Back in debt but not out

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

So it's the train strikes today and tomorrow and Friday, where I am there's no Southern Service at all....not good when I've only just started a new job. I have however, got my laptop from work so I can do some work.

On the plus side....it saves us CM money :)

House wise: We have a viewing tonight, I'm taking the kids to Costa until it's over. We have three people coming on Saturday too.
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    I am still mightily impressed with your house viewings!!! When we sold our last house, we only had two in the first month. Luckily the first couple came back a few times and eventually bought it, otherwise it could have been a very long wait!

Is your new company good about letting you work from home?
  • I am still mightily impressed with your house viewings!!! When we sold our last house, we only had two in the first month. Luckily the first couple came back a few times and eventually bought it, otherwise it could have been a very long wait!

Is your new company good about letting you work from home?

So am I, DH just told me someone's coming over at 12 tomorrow. If I'm working from home tomorrow I'll go for lunch somewhere while the EA does their bit.

Work is OK about it, it's not ideal but I think they understand.

Forgot to mention this morning, DS has a black tie dinner at cadets this evening, to celebrate Christmas. Lol he has to wear a bow tie, with his scrawny neck :rotfl:
  • Bobarella
    Bobarella Posts: 10,824 Forumite
    Savvy Shopper! I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Morning,

So it's the train strikes today and tomorrow and Friday, where I am there's no Southern Service at all....not good when I've only just started a new job. I have however, got my laptop from work so I can do some work.

On the plus side....it saves us CM money :)

House wise: We have a viewing tonight, I'm taking the kids to Costa until it's over. We have three people coming on Saturday too.

The train strike is a blooming pain isn't it:mad: I have two events starting tonight and quite frankly I'm worried sick no one will bother to come because of the weather and the trains. Stress. :eek:

God I remember the having to be out of the house for viewers thing and we haven't done that with two. And having to keep everything super tidy. Really hope it will all be sorted out soon.
    " Your vibe attracts your tribe":D

Debt neutral :) 27/03/17 from £40k:eek: in the hole 2012.
    Roadkill 17 £56.58 2016-£62.28 2015- £84.20)
    RYSAW17 £1900 2016 £2,535.16 2015 £1027.20
  • lcc86
    lcc86 Posts: 2,349 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    I've heard the train strikes were especially bad today, I'm lucky I drive over to West London (cheaper AND quicker than using Southern). I couldn't deal with it. Good luck with the viewings!
    Save £3,000 emergency fund #79 - £2,046.55 as of 04/24
  • hugglemonster
    Options
    Hi hope the house viewings are going well, I didn't think people are looking much before Xmas but you must have a very desirable house. Hard keeping on top of keeping it tidy whilst still trying to work and run a home/family!

Have you managed to get back into the office at all?

H x
  • MistyMountainTop
    Options
    Have you had any offers or feedback from the estate agents?
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning,

What a week! Three days spent working from home because of the train strikes, not a good impression when I've just started a new job.

Money wise, DH got paid yesterday. This has been squirrelled away until the end of the month. I get paid next Wednesday?! So that needs to be moved too.

Parents came down last night, armed with presents, ours is a rather large box which according to my mum is 98% biodegradable, heaven only knows what it is :rotfl:

DS and his GF broke up yesterday. DS's choice, he won't tell me why but he has cried lots and got lots of cuddles from me in return :(

Work wise, job is good and people are friendly enough. I do need to chase up my P45 from the agency, one for Monday. I do however think I'll be there for a while.

House wise, open house today :) viewers that have been already, their comments are mainly that the house needs work and that DD's room is too small, we are due another open house mid January, so we'll decide once that's done whether to reduce the price or not if we've not sold it by then.
  • DS and his GF are back together, was a terrible misunderstanding apparently. They went to the next town today on a date and I picked them up, they and DD went to the local skatepark for the Christmas party.

Finished the rest of the food shopping, used the Tesco vouchers and only spent £42.00, we need a few more bits mainly from the farm shop and should only need top up bits.

Went to Croydon on Saturday with the parents, DH & I each took a child and then swapped after an hour. Today has been spent wrapping family presents and the kids have wrapped presents they've bought for us and each other. I've only got the kids and their stockings to do.

Last push this week and I'm really looking forward to finishing. DH finishes on Tuesday and kids finish on Weds, I'm at it until Friday. I'm tired, it's been a hard and busy few months and I've missed not having my usual October half term break.

Roll on 2017, got lots to do and a house that I need to sell.

Hope everyone that posts and lurks are ok? Xx
  • Smolly
    Smolly Posts: 216 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    Mostly lurker but occasional poster here....good god woman you're all guns blazing. I'm exhausted just reading your post!

You've finished the rest of the food shopping - I've not even started.
    You've wrapped presents - I've yet to remember where half of mine are.
    You're working until Friday - I finished last Friday and already feel fit to drop.
    And you're selling a house.

Think you're doing really great. Hope everything goes well this week and you get to enjoy a lovely Christmas. You've definitely earned it! xx
    LBM Jul 16 £26,823.83, Nov 16 £27,961.98, Dec 16 £26,977.66, Jan 17 £26,884.76
    EF #205 £0/£1000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport