leave home and then downsize and live off the equity :)

We have seen two that were ideal, but had downsides that just were feasible.
    monz wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about both you n ur partners dad. You know he will be proud of you seeing how well you are doing though xx

Thanks xx
    MrsSave wrote: »
    Congrats on the house offer :)

Thanks xx
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business