NST - Amazing Aperire

Options

Comments

• Jo_Blogs
    Jo_Blogs Posts: 753 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud! Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Good morning everyone :)

Great going with all the NSDs :T

Today will be NSD No. 17 for me. I passed my monthly goal of 15, and seem to be more than happy to carry on :);)

Wishing you all a peaceful, blessed, and inspirational NSDay ;)
    Saved Nitty Gritty £7440.75 [149%] / £5000-[Sep] £58.44:starmod: for the 'Save 12k in 2017' #157
    2017 Womble #35 £3463.27 ;)Sept NSDs 4/15:staradminCCCChl 9/12 months:D
    Sept PPChl#002 Pts 71
  • misstara
    misstara Posts: 3,880 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Yesterday was NSD 10/16 :D. Today definitely won't be, we're going shopping after work to get things for the garden.
    Debt Dec 2022 - £2972.68. Current debt - £0 (100% paid). Flat deposit - £10552.61/£15000 (70.4% saved). Emergency fund - £1437.01/£1500 (95.8% saved).
  • crazy_cat_lady
    crazy_cat_lady Posts: 7,063 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning all :coffee:
    Looking forward today as I'm off to visit one of my best friends :D It won't be a nsd but it will be worth the spending. I'm pleased to be on 8 nsd's as we've been away. Things will be tight for the rest of the month so I will have an enforced increase in nsd's.
    Finally got some schoolwork done so slept better last night. Still plenty to be getting on with though :(
    Other than that, life is just ticking along quietly and nicely as I like it.
    Apple - need to know about your knitted bees :D
  • thriftylass
    thriftylass Posts: 3,981 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    edited 19 April 2017 at 10:18AM
    Options
    No need to apologise.
    Before you went away you mentioned having a chat with DH as you had just found out how much he earned - is this connected in any way to you having to lend him money?
    Does he earn more or less than you think?
    Why do you have to lend him money when he has run out - can you not just let him suffer?:D

Well it's either that or put petrol in the car myself :o. BTW he earns more than me. It hasn't happened in the last two months as things have changed, however we have DH brother's wedding coming up and he paid for the wedding present out of his wages (£250 towards a camper hire for their honey moon) rather than take it out of the savings (sorry should've explained), which are gone again anyway due to the washing machine.

However, a positive thing. Another family debt will be paid of next month and then only £1300 to go on one more debt :T.

Today will be another SFD, lunch to work (DH has been really good with that lately) and gym.

Oh and not sure if I mentioned it before, but our mortgage appeared in my banking app now (comes out of DH wages but is with my bank), so hopefully from autumn I'll be over paying that too.

Onwards and upwards in baby step
    DEBT 09/23: CC 6347 5120, Other 1763 NSDs 0/20 Planned debt free date: Dec 2024
  • Toni'sfriend
    Toni'sfriend Posts: 4,035 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Well, I thought I'd done all the washing until I entered "The Bedroom". Two loads plus bedding later and it's finally done. All washed, dried outside and just ironed now and put away. Did spend but on items for son's lunches and dinners for next couple of weeks. Made an appointment with a local hairdresser for next Tuesday (discount day) so I'll see how that goes. Got to be better than it is just now.
    On my own today so off out for a walk just now and then some serious cleaning:(
    Enjoy your day,
    Have adventures. laugh a lot and always be kind.
  • abundant1972
    abundant1972 Posts: 1,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Morning everyone!

Today I am grateful for:
    • Sunshine!!!
    • A day off to get myself out and about
    • Lovely birdsong outside
    Yesterday = NSD number 8
    Today = NSD number 9

f0xh0les - Thanks for your kind comments! I think the lottery is probably a way of life for a lot of people. The whole 'you have to be in it to win it' was a great slogan to keep people hoping!!!

I'll be going to the gym in a bit and for a walk - but my wallet is staying firmly at home. Car booked in for next week, and balancing budget and clearing stuff today.
    Have an awesome day folks!!!
    DFD = August 2027 @ £250/month
    Follow your heart & be true to yourself always
    My life is full of abundance and prosperity
    NST Feb: Food & Spends = £216.51 / £290.00 NSD = 1 /15
    Be kind - Eat well - Exercise - Be mindful
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Urgh - the lottery! :( - can't persuade my OH to stop doing it - spends c. £250 p.a. on it + the small winnings (which is the only sort he's ever had) are ploughed back in. I'd rather he stopped, but he wont have any of it :(

NSD today - nipped out to PO to post a survey item (no cost) and into Tesc0 to return some boxers bought for DS3 (he doesn't like the design). Other than that haven't done much - woke up feeling washed out, so have just done things like washing, ironing. Made a loaf of bread and some reasonably healthy muffins, spent half an hour with DS2 tidying his room (more visible progress - yeay!), made some laundry gloop and priced up some more things for NNS. And that's about it! Must try and be more productive tomorrow - the week is just flying by. Ooh - did sow some sunflower seeds and a tray of lettuce seeds too :):) - and prune a huge rosemary bush back as it's green garden bin day tomorrow :)

Today I am grateful for:
    * a lazy day
    * time spent watching the birds in the garden with DD
    * DS2 still being in good humour about tidying his room - and actually getting rid of some things :D
    x
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • apple_muncher
    apple_muncher Posts: 14,711 Forumite
    First Anniversary Mortgage-free Glee! First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    I had to forego picking up a shiny penny today - I was cycling uphill on a rather busy road and just couldn't stop. Boo!

Anyhow, today I am grateful for my legs getting me to and from work (c. 12 miles and not flat), for a lovely hot bath when I arrived home, for a sunny day, for catching up with some friends, for tea from the freezer, for fresh bedding, for dd passing her recent maths test and moving up a level to silver, for having time to whizz up some cakes for dd, for a pretty notebook being a pleasure to use, for the home saying that theybwould be keeping mum there - mega phew.
    NST March lion #8; NSD ; MFW9/3/23 Whoop Whoop!!!
  • greent
    greent Posts: 10,671 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    , for the home saying that theybwould be keeping mum there - mega phew.

Glad to hear that xx
    I am the master of my fate; I am the captain of my soul
    Repaid mtge early (orig 11/25) 01/09 £124616 01/11 £89873 01/13 £52546 01/15 £12133 07/15 £NIL
    Net sales 2024: £20
  • SkintTeacher
    Options
    No more NSDs yet but I'll catch more once I'm back at work.

Been keeping up the exercise which does mean less time on here but I've enjoyed reading all your posts.

I hope everyone can enjoy the spring sunshine and not beat themselves up too much about dips.

Speak soon! Skinty x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport