Future Energy Administration

Options

Comments

• PappaB2019
    PappaB2019 Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2019 at 11:37AM
    Options
    Hi All

I have just received an email from '{Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}', offering me a 50% discount off my 'estimated' balance if I pay it off between today and 31.1.19. I have posted previously about my issues with FE. She states 'This offer is limited to the timeframe above subsequently no further payment arrangements will be offered and the full balance will become immediately payable'. Just wondering if anyone has had this email and what's your views.

Thanks guys
  • Leesahlou
    Leesahlou Posts: 1 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2019 at 11:37AM
    Options
    We too have been given an estimated bill based on estimated energy consumption from CDS of around £1000+ to then be offered a 50% discount from “{Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}”.

We have refused to pay until the bill is accurate (as we estimate around £100-£200 is owed) but frightened this will negatively impact our credit file.

What should we do?
  • UniquelyJoanna
    UniquelyJoanna Posts: 2 Newbie
    edited 7 March 2019 at 11:34AM
    Options
    PappaB2019 wrote: »
    Hi All

I have just received an email from '{Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}', offering me a 50% discount off my 'estimated' balance if I pay it off between today and 31.1.19. I have posted previously about my issues with FE. She states 'This offer is limited to the timeframe above subsequently no further payment arrangements will be offered and the full balance will become immediately payable'. Just wondering if anyone has had this email and what's your views.

Thanks guys

Had the same. Have written a physical letter (had no reply and they said they hadn't seen it) plus countless emails.

My 'bill' is just under £500.
    Oddly, a very similar amount to that which Green Star billed me initially.

My complaints are as follows:

Bill based on estimates.
    I was never informed FE had stopped trading.
    I was never informed my account had been handed to another company.
    CDS have never answered my concerns.
    I paid a similar amount to Green Star initially. Am I being billed twice?
    Texts from {Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team} stating 50% reduction if paid by Jan 31st feel like threats.

The 50% reduction is not explained despite requests.
    FE at no point (even when taking readings) suggested that my (always paid)
    Direct debits were insufficient.

This dispute has been going on for over 7 months.
    CDS communication is risible.

I always reply via email, and have records of these.
    I asked, in my last communication , to raise an official complaint.
    No response except another demand via text today.

What on earth to do?
    How seriously do we take {Personal details removed by MSE Forum Team}'s deadline? I don't want to
    Pay anything until I have answers.
    The 50% reduction offered to everyone who complains seems
    nothing but a last ditch attempt to take money.
  • Debra10
    Options
    My parents got the same letter asking for £432.76 and got a 50% settlement if they pay before the 31st January went to the bank to pay it and got told it was a scam. Not sure wat to do, I have seen on here this has happened to alot of people. On the letter it says you can pay over the phone, but when I spoke to them they said you have to pay by bank or online, got a bit suspicious. Need to look into this more before it gets paid or not..
  • AlanNov
    AlanNov Posts: 7 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    edited 6 February 2019 at 8:26PM
    Options
    I have received the CDS Global letter today, they asking to pay £179 for electricity usage after I left Iresa in October 2017, I have managed to log in Iresa portal and downloaded all final bills and meter readings for the period Iresa was supplying me gas/electricity, I will get ready for the fight with that CDS Global tomorrow
  • Mammybear87
    Options
    I just wanted to post on here as I initially looked for some advice as I really didn’t trust CDS at all.

They got in touch with me claiming that I owed £677, their reason was that Future Energy hadn’t charged me enough for the energy, so even though I knew my bills were settled with them they said the administrators had been working out what I should have been paying - sounded like rubbish to me. Plus I’d had nothing in writing to explain how this was worked out and seemed an extortionate amount even if it was true! It also seemed suspect that they were offering me a 50% discount if I paid by a certain date - if that money was genuinely owed then how could they let me off with over £300?!
    Anyway, I went through all my old emails with future energy and green star and found the bill from green star which showed the credit passed from Future Energy and an email from green star (is queried the bill as I didn’t understand it) that confirmed that the credit had been added from what was on my account with FE and then the charge that was paid back to them when Green Star received my final bill from FE. I sent both of these to CDS who now say they are satisfied and have closed the account.
    So in my eyes all of the accounts should have been dealt with the same by Green Star and if CDS are chasing you for money I would have a chat with Green Star them to confirm if they have settled the FE bill for you or not as it will be in their records.
    I just know how close I was to just paying to get them off my back and hope that others have argued it like I have. I really don’t know where they are getting their figures from, don’t trust it at all!!
  • Time_Sprout
    Options
    CDS were written to many times to both state what bodies govern their activities e.g. Financial Services etc but they have refused to reply to any letter, even when they all included a GDPR instruction that has to - by law - be answered within 1 month for the electric & gas readings. They were told we only accept letter responses from them as these can be sent to Ombudsman etc but they only sent an e-mail saying to e-mail or phone them as they are paperless. So what, we are NOT paperless and letters can be photocopied with letter heads as proof of authenticity when sent to Ombudsman. The Information Commissioner Office has a complaint under refusal for GDPR compliance by CDS. If anyone knows who governs CDS please reply; is it Financial Services, Financial Conduct Authority or anyone else? A relative was with Future Energy 19 months, paid monthly direct debit but CDS are claiming 8 years worth of electric bills for that period as outstanding.
  • Time_Sprout
    Options
    The Information Commissioner's Office has now upheld complaints against CDS for refusing a GDPR request for meter reads (CDS just never responded at all to our letters) and similar for Green Star who were trying the same trick of fairy tale bills and refusing to give the alleged meter reads they used. PLEASE use the GDPR and make a request to CDS for all data on you/your address and give CDS some hassle back and hopefully a £500,000 fine from the information Commissioner.
  • andrew_waters
    Options
    After 18 months of wrangling with CDS and having more helpful discussions with the administrators, my bill has dropped from £635 to £95! In that period however, I had multiple threats from CDS and ended up having to disconnect my ‘phone , how do CDS get away with it !
  • emi2006
    Options
    So after reading these comments looks like I’m another victim of the CDS estimated bill scam! Like others I was contacted sept 18 with an estimated bill of £327.55!! I contacted them and was advised I would be sent a break down of my usage... still waiting! I contacted them via email and phone calls still no response! Earlier this week I recieved another text asking me to contact them. So today I rang and actually got through to someone (wish I hadn’t) I spoke to a very rude lady. I explained the situation and said I was yet to receive a breakdown of my usage, her reply I can assure you yes you have...! I said I had not received anything. She then went on to say I wouldn’t receive anything in post as they were ‘paperless company’ so I asked why I was advised I’d be getting breakdown in post she basically said I was lying as this would never happen! I then asked what my final bill was wait for it.... £1727!!! 😤😤😤 I said how was that possible it had gone UP from the original £327.55!!??? She said I gave meter readings so that is now the bill! I have NEVER given any readings! I asked when and how I’d given them and her reply was “well I don’t know but you did!” I asked her as all phone calls are recorded I want proof I gave this and I asked for her to resend the calculated bill. After ending call I have a bill and get this it has meter readings on opening and closing for gas and electric which are exactly the same EXACTLY! It is completely made up!! I’ve since rang green star and asked for every meter read I ever gave them. The lady was very helpful and even said she thinks I should go to citizen advise and not ring CDS anymore!
    I don’t know what to do I’m happy to pay for what I owe! I thought the £327 was wrong but omg nearly £1800!! No way! Any help please has anybody still not paid? I wasn’t offered the 50% reduction like some were?? I’m really worried!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure