New iPhones

Options

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    Options
    Strange how you never get people who have spent over a grand on a mobile phone (for those who buy it outright or even more over a 2 or 3 year contract) saying I hate it and feel ripped off. It's almost like they have to justify paying for it. Surely not the case? :)
  • adonis10
    adonis10 Posts: 1,810 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    GTR_King wrote: »
    I would love to get the XS but bit to expensive at the moment

I am due an upgrade but £70-£80 a month no thanks

With cashback deals you can get one starting at around £52-53/month so a good chunk less than £70-80.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Due an upgrade. What a phrase that is!
  • mobilejunkie
    mobilejunkie Posts: 8,460 Forumite
    Options
    Due an upgrade. What a phrase that is!

Methinks someone should sit down and write a dictionary for the gullible.
  • Dalston
    Options
    I've got an iPhone 7 128GB and it's fine for my needs. My mum got an iPhone XS 256 GB (she loves taking pics and videos, hence got massive storage). I don't see much of a difference between them her phone and my phone in terms of speed. The iPhone 7 is still a good phone for todays standards, Her screen is slightly better, louder sound, and a much better camera. Is it worth the £1150 price tag? I don't think so. I think it's way over priced.
  • westy23
    westy23 Posts: 207 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Morning all
    Just treated myself to a new sim free iPhone Xs after having a iPhone 6 for 4 years.
    A much faster and nicer device to use.
    Am on a sim only deal from three 30gb data,unlimited calls and text inc 30gb of tethering.
    Is it worth £999?
    Thats easy to answer really.
    Am working full time, I can afford it, I like a gadget and most importantly i TREATED myself.
  • Chino
    Chino Posts: 2,029 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    westy23 wrote: »
    Is it worth £999?
    Thats easy to answer really.
    Indeed it is. No. Not by any stretch of the imagination.
  • its_all_over
    Options
    Dalston wrote: »
    I've got an iPhone 7 128GB and it's fine for my needs. My mum got an iPhone XS 256 GB (she loves taking pics and videos, hence got massive storage). I don't see much of a difference between them her phone and my phone in terms of speed.

I’m not sure how you are seeing that, I’ve just moved from a iPhone 7 to a iPhone XS and the speed difference on the newer phone is easily noticeable.
  • fred246
    fred246 Posts: 3,620 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I might get an iphone one day if I get advanced dementia. Can't imagine any other reason why I would buy one.
  • its_all_over
    Options
    fred246 wrote: »
    I might get an iphone one day if I get advanced dementia. Can't imagine any other reason why I would buy one.

Why do you feel the need to try and make an argument between iPhone and Android users? It seems like a really childish attitude to have, Fred.

It’s probably much more adult to realise that some people like iPhones with iOS and some people like phones with Android and they are both very good operating systems with strengths and weaknesses.

Isn’t one of the forum rules to be nice to other posters? Maybe it’s something to think about when thinking about posting in a trolling manner in a thread for the other operating system’s phone again :).
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure