Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

HSBC Uswitch £175 offer - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

HSBC Uswitch £175 offer

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
53 replies 4.8K views

Replies

• techno79techno79 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I applied for the HSBC account (with £175 bonus) last night, I got the confirmation page that the application went through but I never got a confirmation email. It's now over 15 hours later, and still no email to confirm I've even applied. Is this normal?

The deadline for £175 bonus is coming up soon and I really don't want to miss out on some minor technicality. Any suggestions?
  • If I may hijack your thread to ask another question - as I’m also thinking of switching.

What’s the minimum term to stay at HSBC? I know for Nationwide’s referrals its 3 months. I can’t see anything in the terms.
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    16K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    jeepjunkie wrote: »
    You will need the £175 to pay for a councillor after trying to set up a digital secure key and endless memorable questions........
    Probably worth spending the money on something more therapeutic than a local government official.... ;)
  • This was promoted on this week's MSE bulletin but via money.co.uk for £175

Signed up today for a new account prior to the 2nd Sep deadline.

I didnt get any confirmation emails either
  • Rach273Rach273 Forumite
    56 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    I signed up via the link last week and not heard anything at all yet...
    Mortgage: November 2020 £122,000 September 2017 £135,000
    Debt (0%) £2,650Savings £1,303.56 S&S ISA £793.48
  • Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.
  • techno79techno79 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    Rach273 wrote: »
    I signed up via the link last week and not heard anything at all yet...

Although I only signed up on Monday evening, I haven't received a reply either. I don't know if that is normal or not.
  • TCliteTClite Forumite
    49 posts
    I haven’t got any confirmation yet after setup was a success.
    Funnily enough my girlfriend did having done it after me.

Question

1. Do we need to begin the switching process before the deadline? Or is the fact we have an open account prior to the deadline sufficient and we still get the 30 days to then switch. The reason I’m asking is my direct debits won’t be up and running before the deadline on Monday.

2. What happens if we get our welcome packs after Monday’s deadline but we were approved prior to it.
  • TClite wrote: »
    I haven’t got any confirmation yet after setup was a success.
    Funnily enough my girlfriend did having done it after me.

Question

1. Do we need to begin the switching process before the deadline? Or is the fact we have an open account prior to the deadline sufficient and we still get the 30 days to then switch. The reason I’m asking is my direct debits won’t be up and running before the deadline on Monday.

2. What happens if we get our welcome packs after Monday’s deadline but we were approved prior to it.
    1. I read it as the switch needs to happen within 30 days of the deadline.

Setup standing orders then as its 2 SOs or DDs to qualify and they should be quicker to setup

2. Pass

I got a text this evening from HSBC saying they have received my application and its under review
  • I assume the T&Cs of the Uswitch offer are the same listed here for going via money.co.uk

https://www.moneysavingexpert.com/banking/compare-best-bank-accounts/
  • edited 30 August 2019 at 11:28AM
    TCliteTClite Forumite
    49 posts
    edited 30 August 2019 at 11:28AM
    so reading that, I assume as long as we applied for the account before the deadline then we are good, provided we then do the switch within 30 days of course.

Also, I could then setup 2 standing orders from my donor account to pay 2 of my other accounts a fixed amount and that will do? I take it standing orders are setup immediately instead of the direct debits which will take a week or so?