IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Are the number of court cases tailing off?

Options

Comments

• Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,354 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    14/07/17

30/5
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • pappa_golf
    pappa_golf Posts: 8,895 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    They are all hospital staff, mainly nurses, midwives etc.

This is the only Trust in Wales which still charges for parking. The Trust, to their shame, have been supporting Indigo all the way through this saga, and are sending a senior manager as a witness for next week's hearing.

It will cost them considerably more than £9,600 if they lose. The barrister's fees alone will come to more than that, and there are implications for their business model going forward.

no update from parking prankster , but his blog has been updated by a reader

seems the staff lost , have you any further news?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    pappa_golf wrote: »
    no update from parking prankster , but his blog has been updated by a reader

seems the staff lost , have you any further news?

Judge went with the Claimants on all 7 of the main issues.

Decision binding on all 78 defendants. Full costs of £26,000 awarded to Claimants due to finding of unreasonable behaviour by one of the lay reps.

Total and utter carnage.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    edited 15 July 2017 at 10:06AM
    Options
    I foresee staff problems at that hospital now , that test case has opened a huge floodgate which will result in financial misery to thousands

can the situation be appealed , this time stating in witness statements that there are over 100,000 tickets floating about ?
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • bargepole
    bargepole Posts: 3,231 Forumite
    Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    ... can the situation be appealed , this time stating in witness statements that there are over 100,000 tickets floating about ?

How would that be a relevant appeal point? You can only appeal on points where you can argue that the Judge made an error in law, or finding of fact based on the available evidence.

I have been providing assistance, including Lay Representation at Court hearings (current score: won 57, lost 14), to defendants in parking cases for over 5 years. I have an LLB (Hons) degree, and have a Graduate Diploma in Civil Litigation from CILEx. However, any advice given on these forums by me is NOT formal legal advice, and I accept no liability for its accuracy.
  • pappa_golf
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    "unreasonable behaviour by one of the lay reps."

was that a error in law , or the judges personal opinion
    Save a Rachael

buy a share in crapita
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    edited 15 July 2017 at 10:52AM
    Options
    bargepole wrote: »
    Judge went with the Claimants on all 7 of the main issues.

Decision binding on all 78 defendants. Full costs of £26,000 awarded to Claimants due to finding of unreasonable behaviour by one of the lay reps.

Total and utter carnage.

They can always go on strike, bring the hospital to a close. Front pages, Sky News, crowd funding, nurses in uniform on picket lines, burning their bras, questions on QT, get Jezza to lead a march, I am sure the public would sympathise.
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Care to explain what you mean? LOC123 is female.

I've been a bit preoccupied the last few days, why has my post been removed and how was it casually sexist? Just curious.
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    Another win against Millennium yesterday by a tenant of Copper Quarter. Judge found primacy of contract. Totally different ruling to the one won on wednesday, where judge held the lease DID allow new parking regs (but she won on the contract points)
    Although a practising Solicitor, my posts here are NOT legal advice, but are personal opinion based on limited facts provided anonymously by forum users. I accept no liability for the accuracy of any such posts and users are advised that, if they wish to obtain formal legal advice specific to their case, they must seek instruct and pay a solicitor.
  • Loadsofchildren123
    Options
    "unreasonable behaviour by one of the lay reps."

was that a error in law , or the judges personal opinion

This is precisely why there is concern about unregulated lay reps and Mackenzie friends. The majority do a fantastic job, don't get me wrong. But here is an example of it going spectacularly wrong. Can the Defendant seek recovery of those costs from the lay rep? Even if they weren't paying there must have been a contract and/or a duty of care?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure