Slimming Through The Winter - Slimming World Support Thread 2018

Options

Comments

• ruby_eskimo
    ruby_eskimo Posts: 4,529 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Evening all! Defintely going to have to try that trick with the mushrooms bubbs, they look amazing and well done on the loss dustydigger!

Having another successful on plan day today:

B - Porridge (HEB & HEA), blueberries, golden syrup (2 syns)
    L - LO Turkey, mushroom and courgette risotto
    D - LO Sausage Casserole (2 heck paprika sausages, butter beans, carrots, tinned tomatoes, peppers, 0.5 syns), potato wedges
    S - Christmas truffle (5 syns, just to be on the safe side)
    Emergency Fund - £7992.62 / £10,000 :: Total Mortgage OP - £34,692
    LISA 24/25 - £0 / £4000 :: NSD 2024 - 13 / 180 :: Moving Fund: £838.83 :: Decluttering - 143 / 365
    Engaged 9th December 2010 :: Married 29th October 2015 :: Bought a House 13th January 2017
  • VALM
    VALM Posts: 5,843 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hellow everyone, can I join in too please. I'll aim for 21lbs by 4th March. I've around 5 stone to lose (how'd that happen??). Meal and exercise plan done, it's sticking to it that's the problem. Started back on SW today and the plan is:
    B: Egg Muffins
    L: Tuna & Quinoa Salad
    D: Lemony pasta with greens (from the latest mag). Snacks are fruit and HEA will either be cheese or milk. HEB = Alpen bars.

Good luck everyone x

How was the Lemony Pasta? I fancy making that dish.
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • VALM
    Options
    joedenise wrote: »
    Baked almond oats recipe

40g porridge oats (just the cheap basic ones are fine)
    1 egg
    sweetner to taste (you'll need to syn if you put in a Tbs or more)
    natural fat free yoghurt
    almond extract/essence

Put it all in a basin and mix it all together. Put into a small dish or 2 muffin holes (I use a silicon muffin pan but if you use a metal one you'll need to spray with Frylight). Sprinkle 5g of flaked almonds on top.

Cook on about 190 for 30-35 minutes. I usually turn the tray round after about 20 minutes.

Leave to cool slightly then service with some more yoghurt or quark (prefer quark) and some fruit. Enjoy:D.

I didn't have fruit with mine today as I haven't got any left and refuse to go shopping as going on holiday Friday morning!

I find them much more filling than just a bowl of porridge and don't like overnight oats, find them a bit claggy!

SSM is right LO is left overs.

Denise

Thanks for this x
    Back for the No Buying Toiletries challenge. I pledge to only buy when I run out of a product that is not already in my stash no matter what wonderful emails land in in my Inbox or threads I read on MSE re: glitches!

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • Nicki
    Nicki Posts: 8,166 Forumite
    Options
    Well done dustydigger.

Good day today

Breakfast: porridge with milk, tsp honey, banana (HEA, HEB, 2 syns)
    Lunch: Baked potato, tuna in brine, butter (2 syns) salad
    Dinner: pasta with chicken bacon and spinach

I've also realised that I don't actually need or enjoy the honey with the porridge any more so that will be 2 syns per day saved going forward.
  • VALM
    Options
    I can't remember if I posted my menu today but here goes :-

BF Branflakes and semi skimmed milk HEA and B
    Snack : banana
    Lunch : HM WW curried veg soup
    Snack : grapes
    Tea: Steak chilli from last SW mag and salsa

Syns will be contained in cappuccino and Green & Blacks bar later 6.5

NSV today. I bought a top from M&S before Christmas and at that time tried on a similar one however opted for the first one as it was more dressy. Tried both in size 16. Saw that the second one was in the sale but smallest size available was 14. Ordered it as incentive. It has arrived today and fits though it pulls just a little across my chest. So chuffed.

SPC Member 046
    £2. Challenge member 55
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    VALM wrote: »
    I can't remember if I posted my menu today but here goes :-

BF Branflakes and semi skimmed milk HEA and B
    Snack : banana
    Lunch : HM WW curried veg soup
    Snack : grapes
    Tea: Steak chilli from last SW mag and salsa

Syns will be contained in cappuccino and Green & Blacks bar later 6.5

NSV today. I bought a top from M&S before Christmas and at that time tried on a similar one however opted for the first one as it was more dressy. Tried both in size 16. Saw that the second one was in the sale but smallest size available was 14. Ordered it as incentive. It has arrived today and fits though it pulls just a little across my chest. So chuffed.
    :T:T:T well done on NSV
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
  • lushlifesaver
    lushlifesaver Posts: 2,375 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    evening all - had a pack of monster munch at work; 22g so 5.5syn

ended up with a ham, mushroom and spinach omelette for tea with 2 syn light mayo

not had heb yet. may just have a hifi light with a final cuppa

I've decided that 2018 is the year for true self care...next week I'm going to an open rehearsal of a local singing group. i love singing but haven't sung in front of people for years! so as that's at the same time as sw I'm going to move to a Tuesday weigh in. also changing to a different group as the lass that does my nails from time to time has opened one tonight!

does anyone know if there will be a new countdown offer soon?
    Daughter born 26/03/14
    Son born 13/02/21
  • Sunshinemummy
    Sunshinemummy Posts: 17,377 Forumite
    Options
    beanielou wrote: »
    bubbs~~you must spend a lot of money on food.
    Sometimes I cant have what I want as I cant afford it.
    bubbs wrote: »
    I am a member of the Elite thread;) I spend roughly £150 a month for 2 if that, but always have price guarantees and my cupboards are over flowing and my freezers full even though i wanted at least one empty this week

Beanie, if me and bubbs can do it, you can.
  • beanielou
    beanielou Posts: 90,561 Ambassador
    Academoney Grad I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper
    Options
    My main problem bubbs is that I live in a villiage with only a Sainsbugs and have to travel at least 10 miles for an Aldi & more for the other supermarkados.
    I am a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on Mortgage Free Wannabe & Local Money Saving Scotland & Disability Money Matters. If you need any help on those boards, do let me know.Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any post you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button , or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own & not the official line of Money Saving Expert.

Lou~ Debt free Wanabe No 55 DF 03/14.**Credit card debt free 30/06/10~** MFW. Finally mortgage free O2/ 2021****
    "A large income is the best recipe for happiness I ever heard of" Jane Austen in Mansfield Park.

***Fall down seven times,stand up eight*** ~~Japanese proverb.
    ***Keep plodding*** Out of debt, out of danger. ***Be the difference.***
    One debt remaining. Home improvement loan.
  • bubbs
    bubbs Posts: 66,950 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    evening all - had a pack of monster munch at work; 22g so 5.5syn

ended up with a ham, mushroom and spinach omelette for tea with 2 syn light mayo

not had heb yet. may just have a hifi light with a final cuppa

I've decided that 2018 is the year for true self care...next week I'm going to an open rehearsal of a local singing group. i love singing but haven't sung in front of people for years! so as that's at the same time as sw I'm going to move to a Tuesday weigh in. also changing to a different group as the lass that does my nails from time to time has opened one tonight!

does anyone know if there will be a new countdown offer soon?
    New countdown end of the month xx
    Sealed pot challenge number 003 £350 for 2015, 2016 £400 Actual£345, £400 for 2017 Actual £500:T:T £770 for 2018 £1295 for 2019:j:j spc number 22 £1,457Stopped Smoking 22/01/15:D:D::dance::dance:- 5 st 1 1/2lb :dance::dance:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure