HSBC Uswitch £175 offer

Options

Comments

• Andyjflet
    Options
    Mines all up and running now, switching date TBC
    Baby Step 6/7 - £63000 saved for emergency fund DEBT FREE !!!
  • smipsy
    smipsy Posts: 203 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    smipsy wrote: »
    i applied online on the 13th of august. i didn't have to wait for anything, they just told me online that i was accepted, and got my card and stuff after three days or so.

switch officially finished on the 28th, with my old account gone.

i didn't get the money yet, but when i do I'll update here, so that people have some sort of a timeline to compare against

i received my £175 today, 6th of September
  • irvin38aa
    Options
    Received my £175 today too. Just now in fact. Wasn’t showing earlier on today. ��
  • harz99
    harz99 Posts: 3,642 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Home Insurance Hacker!
    Options
    Switch completed 28/8, £175 paid in yesterday 6/9.
  • diceydeb
    diceydeb Posts: 157 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2019 at 7:10PM
    Options
    I applied to switch well before sept 2nd but they faffed about asking me to send my ID to bank in person , bank couldn't do anything as it was done online ! Then I finally got a letter with dome reference no.so took my ID back to bank . they messed up as my card came through with wrong initial ! Had to cancel that card and reorder new one with correct initial ....another wait . still awaiting my pin number ?? Then had a nightmare joining online banking ....typing in countless passwords n keys to get set up on that .....same with the app ! This has been the most tedious switch yet and I've done plenty ! Just hope I get my £175 as I feel I've earnt it ! Though I'm a bit dubious as no mention of it since and my only proof I did before 2nd is a screenshot I took of them saying ' your application was successful' .
    My switch date is not till sept 20th !? Did anyone get their money as long as that applied by 2nd but switch came after ?
  • techno79
    Options
    So if I need to deposit £10,500 over 6 months (which is £1,750 per month), can I do this in one transaction? Use another account to move in £10,500, then the next day move it back out again?

If this works then I'd rather do this (or in as few transactions as possible) so then I don't need to worry about doing anything else. Thoughts?
  • diceydeb
    Options
    Yay my £175 just landed !!
  • vbnmu
    vbnmu Posts: 56 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    So HSBC paid out before I had transferred the £1750 or whatever monthly sum was required. What happens if I don't make the monthly payments?

I switched from NatWest. And have switched from Halifax and B before that. Where to now? Main bank is 1st D.
  • techno79
    techno79 Posts: 354 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Same, I got my £175 too. I've already finished the minimum payments too.
  • MeenaM
    MeenaM Posts: 320 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    I applied online last week , have got my card and pin through , just waiting for the welcome pack with the signature form to send back, i chose 17 October as my switch date my account was opened 30 September , when would i need to pay in the £1750 by? would it be 30 October?
    also i see they just lowered their fixed RS rate from 5 % to 2.75 % ! grrrr

when I get the £175 , if I dont like the bank how long before i could switch elsewhere?

many thanks
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure