PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

September 2008 Grocery Challenge. Please read first two posts.

Options

Comments

• angelnikki
    Options
    cammumof3 wrote: »
    sorry that was me,
    I do have a habit to talk al ot lol, I think my posts were on topic thou, sorry if they wasn't.

Regardless of whether they were on topic or not, if we all posted 11 times in a day this thread would be a nightmare to follow. If we all did that there would be over 3300 posts a day!!!

I was doing the list the last couple of months but had to give it back to MrsM this month as I just cant keep up any more. And loads of others struggle too. I'm only skim reading the september thread to see if anyone declares their august total on here. Once everyone has declared I'm not going to be taking part anymore as it is just too much for me.

Nikki
    :A
  • cammumof3
    Options
    Just a quick note to say thank you to any one who has helped/adviced me
    Caz
    July 185.19/200/Aug=170.25//200//sept=81.24/200. 2adults,3 kids + 2 dogs.
    my home page=3.45.Sealed challenge pot=NO-276.
    BOGOF's=16.94/whoopsi=13.12/vouchers=7.70/Wilko's saving stamp 24 pounds/2 pound pot ?count 1/12/08
    Daily Clicks=27.96
  • leebarton
    Options

Seriously considering one of these
    http://www2.westfalia.net/shops/household/kitchen/cooking_desiccating_grilling/desiccating_appliances/193811-food_dehydrator.htm
    what do you think ??
    I've ordered one this morning, especially at that price :j

I didn't know you could buy these! I bought one today too! I work with chocolate and often end up with leftover fruit so I think I would get a lot of use out of it. I just hope it is easy to use! :-)
    First Direct Loan @ 7.9% £13,076.03/£20,250
    Mint CC @ 18.9% £3030.29/£3100 Virgin CC @ 34.9% £651.46/£2700 Tesco CC @ 0% 1366/1500

Proud to be dealing with my debts :D - Official DFW Nerd No. 250
  • redmel1621
    redmel1621 Posts: 6,002 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hi All

I cannot believe we are on page 25 already!!!!! I have been away for the weekend so will catch up on past posts gradually over the next day or so...

I had to cancel my tesco delivery as we well overspent at Legoland and eating out over the weekend, So I have £30 to last us until Friday (when I get paid) and I will try and keep it down over next weekend too.

Dh starts Uni in sept and we also have loads of baby stuff to buy before March so things are going to be tight..I also want to get my debts paid off asap. I have managed to build up a little stock of meat in the freezer so that will see us through this week any way.

Good Luck to everyone on the challenge!

Mel x
    Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot,
    Nothing is going to get better. It's not.
  • PetitePeche
    Options
    Please can I join this challenge at £250 for September.

I failed miserably during August ... hey ho ... new start this month.
  • fuzzyfelt_2
    Options
    Hi everyone. I'm stuggling to keep up with this thread - everytime I come back it seems to have had babies! Anyway, would have been a NSD today for me if the milkman had delivered our milk this morning. First time in about 4 years that he's missed a delivery, so I can't complain that much. Anyway, to avoid temptation at the supermarket, I picked up some milk from the petrol station (Morrisons) on my way home (petrol is covered by a different budget).:D

Dinner was couscous with roast veg and halloumi cheese (yum). HM focaccia stuffed with brie and roast veg for lunch tomorrow. Tomorrow night will be HM pizza , pizza leftovers cold for Wednesday lunch. Meals are planned for the rest of the week.:D

Off to have a go at knocking up some custard cookie dough.;)

Fingers crossed, I should have a few NSDs ahead!
    GC May £178/£250 NSD
  • salster
    salster Posts: 175 Forumite
    Options
    NSD for me today. :j
    Aiming to be Debt free by October 2013 :D
  • belfastgirl23
    Options
    angelnikki wrote: »
    Regardless of whether they were on topic or not, if we all posted 11 times in a day this thread would be a nightmare to follow. If we all did that there would be over 3300 posts a day!!!

I was doing the list the last couple of months but had to give it back to MrsM this month as I just cant keep up any more. And loads of others struggle too. I'm only skim reading the september thread to see if anyone declares their august total on here. Once everyone has declared I'm not going to be taking part anymore as it is just too much for me.

Nikki

I know what you mean Nikki, I've been feeling guilty because I pop in to post but I just read the posts on the page that I post on rather than keeping up with the thread these days. And I do miss it. I wonder if we should think about having two separate GC threads (like they do with the tesco codes) - one of which is posting totals and directly useful info (eg milk on half price at tesco type stuff) and the other of which is GC chat? It is very very hard to keep up with the speed of the thread these days. And I'm not sure whether this is part of the reason that I'm slightly demotivated? Not meant to be a dig or a flame at anyone btw, we all have different reasons for being part of the thread, all of which are equally valid, but perhaps the time has come to do it in a slightly different way to meet different sets of needs? Any views anyone? Or would there be a better way of splitting the thread up a bit?
  • Cheapskate
    Cheapskate Posts: 1,757 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Dear MrsM
    Please put me down for £100 a week (can I do it weekly?).
    Had a DREADFUL August, everything went pear-shaped & my £400ish budget went to £500 (at least!). Really need to get a grip - finances biting now, so thought I'd do things weekly like I used to when the older kids were little. Found it easier then & I have little storage space for buying huge packs or large numbers of things. Going back to basics with cooking, using up oddments & leftovers & will try to have at least one NSD a week - that's going to be a first! :)
    Thanks MrsM, & thanks in advance for any ideas anyone cares to offer!
    Anna x
    Jan 2021 GC £11.70/£300
    2021 mission declutter& clean 53/2021
    Jan NSD 7/31
  • Girl_least_likely_to
    Options
    Just wanted to thank to those have wished me well :)

My tesco delivery cost me £84 this morning. Most of it is in the freezer and I've counted at least 25 meat meals in there. Stocked up on lots of things so I won't have to worry about whether I've got stuff in when the morning sickness kicks in, just worry about whether I can face the stuff I cook :rolleyes: .

Also I popped out to my local village to get some milk which I'd forgetton to order with Tesco (my memory is going already :o ) and got some bargain blueberries, raspberries and figs from the greengrocers so that was another £6.

£90 of my budget already gone but nearly all evening meals catered for :D

Thanks Angelnikki for looking after things over the past couple of months, you've done a fab job :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure