PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS pleasures in your day today - part 3

Options

Comments

• Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    One of my orchids is also reflowering, Mila - though it was -2 outside earlier.
    Hope trips go well for Ampersand and VJsmum.

Pleasures for today (Sunday).

1) A lie in.

2) Picked bigger son up at 10am as his bike had got a puncture. He never sleeps well when he stays at friend's houses so he slept on the sofa all afternoon, despite smaller son and I chatting/cooking etc!

3) Nice part baked rolls for lunch.

4) Fed the hens, cleaned out their sleeping quarters and had a quick bonfire on the allotment.

5) Sausage casserole for tea.

6) Bigger son went out to games night with my brother and brother in law.

7) I've been watching the Oasis film and QI.

13 years ago today I left my ex husband.
  • house_elf
    house_elf Posts: 1,073 Forumite
    Options
    Morning,

Hello to Mila hope your positive convalescence continues. It’s going to be a tricky few weeks for you and DH while he recovers too.
    Frith a momentous Anniversary.

Yesterday

1. Decorations down and stored. We bought some plastic draw towers last year. Each drawer has it’s own colour. Much better than the mountain of mismatched cardboard boxes we had amassed over 30 years.

2. Lunch of cheese and ham leftover from the buffet.

3. DH went to see DMiL. I hitched a lift to Resorts World and spent a couple of hours browsing the beautiful things. Bought two things in Phase Eight vastly reduced because they needed a bit of sewing.

4. Made Hairy Bikers chicken tray bake to use up a pumpkin which has been hanging around since Halloween. :rotfl: Also made lasagne for tomorrow.

5. The Sky while driving back home from Resorts World was beautiful. So clear, it was like being at the planetarium. The colours at sunset were golden with the buildings silhouetted on the horizon.

Back to school for me and DS2. Have a lovely day.:)
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Had a quiet day yesterday.

1. Spent most of the day in the garden. Mainly in the relative warmth of the greenhouse. It is now clean.

2. Speed some seeds. Some kept in greenhouse and some in the coldframe.

3. Watching the chickens. They do seem to enjoy being allowed to roam over the garden.

4. Seeing the bulbs appearing.

5. DS2 cooked beef stew with dumplings followed by crumble.

DH went to see his Mum(without me) in the evening. He arrived at her care home to be told she was in hospital. She had gone in on Saturday as there was a problem with something at dialysis. Nothing serious. Neither her care home or the hospital let us know she had been admitted. DH said neither seemed concerned that we didn't know. The care home let us know quickly enough when something needs paying and put on a 10% admin fee for it too.
    She will be discharged today probably.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,637 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Gggrr on that care home VL :(
    Hey Mila glad the recuperation is getting along.

Sunday pleasures,

Bacon butties and catching up on all things Ambridge.

Time spent pottering in the garden, bright but very cold. Along with Rosemary and Thyme still have parsley growing in sheltered herb garden, something fresh to add to winter meals but think this means it will flower next year and then die? need to get my Jekka book out.

Falling asleep on sofa after disturbed night and early start.

Grumpy, soon to be ex, yard owner surprisingly said we could move our horses on to ungrazed paddocks so pleasure is that girlie will have more grass when she went out this morning.

New series of Vera.
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    #RAF100 in 82 Days!

5 Ready meal tonight! Prepared Smoked Haddock Kedgeree, with king prawns, served with garden fresh salad. Obviously at this time of year, it is not from the Garden of BoP, but you get the gist! Looks good on paper. As with all BoP meals, they mature stronger than the originals! Tum will be thoroughly rubbed!

4 Bit bitten last eve with the lurgy so hot toddied, proper medicine, as well. Wobbleade cures all. None of that quack stuff around here! Talking of quack stuff, and ordered my go anywhere pills, was inn emporium last day to top up the vitamins! Only to see that their 3 for 2 offers are not on this week, and the NY Glory hunters, sorry punters, had cleared the shelves. Trust me it will not last! Fortunately, BoP has plenty to go on with, and can wait until they drop in price again. Avoid.

For those that need advice from a quack as to which vitamin they should take, and please remember that as with the bookmaker site, and the proper foods you are given a choice off, see above, in BoP’s post, that you should seek advice from a professional. BoP was advised by his cardiologist to take Multi Vitamins with Iron, and to keep his beach ready looks, a cod liver oil tablet as well. Other fizzable tablets are available but they are laced with additives to perk you quicker such as caffeine! Nice to get you going, but stop taking them and you find yourself in a worse state. Avoid!

And ifs you want proof that this has kept BoP inn his beach ready looks, then you only has to thank Mum BoP for her force feeding of BoP with proper food as a child and vitamins! Foods that should always be avoided are Broad Beans and Treacle puddings! Please remember that although Mum BoP was good, she always did Boiled Bacon, tatties, and broad beans. BoP never had any pudding as he left his Bored Beans, and pudding was always Treacle sponge! Avoid.

3 On about that, the frog decimal reduced packs of cakes of Jaffa are on offer are classed as suitable this week, so BoP has two in his lunch box today! Get them while they are cheap. On other foods that have been reduced packeted, cheese. Now the same width, but the size of a floor tile instead of a brick!

2 Night is feet up as BoP has been Toddied today! None of that shaping in the gym to keep my beach ready looks!

It was only yesterday that you looked forward to tomorrow and now it’s almost gone!
  • Mrs_Salad_Dodger
    Options
    LaineyT wrote: »
    Gggrr on that care home VL :(
    Hey Mila glad the recuperation is getting along.

Sunday pleasures,

Bacon butties and catching up on all things Ambridge.
    Grumpy, soon to be ex, yard owner surprisingly said we could move our horses on to ungrazed paddocks so pleasure is that girlie will have more grass when she went out this morning.

New series of Vera.

LaineyT,

He is obviously regretting his decision - I am a great believer in what goes around comes around!

Monday’s pleasures:

1. Black bin bag, full to the brim with shredding, now in rubbish bin.

2. Condiments Cupboard sorted out and all contents listed on iPad.

3. Sliding herbs & spices drawer sorted & contents listed + recycled 7 jars + 4 jars in cs bag.

4. All 4 shelves in larder cleaned, contents sorted & listed.

5. No cooking today.

Have a good night one and all.

Mrs SD🙂
    Be Kind. Stay Safe. Break the Chain. Save Lives. 

2024 Savings Pot Challenge: As a monthly amount, running total = £116.85
    Jan £5; Feb £13; Mch £25; Apr £31:65; May £42.20; Jun £??; July £??; Aug £??; Sep £??; Oct £??; Nov £??; Dec £??.  Grand Total £??
  • mhagster
    mhagster Posts: 5,211 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Good evening!
    Chilly chilly here. Heating has been on most of the day, washing hung all over the house trying to dry it.

Nice walk first thing. Stunning sky.

Wrote a list and did most of what was on it which amongst other things included washing, ironing, bathrooms and floors.

Had a snoozette. Not had one for a while!

Friend popped in and had a blether and then Haggis and I walked her home. Then had a quick hello to another friend who was driving past.

Made pasta with an eclectic mix of veg ...sprouts , mushrooms, red onion, pepper, garlic, bacon and a tub of soft cheese lobbed in. Was tasty enough.
  • Kittikins
    Kittikins Posts: 5,335 Forumite
    Options
    1. Vera, do love the scenery and the acting :)

2. NSD yesterday and today.

3. Picked up the dresses I ordered to wear to my brother's wedding and am relieved that I'll be able to get a refund as they are not dusky pink, but salmon!! I didn't even take them out of their bags....and am so glad I kept the shrug last week to go with my lovely navy dress!

4. Great day at school - the children were all sparky and fun, and I was very impressed with how much French they'd remembered from last term :)

5. Cuddles with DD and the anticipation of cuddles with KW tomorrow.

6. The prospect of getting into bed and snuggling down soon. I'm feeling quite hot and cold and think that a cup of hot squash, a paracetamol and a good sleep are in order!
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,157 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for today (Monday).

1) Some tasty meals today including Jack Monroe's aubergine and kale satay for tea (except I used spinach).

2) Smaller son still off school but on the mend now.

3) My sister is a step closer to moving house and might complete by the end of the month!

4) Hens well.

5) Bigger son had an interview for an apprenticeship and was really happy with how it went. He said he asked more questions than the chap and will hear on Friday.

6) Had my haircut and eyebrows done (at last).

7) Watched First Dates hotel.

8) In bed with 1hwb and about to listen to the radio.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    Options
    MIL still in hospital. She had a scan but no one available to be able to look at it and make the decision of what to do.

1. Lunch provided at work.

2. Two friends at work when i needed them.

3. Cooked new dish for tea which was easy and tasty.

4. Watched Silent Witness.

5. Had some chocolate.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport