Add your feedback on energy supplier Powershop

Options

Comments

• Tafrock
    Tafrock Posts: 747 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good is an understatement. That's superb. I snapped it up straight away.

I assume that discount is the same for everyone (as it should be).

The March future pack was indeed a slap in the face. An insult to powershoppers intelligence almost. This new pack is a step in the right direction
    More of the same please powershop
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Equites wrote: »
    Another good special pack released today - "Super Bowl" with a 41.8% discount, enough to cover 5 days of my usage.
    Long may these types of pack continue, allows me forget the aberration that is the March Future Pack.

You must be a low user as i am gas/electric and i got £6.15 of power for £3.58 which they tell me is 2 days worth of power.
    Powershop should offer better discounts as i seem to be paying more for my gas than i was with another company 2 months ago and my unit price is 3.73p and d/charge is 21.12p so i would need 30% discount on the gas price if i am to get to 2.61kwh Top Shopper Gas June price they said i could pay if i bought all available packs.
  • Tafrock
    Options
    Gas has massively increased in price with all providers

I'm with zog and locked into a two year fixed deal with no leaving fee back in April.

I'm glad I did. For the same tariff with zog now I'd be paying a whopping £121 extra a year.

My cheapest alternative provider would be £49 extra a year.

So glad I locked in
  • neilsedaka
    Options
    My gas price is lower than those mentioned. Much lower - in fact zero.

There is absolutely no gas in this area.
  • Boohoo
    Boohoo Posts: 1,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »
    You must be a low user as i am gas/electric and i got £6.15 of power for £3.58 which they tell me is 2 days worth of power.
    Powershop should offer better discounts as i seem to be paying more for my gas than i was with another company 2 months ago and my unit price is 3.73p and d/charge is 21.12p so i would need 30% discount on the gas price if i am to get to 2.61kwh Top Shopper Gas June price they said i could pay if i bought all available packs.

Today i put in a gas/elctric meter readings and i then checked my usage and average unit charge since i have been with PS for gas.
    Well i dont know if it's a mistake but PS have my average gas unit rate as 4.26p per kwh which is well over the 3.73pkwh Baseline tariff gas June without buying any powerpacks and i had bought the packs so maybe it will be lower next month?
  • Equites
    Equites Posts: 118 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Boohoo wrote: »

I only use Powershop for electricity.
    Just wish I had access to mains gas.
    If you think mains gas is expensive come and live in a metered LPG estate like I do (45 houses supplied via a communal tank).
    We pay over twice the price of mains gas and the whole metered estate LPG system is so corrupt that moving to a new supplier is impossible (not allowed to install separate tanks etc etc, a rant for another forum).
    That part of the energy market is failing badly, our neighbour actually installed electric storage heaters as they found it cheaper to heat their house using those instead of LPG, which says everything really (we're moving out in the next year so not making that kind of capital investment).
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    edited 16 October 2018 at 5:22PM
    Options
    I thought I knew how to buy energy but... what do I know?:rotfl:

My current fixed offer for the next year with AVRO is £1060.

The Powershop deal could be £100 less if I was a "Top Shoper" or it might be £147 more :( if we have the "First Year Promise" or it could be £243 more:(:( if we end up with the "Baseline"
    GetAttachmentThumbnail?id=AQMkADAwATE0YjEwLWFhADZlLTQ0ADFiLTAwAi0wMAoARgAAA033AjEnv7RDtWcOE%2BM1tOgHANjpq3u%2FE09Or9cUTmlB8moAAAIBIQAAANjpq3u%2FE09Or9cUTmlB8moAAjufcQgAAAABEgAQAGHCKtHz5LRMp9ktGJVKk18%3D&thumbnailType=2&owa=outlook.live.com&scriptVer=20181008.06.02&isc=1&X-OWA-CANARY=usFSG8Dtt06IafNXZVVGS9ApTSaAM9YYWoqaQUJAuRPA0ZAvqq-QZhWQeqFJF2MEe9clc-0ZZjU.&token=eyJhbGciOiJSUzI1NiIsImtpZCI6IjA2MDBGOUY2NzQ2MjA3MzdFNzM0MDRFMjg3QzQ1QTgxOENCN0NFQjgiLCJ4NXQiOiJCZ0Q1OW5SaUJ6Zm5OQVRpaDhSYWdZeTN6cmciLCJ0eXAiOiJKV1QifQ.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.n1OMbfLwycSberpr1NH-bCj0ym6LXmtUyFzyHNOwGssfocc7kqM5GmlvhioP7rWljfSN0gbFYUsBT2SYUicVCWIeXXbDkrCTBHHGY5J8i9eYLDfYBjFpHfjmkw9oBmGO3oDDVnrltqwPSVq30LjmAP-VPOE1cQ8I3guOHExxaFuhs7hFS1_gMcRX0DtGSh-_QnAeKO4DwcbZu3Ob_kCfwKm6n4W1CsNL6oXuFDeD-V5Jgishchcdy-fJ0drIJBIduTDWUPitpw7NDbRfx7NgLZs5isseLpDQqYfBpVYHlNMZlTw1Z5wYHdkhhlpuhu53ep8o4ql4J9XbjHTI-atLRA&animation=true
  • Tafrock
    Options
    With powershop what you get is entirely up to you. To achieve top shopper rate you MUST purchase powerpacks. As many as you can afford

Your goal is to cover your monthly usage by purchasing powerpacks. If you don't purchase enough packs powershop will buy power for you at baseline rate and its very expensive.

First year promise is in effect the most you will pay in your first year anyway

It's a safety net for new adopters of powershop. As a first year customer you will never have to pay the top baseline rate

By purchasing powerpacks you should achieve top shopper rate or even better it.

I've been with powershop 18 months and always better top shopper rates though with the recent price increase I am keeping an open mind as to whether I will continue to beat top shopper rates

At the moment I'm on target but my tariff increased in price yesterday so I'll keep an eye on things
  • Leear
    Leear Posts: 59 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you Tafrock it's good to know that, if the variable pricing doesn't go up. :T

In my first year the over payment would be ring fenced and limited to £147 and in year two it would be limited to £243! :(

It's a reverse logic and a sort of penalty for loyalty:(
  • Tafrock
    Options
    But if you buy powerpacks you would never pay the overpayment. Basically if you've no intention of purchasing powerpacks don't join powershop or you will end up overpaying
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback