PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

More Charity Shop Bargains for 2018 & beyond!

Options

Comments

• Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    bobsa1 wrote: »
    Today I've spent far too much and my only excuse is mice have been spotted in the house (traps have been put down) a dead mole was brought in from the garden by the dogs so whilst dh deals with eradication of all entrance points I went shopping!

I got a very nice shift type dress for dd (14) with a sort of open lace too, short sleeves and then I think the body is called trapeze shape. Not sure of make as didn't look and now in washer £3.49. A small pretty Carlton ware vase £1.49 don't know if that's a good price or not but very pretty.
    An autograph chasmere cardigan in pale pink looks unworn as no bobbling £7.99 (similar currently £85 on m and s site). They had two other colours in the same cardigan all donated by the same lady apparently and I was sorely tempted but resisted.

A shirt by Charles trywright (sp) for £1.46 I actually gave them £2 as it's a tiny shop for a local hospice

A joules rain cape with bag again hardly worn from sue Ryder for £8.50 and I also bought a £1 lottery ticket

Final purchases were a very pretty green glass cake stand type thing. I inherited a pink one from my mum and thought this would look lovely with it for £2.99 and a Boden dress for dd (24) in a retro design.

I know I've spent a fortune and do feel quite bad but i suppose I've got everything for less than the retail price of dh shirt.
    I'm sure I wouldn't have been able to resist cashmere cardigans for £8.00. :)
  • bexster1975
    bexster1975 Posts: 1,576 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post Bake Off Boss!
    Options
    As above, I'd have bought all three for £24!

Bexster :)
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I bought a couple of things this weekend. I got a Cath Kidston mug in a floral print on blue it's one of the Churchill china ones - paid £1 for it. A lovely off white t shirt with floral chiffon shoulders and a corsage for £1.99. A River Island oversized v neck jumper in pink, angora blend, this was £4 so not particularly cheap but I really liked it.

Also got DS some trendy turn up shorts they are from Next in a lovely mustard colour for £1.49 and a Converse full zip hoodie for £3.50.

I am very much regretting the mens tweed shooting jacket and the White Stuff wool dress that I left behind so may pop back tomorrow and see if they are still there. I know they are winter items but seeing as we get a lot more opportunity to wear those I feel justified.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday I bought 2 Next dresses and a good quality cardigan for my niece when she gets older for £2 in total, and a couple of smart work tops for myself for £2 each (not yet tried them on, I might find they need to go back).

When I showed her, her reaction was not quite what I expected but then the little madam is 3 now. Luckily ungrateful sister admired my finds and tells me all 3 items are drying on her line today.
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • kboss2010
    kboss2010 Posts: 1,466 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Wizzbang wrote: »
    Be interested to know how you get on with them. I bought a pair in the sale some years ago and they were the worst cords I've ever owned. Within a year or two, all the velvet pile was wearing away, particularly on the knees. It's not like I spent a lot of time kneeling in them! I've never bought Monsoon since and stick to Debenhams which wash and wear fantastically for years. Think I've had mine 10 years now and as good as the day I bought them. Can find them for £8-£10 brand new in the sales and they do a shorter leg length too :)

I don’t think they’ll last tbh, I’ve noticed some minor wear already & I’ve only worn them for a week. But, at £4, I don’t mind too much !!!128516;
    “I want to be a glow worm, A glow worm's never glum'Coz how can you be grumpy, when the sun shines out your bum?" ~ Dr A. TappingI'm finding my way back to sanity again... but I don't really know what I'm gonna do when I get there~ LifehouseWhat’s fur ye will make go by ye… but also what’s not fur ye, ye can jist scroll on by!
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    I got a lovely joseph and joseph salad box for 99p from Dr B its a cheeky £16 on the Selfridges page thought that was a lot for a box to put salad in
    onwards and upwards
  • VfM4meplse
    VfM4meplse Posts: 34,269 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    I got a lovely joseph and joseph salad box for 99p from Dr B its a cheeky £16 on the Selfridges page thought that was a lot for a box to put salad in
    It is!

You have reminded me to stick this on my P'interest wishlist. I am convinced I shall find this (or similar, which is good enough for me!) in a chazzer within the next couple of years :D

61h7iSGPZ6L._SL1129_.jpg
    Value-for-money-for-me-puhleeze!

"No man is worth, crawling on the earth"- adapted from Bob Crewe and Bob Gaudio

Hope is not a strategy :D...A child is for life, not just 18 years....Don't get me started on the NHS, because you won't win...I love chaz-ing!
  • Pollycat
    Pollycat Posts: 34,686 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Savvy Shopper!
    Options
    In our Air Ambulance "everything's £1.00" shop yesterday, I bought a Jasper Conran 100% lambswool short cardigan in navy & grey stripes with sequins on the front.
    Pretty good condition, a bit bobbly but that's been sorted.
    Will be nice with leggings, it looks great with a pair of grey/navy checked leggings I have (in a sort-of 'off-the-wall Pollycat style). :cool:

It's currently keeping my peas company in the freezer. :D
  • tessie_bear
    tessie_bear Posts: 4,898 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    hope you find them v4m j and j is new to me but the designs iv looked at on line are lovely

hope do you shift bobbles if you don't mind me asking ? I might be able to use that knowledge ;)

got dh a marvel spiderman tshirt for a quid in pdsa and myself 3 tops...craghoppers/warehouse/ mand s pound each in cr

congratulations lucy hope shes not playing you up xx
    onwards and upwards
  • dolly84
    dolly84 Posts: 5,851 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Last week I saw a lovely M&S coat, navy blue with royal blue and off white broken checks, it's boucle and 50% wool, it is a sort of overcoat style, it was £4.99 but DD hated it so I left it. Anyway I popped back this morning and it was on the sale rail for £1.99, due to the warmer weather I expect. It is now mine.
    Debt Free and now a saver, conscious consumer, low waste lifestyler

Fashion on the Ration 28/66
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family