New Post Advanced Search

HSBC Uswitch £175 offer

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
53 replies 4.8K views

Replies

• irvin38aairvin38aa Forumite
    25 posts
    Part of the Furniture 10 Posts
    Anyone been paid out yet? My switch took place on Thursday. I’ve paid in £2000. Seen on other forums this triggered the payout right away but not in my case.
  • smipsysmipsy Forumite
    133 posts
    i applied online on the 13th of august. i didn't have to wait for anything, they just told me online that i was accepted, and got my card and stuff after three days or so.

switch officially finished on the 28th, with my old account gone.

i didn't get the money yet, but when i do I'll update here, so that people have some sort of a timeline to compare against
  • I got my card and everything today. Registered and all setup online. I don’t see the option to switch? I didn’t do it at the time of registering as the account I was switching didn’t have active direct debits. When I read their switch instructions you need to do it at a local branch? Surely not?
  • Any one done the switch help out?
  • Have people started receiving their payments yet? I opened the account before the 15th August (not sure of exact date as I never got the welcome documents email, only a mail saying my debit card was on it's way a day or two later). I got confirmation my switch was completed successfully on 31st August, I can see my Halifax account is closed and Standing Orders/Payees/Money have transferred over, but so far not sign of the £175. I will wait up to the 30 days but was just curious of other peoples time scales.
  • Sorry I missed your post, can't advise unfortunately as I switched at the time of opening the account. I would recommend giving them a call and seeing if you can speak to the account switching team on the phone, I know Lloyd's used to do this so very likely other banks do too.
    25 posts
    Have people started receiving their payments yet? I opened the account before the 15th August (not sure of exact date as I never got the welcome documents email, only a mail saying my debit card was on it's way a day or two later). I got confirmation my switch was completed successfully on 31st August, I can see my Halifax account is closed and Standing Orders/Payees/Money have transferred over, but so far not sign of the £175. I will wait up to the 30 days but was just curious of other peoples time scales.

Exactly the same dates for me. I also transferred £2k over from another account. No £175 yet. Will give it the 30 days but got a bad feeling about it as numerous over posters on Hot Uk Deals who took up the offer (during previous promotion) had theirs paid immediately upon transferring in more than £1750.
  • Glad I'm not alone! As soon as I hear anything I will update. I read the same posts on HUKD, but overall have found HSBC slow on a few things so hoping it's just the volume of people opening accounts making it slower.
    25 posts
    Glad I'm not alone! As soon as I hear anything I will update. I read the same posts on HUKD, but overall have found HSBC slow on a few things so hoping it's just the volume of people opening accounts making it slower.

Yes, keep us updated. I will do the same. And yes, they have been a little slow on texts and post. Things being setup and then getting a text days later etc. And the secure key is a bit of a faff.
  • techno79techno79 Forumite
    354 posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    I tried to ring HSBC using a couple of different customer service numbers, none were useful as I ended up giving up after over 30 minutes of being on hold. I then re-applied for the bank account last week. I then got a text message a few days later saying HSBC had received my application and then yesterday I got an email giving me Welcome Pack information. So looks like mine eventually went through (but not sure if it was because of the 2nd application or if it would have gone through anyway). Both of my applications were before the 1st September deadline so I should be eligible for the cashback. Will have to see how it goes though.