HSBC Uswitch £175 offer

Options

Comments

• Andyjflet
    Andyjflet Posts: 554 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    Ftba.d wrote: »
    Thanks for your help Gary and eskbanker!

I have made the switch , or should I say , started the application process .

I honestly couldn’t stick with Barclays after my recent experience as it would go against every moral fibre of my being...

Just done the same, applied and accepted today, initially accepted a £3k overdraft just in case there are any hickups with DD on transfer, then I'll reduce that. Barclays lost my business after a recent argument and they showed know loyalty after 36 years.

So I'm switching to HSBC then will eventually move to First Direct. Looking forward to £175 next month.
    Baby Step 6/7 - £63000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Andyjflet wrote: »
    Just done the same, applied and accepted today, initially accepted a £3k overdraft just in case there are any hickups with DD on transfer, then I'll reduce that. Barclays lost my business after a recent argument and they showed know loyalty after 36 years.

So I'm switching to HSBC then will eventually move to First Direct. Looking forward to £175 next month.

I'm a little annoyed. I've applied twice now and still heard nothing. I've got sufficient salary in a job that I've had for over 7 years, and lived at the same address for many years, I seriously can't think of any reason why they may not be actioning my application.

I'm not even getting an application rejected message, so really don't know. I've spent over an hour waiting on their customer service number and still nothing.
  • charltonfan1
    Options
    TClite wrote: »
    so reading that, I assume as long as we applied for the account before the deadline then we are good, provided we then do the switch within 30 days of course.

Also, I could then setup 2 standing orders from my donor account to pay 2 of my other accounts a fixed amount and that will do? I take it standing orders are setup immediately instead of the direct debits which will take a week or so?

Yes SOs much quicker than DDs and can be to yourself
  • TClite
    TClite Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    they did this to me back in 2017 when I applied for their switching offer. Went through fine online, didnt hear from them until months later saying they were sorry and that they were working through a backlog due to the incentive. So I wouldnt hold your hopes of getting an account any time soon let alone the offer.
  • techno79
    Options
    they did this to me back in 2017 when I applied for their switching offer. Went through fine online, didnt hear from them until months later saying they were sorry and that they were working through a backlog due to the incentive. So I wouldnt hold your hopes of getting an account any time soon let alone the offer.

But this doesn't make sense, as my partner who applied at the same time as me got confirmation within 48 hours via email and SMS. They've now gotten their bank card already and I haven't even gotten the confirmation email/SMS.
  • TClite
    TClite Posts: 53 Forumite
    Options
    techno79 wrote: »
    But this doesn't make sense, as my partner who applied at the same time as me got confirmation within 48 hours via email and SMS. They've now gotten their bank card already and I haven't even gotten the confirmation email/SMS.

yeah my girlfriend got her confirmation even though she did it the day after mine.
  • Andyjflet
    Andyjflet Posts: 554 Forumite
    Photogenic First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    techno79 wrote: »
    I'm a little annoyed. I've applied twice now and still heard nothing. I've got sufficient salary in a job that I've had for over 7 years, and lived at the same address for many years, I seriously can't think of any reason why they may not be actioning my application.

I'm not even getting an application rejected message, so really don't know. I've spent over an hour waiting on their customer service number and still nothing.

I got an approved application message on the page but still to receive an email, probably a backlog on applications.
    Baby Step 6/7 - £63000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
  • techno79
    Options
    yeah my girlfriend got her confirmation even though she did it the day after mine.

Pretty much same as me. My partner and I applied at the same time (I actually applied about 2 hours before her). She's gotten SMS/email confirmation and already got her bank card. I haven't even got any confirmation. If there's a backlog, then they're not dealing with them in the order that they've been received.
  • badger09
    badger09 Posts: 11,211 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Andyjflet wrote: »
    I got an approved application message on the page but still to receive an email, probably a backlog on applications.

Have you checked your Spam/Junk folder?
  • TinyLittleMissy
    Options
    I was just having a nosey at this thread and can see a lot of questions regarding the switch process. I applied to switch at the end of July, purely to get the £175 bonus. 5 days after the application I hadn't received a confirmation email, so I applied again (assuming the application didn't go through). Then a card appeared in the post and without any warning or paperwork the switch process started on 5th August. The switch itself was relatively pain free but getting my mobile/ telephone & internet banking set up WAS NOT. This took approximately 3 weeks and 2 visits into Glasgow City Centre to my closest branch. However - the £175 bonus was paid just 4 days after the switch date so in my opinion it was worth the pain. I will keep using HSBC for wages and bills (Monzo for everything else) for 6 months then I'll switch again.

My one piece of advice would be - do not fill out the memorable data information on the paperwork provided (in my case after the switch happened). This can be done in a branch and is instant as long as you haven't sent the paperwork already.

Hopefully this helps and good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport