Slimming for Santa - Slimming World support thread 2018

Options

Comments

• LMCD
    LMCD Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    LCMD - SW say you should have between 5 and 15 syns a day but try to aim for 10 a day.

Have you had plenty of Speed and Protein foods as these are the most important elements of the plan, rather than just Free foods.

We could help you more if you posted what you'd actually eaten.

Thank you kindly, promise I will learn quick lol
    b 50g bran flakes skimmed milk, effervescent
    l pasta with pesto and few fried veg in fry light (pesto counted towards syns)
    fruit for snack.
    d was cous cous with chicken stock, goats cheese stir fry veg and turkey with cheating garlic hence the syn in that.. done in fry light.

• bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,924 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I find the cauli rice really bland. Only had it a couple of times. Have tried just microwaving it and also roasting it but still found it bland. I would have thought that adding the broccoli would have given it a bit more flavour.

Denise

I dry fry it with garlic and only use fresh, wasnt nice with broc:o
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • joedenise
    joedenise Posts: 16,560 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    LMCD wrote: »
    LCMD - SW say you should have between 5 and 15 syns a day but try to aim for 10 a day.

Have you had plenty of Speed and Protein foods as these are the most important elements of the plan, rather than just Free foods.

We could help you more if you posted what you'd actually eaten.

Thank you kindly, promise I will learn quick lol
    b 50g bran flakes skimmed milk, effervescent
    l pasta with pesto and few fried veg in fry light (pesto counted towards syns)
    fruit for snack.
    d was cous cous with chicken stock, goats cheese stir fry veg and turkey with cheating garlic hence the syn in that.. done in fry light.

Was goat's cheese your HEA? Not sure what you mean by cheating garlic? Most garlic purees in a tube are oil free and Free foods. You certainly don't seem to have had a lot to eat; and eating less doesn't mean a good weight loss.

Denise
  • LMCD
    LMCD Posts: 649 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

Was goat's cheese your HEA? Not sure what you mean by cheating garlic? Most garlic purees in a tube are oil free and Free foods. You certainly don't seem to have had a lot to eat; and eating less doesn't mean a good weight loss.

Denise

yeah goats cheese was HEA, cheating garlic in the squeezy one says .5 for the aldi ones on their app.

I didn't eat much in past unless it was junk in between meals sometimes. So now its only meals and water and fruit if peckish. I might try acquire a weekly meal plan to get me into the swing of it.

Thanks for your reply :)

being new to this , and as much i like to cook, I know I am needing a food education which I aim to pick up as I go along. :)
  • bubbs
    Options

yeah goats cheese was HEA, cheating garlic in the squeezy one says .5 for the aldi ones on their app.

I didn't eat much in past unless it was junk in between meals sometimes. So now its only meals and water and fruit if peckish. I might try acquire a weekly meal plan to get me into the swing of it.

Thanks for your reply :)

being new to this , and as much i like to cook, I know I am needing a food education which I aim to pick up as I go along. :)

I have started posting my food again as i used to all the time, but i have just moved home and got sorted so there are a few new people so i will post every day apart from Sat tea as thats my syns for the week:eek:, known on here as picky tea:rotfl::rotfl: so hope it gives you some ideas :D
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • bubbs
    Options
    Oh and i eat ALOT:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,304 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    Not as much as me bubbs :eek:
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    Not as much as me bubbs :eek:

I dunno never seen your meals:p
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    I have a trapped nerve. I went into a meeting with a double strength coffee, and then when we had a break I took some strong pain killers and had another double strength coffee. OMG i had to hold on to the side of my chair whilst the effects worked their way through my system....I could not see at one point......as I was chairing the meeting god knows where the discussion went and what we spoke about.... maybe purple unicorns........ I have decided I am going to buy chocolates for the minute taker and hunt her out tomorrow in an attempt to get any reference to purple unicorns removed.

:D:D:D:D:D
  • Gettingtherequickly
    Options
    Another STS for me. Happy enough as I right royally screwed up earlier in the week, inadvertently I hasten to add, so was on catch up and am also taking cough medicine to shift a cough, if I don't take it, I will have the cough for months, so lesser of the evils.
    A smile costs little but creates much :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure