I want to stop drowning

Options

Comments

• enthusiasticsaver
    enthusiasticsaver Posts: 15,594 Ambassador
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    debtaghh wrote: »
    Me and my mum do feel the cold... think we must have circulation issues. Both covered in layers and freezing even with the heating on.

My DH and DD1 are the same. Exercise helps and warm drinks although of course boiling a kettle constantly is counter productive if you are trying to keep costs low. How about going over your mums house instead and using her heating?
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    debtaghh Posts: 1,794 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I hardly go to my mum's . I've been once this year. My parents aren't very hospitable. They never have food in and make it a nightmare if you go around. The one time I did go this year there wasn't even milk.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    I hardly go to my mum's . I've been once this year. My parents aren't very hospitable. They never have food in and make it a nightmare if you go around. The one time I did go this year there wasn't even milk.

Do you like having them over to yours? If not maybe don't be afraid to be less hospitable like not turning the heaters on to keep your mum happy.
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Debt free Wannabe, Budgeting and Banking and Savings and Investment boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I don't mind but have moaned that I can't go bankrupt for them
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning lovely,

Hope you're feeling a bit better about things today?

Always here if you want a moan :) xx
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Thanks purple.

I'm feeling a lot better thanks... might have something to do with being off work;)
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Thanks purple.

I'm feeling a lot better thanks... might have something to do with being off work;)

I love being off work...shame that I can't do it permanently :rotfl:
  • debtaghh
    Options
    I love being off work...shame that I can't do it permanently :rotfl:[/QUOTE:rotfl:
  • debtaghh
    Options
    Morning,

I've had quite a productive week at home with getting jobs done that have been on my list for far too long. With regards to the work front it's been hinted that I ask too many questions. I am a natural worrier and do ask lots of questions but in all fairness my role has developed and I have taken on new responsibilities and not properly been shown what to do. I feel I can't win, if I don't ask then I could do it wrong but if I do ask I get criticised. Not really sure what the answer is.

I am really proud of myself for how well I'm doing mentally. This time last year there would have been no way I could have started a job. I'm going to keep focussing on that.

Off to do some Christmas shopping today :D

Have a lovely weekend.
  • enthusiasticsaver
    Options
    Sounds like you have been busy and you should be really proud of how far you have come. Working after being out of the workplace for a long time must be tough and I am guessing lack of confidence is why you worry a lot and ask lots of questions. That will get better with time and personally I would have thought asking questions to check rather than make mistakes is better so I would carry on as you are.

Do you take notes? I used to find with one of the positions I held with lots of varied responsibilities, some of which were not done regularly I found it helpful to make notes on my PC on first doing them to remind me of things to check when doing them next time. Otherwise if it was a few months before doing that particular task again I would forget if not doing all the time. I just used to refer to those before tackling it next time rather than ask a colleague.

I can't believe it is Christmas shopping time again but I guess it is now November. I have done nothing. I am decorating our kitchen today as we are having a new one installed at the moment. Enjoy your shopping. My advice is go armed with a list and stick to a budget rather than just pick things up. Also have an idea what to get and check prices online first.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback