Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

HSBC Uswitch £175 offer - Page 5

New Post Advanced Search
We are currently experiencing a high volume of spam and have increased the sensitivity of our spam filters. This could mean that genuine posts may get caught. If you believe this has happened to one of your posts, please email the Forum team on [email protected] As always, we are really grateful for your patience whilst we get this sorted - which we'll do as soon as possible.
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HSBC Uswitch £175 offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
53 replies 4.8K views

Replies

• AndyjfletAndyjflet Forumite
    321 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Mines all up and running now, switching date TBC
    Baby Step 1 - £1350 saved for emergency fund
    Baby Step 2
    M&S Loan £12345.02
    M&S Credit card 0% £3387.14
  • smipsysmipsy Forumite
    133 posts
    smipsy wrote: »
    i applied online on the 13th of august. i didn't have to wait for anything, they just told me online that i was accepted, and got my card and stuff after three days or so.

switch officially finished on the 28th, with my old account gone.

i didn't get the money yet, but when i do I'll update here, so that people have some sort of a timeline to compare against

i received my £175 today, 6th of September
  • irvin38aairvin38aa Forumite
    25 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Received my £175 today too. Just now in fact. Wasn’t showing earlier on today. ��
  • harz99harz99 Forumite
    3.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Home Insurance Hacker!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Switch completed 28/8, £175 paid in yesterday 6/9.
  • edited 10 September 2019 at 7:10PM
    diceydebdiceydeb Forumite
    157 posts
    Ninth Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    edited 10 September 2019 at 7:10PM
    I applied to switch well before sept 2nd but they faffed about asking me to send my ID to bank in person , bank couldn't do anything as it was done online ! Then I finally got a letter with dome reference no.so took my ID back to bank . they messed up as my card came through with wrong initial ! Had to cancel that card and reorder new one with correct initial ....another wait . still awaiting my pin number ?? Then had a nightmare joining online banking ....typing in countless passwords n keys to get set up on that .....same with the app ! This has been the most tedious switch yet and I've done plenty ! Just hope I get my £175 as I feel I've earnt it ! Though I'm a bit dubious as no mention of it since and my only proof I did before 2nd is a screenshot I took of them saying ' your application was successful' .
    My switch date is not till sept 20th !? Did anyone get their money as long as that applied by 2nd but switch came after ?
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • techno79techno79 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    So if I need to deposit £10,500 over 6 months (which is £1,750 per month), can I do this in one transaction? Use another account to move in £10,500, then the next day move it back out again?

If this works then I'd rather do this (or in as few transactions as possible) so then I don't need to worry about doing anything else. Thoughts?
  • diceydebdiceydeb Forumite
    157 posts
    Ninth Anniversary Photogenic Combo Breaker
    Yay my £175 just landed !!
  • vbnmuvbnmu Forumite
    56 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts Combo Breaker
    So HSBC paid out before I had transferred the £1750 or whatever monthly sum was required. What happens if I don't make the monthly payments?

I switched from NatWest. And have switched from Halifax and B before that. Where to now? Main bank is 1st D.
  • techno79techno79 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Same, I got my £175 too. I've already finished the minimum payments too.
  • MeenaMMeenaM Forumite
    320 posts
    Debt-free and Proud!
    I applied online last week , have got my card and pin through , just waiting for the welcome pack with the signature form to send back, i chose 17 October as my switch date my account was opened 30 September , when would i need to pay in the £1750 by? would it be 30 October?
    also i see they just lowered their fixed RS rate from 5 % to 2.75 % ! grrrr

when I get the £175 , if I dont like the bank how long before i could switch elsewhere?

many thanks
    paid off £27,527.47 debt free journey began Nov 2017 DEBT FREE 13.09.2019!! EF £3500/£5000